Samsung Galaxy Note 2

pyroscott

Also, I have confirmed pricing with the source. $299 on contract, $649 retail.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

And did the same source confirm that it would be the 16gb version?

Does anyone know if BESTBUY will be selling the Note 2 on the 25th?

I called a couple local Best Buy locations yesterday. The first said that they didn't have anything to take pre-orders right now, but they were pretty sure they'd have it on launch day next week (e.g. 25th). The 2nd store I called was more definitive saying that they wouldn't be taking pre-orders, but they would have the Note 2 on launch day, the 25th.

Awesome! They're using the same $350 subsidy to arrive at the retail price as they did for the GSIII. Sure its all just marketing numbers, but I appreciate the consistency from Sprint and Samsung.

• Like 3

My Sprint store is going to hate me on Thursday, I'll be in there with a 4yr old, 2yr old, and 3month old :)

I'll schedule an appt on Monday and get there right when they open.

• Like 2

Damn it, i wanted to do this on Thursday, but it looks like I have to wait till Friday instead. I just hope that they have some in stock then. There are lines forming in places that are selling the Note 2 right now over in Singapore. Hope for my sake that won't happen here in NYC. Good for Samsung, not for me. lol

TS

Damn it, i wanted to do this on Thursday, but it looks like I have to wait till Friday instead. I just hope that they have some in stock then. There are lines forming in places that are selling the Note 2 right now over in Singapore. Hope for my sake that won't happen here in NYC. Good for Samsung, not for me. lol

TS

Wow, this is surprising. Don't get me wrong. The Note 2 is a great device but I thought it's size would make it a good seller but not so much that supply would be an issue. I'm still debating on getting the N2 or to wait for the next nexus phone.

My Sprint store is going to hate me on Thursday, I'll be in there with a 4yr old, 2yr old, and 3month old :)

You know, I've found that the better my kids behave, the less motivated the store employees are to get rid of me. So let your kids (the 4yo and 2yo anyway) do their thing. It might just get you in and out all that much faster! You're right though, you're not going to make it to the Customer of the Month wall.

• Like 2

There are lines forming in places that are selling the Note 2 right now over in Singapore. Hope for my sake that won't happen here in NYC.

Uh oh, a line. That could be awkward for Samsung. Well, if there is a line, I am sure that the wait will "only feel like four hours, tops."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKh68YfQYkE

AJ

starhub_sc.jpg

A queue in Singapore could be a dangerous thing. I hope none of those people litter or spit on the sidewalk while they are waiting.

;)

AJ

You know, I've found that the better my kids behave, the less motivated the store employees are to get rid of me. So let your kids (the 4yo and 2yo anyway) do their thing. It might just get you in and out all that much faster! You're right though, you're not going to make it to the Customer of the Month wall.

Ya know, I have found that the online appt scheduling system is awesome. A few weeks ago, my battery in my GS2 bulged. I made an appt for an hour later and walked into a full store. My name was called immediately, and I got plenty of dirty looks, but I was in and out in 20mins. They didn't have my battery in stock, so I was given a loaner until their shipment came in.

I'm going to schedule for right when they open and hopefully be in and out very quickly.

Will the phone be available in all stores too? I'm looking to go to mine to get one on the release date :D

Or should I just call the day before?

See article.

TS

You know, I heard once from a Singaporean woman, that if you see a line and have even the slightest idea of what it is, you get in it - it must be for something good!

This is opposed to the American idea where waiting in line is something to be dreaded.

Got a 64 gb microsd card and a cheap silicone case and screen protectors off ebay. Guess I'm committed to getting one now.

I hope the card works out ok I keep hearing some people say they work fine and others say 64 gb cards don't work out well.

Thought about the new galaxy nexus, but it is looking like it will not have a removable battery... So I am in....already have my cheap eBay accessories, ready to stand in line if necessary! It seems like Sprint is finally offering a good selection of phones...

And did the same source confirm that it would be the 16gb version?

They did not say, and i didnt think to ask.

Robert via Moto Photon Q using Forum Runner

Will the phone be available in all stores too? I'm looking to go to mine to get one on the release date :D

Or should I just call the day before?

I don't know. Sorry.

Robert via Moto Photon Q using Forum Runner

Spoke with one of the associates at my local Sprint Store and they said that they had a meeting this morning and that the phone and various accessories (cases, screen protectors, etc) will be there first thing this Thursday. Wasn't able to put a phone on hold, but I will be there as they open. Thursday can't come soon enough.

• Like 2

Just got back from my local Sprint store and they say the 25th they will have them for sale in store, but don't know yet if they will just have 16 gb or some 32 gb models.

I may just hit the web site. My phone kicks on at midnight to record Coast to Coast AM, I'll just not turn the media volume down roll over and see if I can get a 32 online. If not I will just get a 16 in the store.

I just tried to schedule my appt for Thursday morning and the first time slot available is 11am. Sprint.com says they open at 10am, i thought the store opened at 9am. Going to have to call them and haul all the kids in with me :)

• Like 2

I ordered a flygrip for mine. I think it will help with a phone this big. Fits on the back and let's you hold it securely with 2 fingers and works as a kickstand. Folds down when not in use. From the videos on YouTube should make sure reaching the corners a lot easier one handed. They will have note 2 cases next week. They give a free case with the flygrip. Anyone use one? I know a free shipping code if anyone wants its qbking77... Forgot to use it...

I ordered a flygrip for mine. I think it will help with a phone this big. Fits on the back and let's you hold it securely with 2 fingers and works as a kickstand. Folds down when not in use. From the videos on YouTube should make sure reaching the corners a lot easier one handed. They will have note 2 cases next week. I they give a free case with the flygrip. Anyone use one? I know a free shipping code if anyone wants its qbking77... Forgot to use it...

link? searching amazon gave me nothing, i'm still searching for any US retailers with official flip covers

Yeah it won't be for everybody. I think its going to be like the Note 2. You will love it, hate it, or think its stupid.

Here is how it installs and basic one hand use there are other videos for kick stand etc...

• Like 1