LuisBOSS302

On 8/2/2014 at 12:47 AM, Dkoellerwx said:

skid beat me to it, but the recent apps button doubles as a menu button, just as the home button doubles as a Google Now launcher if you long press it.

Same button, just slide-up instead of long-pressing it.

Also, since we're talking shortcuts, press the home button then slide up toward the top. I took a screenshot of the shortcut it brings up...but it's Google (search), voice mate and quick memo+. I think you can change this to different things but I'm going to check on that before I say for sure.

Maybe traveling had an affect, from central Alabama to Slidell Louisiana, but I noticed my PRL was 55019 just now. I did the PRL update and it changed to 51101. What's everyone else on?

I'm back home in central Alabama, so I don't know when or for how long it was running 55019. I'm going back to Laurel, MS next week to pick up my oldest daughter and I'll see if PRL changes in that area of MS.

Couple of shots taken in Estes Park.

Are those of the Big Johnson River?

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Are those of the Big Johnson River?

;)

AJ

One must use creative camera angles to capture the true enormity of the Big Johnson.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

Picked up a G3 today.  Loving it.  I do miss having a menu key by the Home key but I'll get use to it.

If you hold the recent apps button it functions as a menu button, just like how holding teh home button opens up google search/google now.

I'm coming from a Nexus 5 and there's too much bloatware on the G3 in my opinion...

Is there anyway to get rid of them?

I was able to uninstall pretty much everything from the factory that wasn't a basic app. A few obvious exceptions are the Sprint Zone app since it's used for the initial factory and carrier setup via Chameleon, and for subsequent things like *2 call intercepts for on-device troubleshooting and management, etc.

I don't like how Lookout is preinstalled in the system partition so you can't uninstall it (I hate the app, I use Cerberus instead and find it much more capable for my uses), but I understand why it's there instead of a standard app. Box on the other hand sucks, wish I could delete it, but disabling it is enough for me. Then there's always the Lumen toolbar which is horrible but installed on everything now, luckily it's small and easy to disable without side effects.

You may have to re-do Hands Free Activation. ##SCRTN#. I had that problem, but going through reactivation fixed it.

I think that should be part of the instruction set for phones receiving an OTA that brings Wifi Calling as a feature. Maybe they could even add it to the end of the code once the OTA is installed somehow, because it appears that most all handsets needs ##SCRTN# after an OTA installs wifi calling...

I was having issues with Bluetooth connectivity between my G3 and my 2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport.

Basically, whenever the two connected, the stock LG Music app would run (which has no music loaded on the phone locally). This meant that I had to go into my phone and shut down the app and load Google Play Music to get music to play. So I tried disabling the LG Music app....... Big mistake. The car and phone would disconnect and reconnect in a closed loop, indefinitely. I re-enabled LG Music and everything worked perfectly again (well, almost perfectly).

All I really want the phone to do is resume playing music in the Google Play Music app and not automatically restart the LG Music app each time I get in the car. Any idea if this is possible? I looked through the LG Music app settings and there is nothing to prevent this from happening. I wish there was a way to make the Google Play Music app my default music player so it is always used in default.

EDIT: I did a little research and it looks like the only way to decide which music player plays by default when connected to Bluetooth device is an app called Bluetooth Connect and Play from the Google Play Store. I'll let everyone know if it works or not tomorrow.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I was having issues with Bluetooth connectivity between my G3 and my 2014 Lexus IS350 F-Sport.

Basically, whenever the two connected, the stock LG Music app would run (which has no music loaded on the phone locally). This meant that I had to go into my phone and shut down the app and load Google Play Music to get music to play. So I tried disabling the LG Music app....... Big mistake. The car and phone would disconnect and reconnect in a closed loop, indefinitely. I re-enabled LG Music and everything worked perfectly again (well, almost perfectly).

All I really want the phone to do is resume playing music in the Google Play Music app and not automatically restart the LG Music app each time I get in the car. Any idea if this is possible? I looked through the LG Music app settings and there is nothing to prevent this from happening. I wish there was a way to make the Google Play Music app my default music player so it is always used in default.

EDIT: I did a little research and it looks like the only way to decide which music player plays by default when connected to Bluetooth device is an app called Bluetooth Connect and Play from the Google Play Store. I'll let everyone know if it works or not tomorrow.

Nice car!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The Uconnect in my 2014 Dodge Dart seems to work fine via bluetooth. Google play music played from day one once I had opened it.  I have since disabled the lg app because I figured that I would never have a need to use it and have not had any ill effects.  I did have an issue with the car continuously asking permission to download my phonebook at first but that worked itself out.  Each system is a little different I guess.

• Like 1

Im assuming you have media files saved directly onto the device? I use the bluetooth on my VW GLI every day without issues. I have never seen the LG music app. 

BTW, yes nice car, my buddy was about to pick one up and decided to wait until they release it with a new powertrain..

She's a fun car!

This is my exact car. Ultra White with Rioja Red interior.

MY GOD...That is like my dream car. Every time I see one of those on the streets my eyes are glued to it. When I went to the auto show last year, I sat in it and never wanted to get out...It's just such a beautiful car. 

• Like 1

Im assuming you have media files saved directly onto the device? I use the bluetooth on my VW GLI every day without issues. I have never seen the LG music app.

BTW, yes nice car, my buddy was about to pick one up and decided to wait until they release it with a new powertrain..

I'm streaming using Google Play Music All Access, so no music stored locally.

I'm streaming using Google Play Music All Access, so no music stored locally.

Thats bizarre so it must be some kind of auto play command coming from your car thats causing it to do that.

Thats bizarre so it must be some kind of auto play command coming from your car thats causing it to do that.

Possible. Lexus has what's called Lexus Enform App Suite, which runs and allows you to control certain apps like Pandora from the infotainment system in the car. I'm thinking this may have something to do with the problem. For now, the "Bluetooth Connect and Play" app seems to be doing the trick of keeping the LG music app from starting upon Bluetooth connection.

• Like 3

MY GOD...That is like my dream car. Every time I see one of those on the streets my eyes are glued to it. When I went to the auto show last year, I sat in it and never wanted to get out...It's just such a beautiful car.

It is a work of art. IMHO, Lexus is killing it right now. The new RC is gorgeous (basically an IS coupé)

Back on topic.. Lol