Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

I called my local store. They said only the store manager can access and release the phones. And he is out sick today and questionable for tomorrow. What the heck??? If he calls in tomorrow, then they won't release it until Friday. Crazy!!!

Robert

I stopped by mine local corporate store and they couldn't tell me how many they got in, just they will be for sale tomorrow.

I also stopped by the T-Mobile and got to handle one there. They got in 2 and from what I have been reading other places that's all a lot of their stores got. None were on display because they didn't have a security device for it but they got one out for me to look at. Good good its big. Anyone who gets one better work on their Paul Hogan accent so when someone pulls out their puny iPhone you can say "That's not a smart phone. Now THAT's a smart phone" as you pull your Note 2 out.

Seriously I think its too big to be called a phone. I think its a tablet with a phone functions in it. Now I have to decide if that is what I want.

Galaxy note 2 5.95 x 3.17 inches

Galaxy S 3 5.38 x 2.78 inches

----------------------------------------

difference 0.57 x 0.39 inches

But it looks like as big as a car door when you first see it.

Another thing I have to think on is do I want to upgrade now or wait till 4G gets here. The earlier I get in the sooner I will be able to go to the next big thing a 800 Mhz phone two years from my next contract start date.

Didn't they make the phone companies partially prorate the ETF's so if your 18 months in a 2 year its not the full $350?

Damn. I really don't know what to do right now. My htc evo is safe at the moment but I think its time to get rid of my gnex, I just don't know if I should get the note 2 or just wait for whatever the next nexus is(other than the lg nexus 4).

• Like 1

When i read that this morning, I was like wow, that is one long detailed review. I liked it. then I saw the one from androidpolice and its even longer. Mind you I was expecting a stupid review since the writer was the one that wrote the review on the Note 10.1 and said it would give him cancer among other stupid remarks, but this time around he actually gave a very good review of the Note 2.

TS

My dilemma is whether or not to replace my gs3 with the note considering an 800mhz capable phone will be out in a 1 1/2 years or less... hmmm methinks sooner with the whole softbank cash infusion. Of course, I can retire my oldest device and move the gs3 down to that line and hold off on the older (year old) phones for another year and go top of the line on the dated stragglers. by then i'm positive at least I will have full LTE in my neck of the woods and all of the device kinks will have been worked out

When i read that this morning, I was like wow, that is one long detailed review. I liked it. then I saw the one from androidpolice and its even longer. Mind you I was expecting a stupid review since the writer was the one that wrote the review on the Note 10.1 and said it would give him cancer among other stupid remarks, but this time around he actually gave a very good review of the Note 2.

TS

TS

So this cancer, eh. Does it only happen on the original note 10.1 or are us users of the new note 10.1 with built-in stylus still at risk??!?! {sarcasm} oh the humanity

TS

That AP review is no joke!! longest review i have ever seen. kudos to Ron Amadeo on that

Plans for tomorrow.

0600 get of work

0630 Odin back to stock unrooted

0730 take wife to work

0845 be in parking lot of local corporate store.

0915 update profile on S4GRU to reflect Note 2 :D

Sent from Galaxy S3 with Jelly Bean

Edited by Richmc
  • Like 2

Note in hand

Looks like online ordering is up. Doesn't indicate any type of shipping delay. Looks like the GS3 is going for a pretty nice price on ebay. Might have to pull the trigger on this.

How do you like it?