Note 9 rumor thread.

danlodish345

On 4/23/2018 at 9:04 AM, danlodish345 said:

Massive screen size ! That's to big in opinion

I want the screen size to get back like the note 2... these damn "slim" screens piss me off... They are useless for a "phablet" type phone..Oh and DROP THE ROUNDED SCREEN.. Cant get a decent screen protector

I want the screen size to get back like the note 2... these damn "slim" screens piss me off... They are useless for a "phablet" type phone..Oh and DROP THE ROUNDED SCREEN.. Cant get a decent screen protector
Yes it's annoying but I find the curved screen to feel good in the feel good department

Sent from my H3223 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Me too! Perfect timing since my contract ends next month.
I just established a postpaid account I don't have to put anything else down so I'm only going to have to pay the taxes

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

For me it will depend on price, the s9+ reduced price, versus waiting for 5g phones in January.

For me it will depend on price, the s9+ reduced price, versus waiting for 5g phones in January.

For me to get the phone eventually it would have to depend on the number of things. For example improved battery life. I heard that the galaxy note 8 did not even have a wide angle or telephoto lens. I looked into it and The note 8 does not have either one. So for me I’m looking for improvement in the battery and camera department. They should take an example from LG with the wide-angle lens at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/4/2018 at 8:17 AM, danlodish345 said:

For me to get the phone eventually it would have to depend on the number of things. For example improved battery life. I heard that the galaxy note 8 did not even have a wide angle or telephoto lens. I looked into it and The note 8 does not have either one. So for me I’m looking for improvement in the battery and camera department. They should take an example from LG with the wide-angle lens at least.

The Note 8 does have a 2x optical zoom.  No super wide angle though. The Note 9 is adding the adjustable aperture.  

Phonescoop
It's updated it now... it has 71... when I looked earlier, 66 was as high a band it had shown.   

I was about to say no band 71 that would be crazy talk.

Just now, danlodish345 said:

I was about to say no band 71 that would be crazy talk.

I know... I kinda did a double take on the spec sheet....     It's a sweet phone!    I loved my Note!  

I know... I kinda did a double take on the spec sheet....     It's a sweet phone!    I loved my Note!  

I’m thinking of getting one myself. But I’m also torn between the new iPhone is coming out and the new note.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Absolutely fantastic unfortunately there isn’t one near me...

Lame, ? Watch your email or check your account (Might have to call), you might be eligible to get a $100 MasterCard with an upgrade from Sprint directly.

Lame, [emoji53] Watch your email or check your account (Might have to call), you might be eligible to get a $100 Master Gift Card with an upgrade from Sprint directly.

I hope so. And I hope this phone actually has better battery life. I have the galaxy note 8 for about a week and I wasn’t very happy with it because of the battery life. I’m going to wait to see some reviews to actually see the battery life

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• Excuse my rookie comments here, but after enabling *#73#, it seems that the rainbow sim V2? requires n70 (I turned it off along with n71 - was hoping to track n66) to be available else it switches to T-Mobile.  So this confirms my suspicion that you need to be close to a site to get on Dish.  Have no idea why they don't just use plmn. To test, I put it into a s21 ultra, rebooted twice, came up on T-Mobile (no n70 on s21).  Tried to manually register on 313340, but it did not connect (tried twice). I am on factory unlocked firmware but used a s22 hack to get *#73# working.  Tried what you were suggesting with a T-Mobile sim partially installed, but that was very unstable with Dish ( I think they had figured that one out).  [edit: and now I see Boost sent me a successful device swap notice which says I can now begin to use my new device.  Sigh.  Will try again later and wait for this message - too impatient.]
    • Hopefully this indicates T-Mobile hasn't completely abandoned mmwave and/or small cells? But then again this is the loop, so take that as you will. Hopefully now that most macro activity is done (besides rural colo/builds), they will start working on small cells.   
    • This has been approved.. https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/fcc-approves-t-mobiles-deal-to-purchase-mint-mobile/  
    • In the conference call they had two question on additional spectrum. One was the 800 spectrum. They are not certain what will happen, thus have not really put it into their plans either way (sale or no sale). They do have a reserve level. Nationwide 800Mhz is seen as great for new technologies which I presume is IOT or 5g slices.  T-Mobile did not bite on use of their c-band or DOD.  mmWave rapidly approaching deadlines not mentioned at all. FWA brushes on this as it deals with underutilized spectrum on a sector by sector basis.  They are willing to take more money to allow FWA to be mobile (think RV or camping). Unsure if this represents a higher priority, for example, FWA Mobile in RVs in Walmart parking lots working where mobile phones need all the capacity. In terms of FWA capacity, their offload strategy is fiber through joint ventures where T-Mobile does the marketing, sales, and customer support while the fiber company does the network planning and installation.  50%-50% financial split not being consolidated into their books. I think discussion of other spectrum would have diluted the fiber joint venture discussion. They do have a fund which one use is to purchase new spectrum. Sale of the 800Mhz would go into this. It should be noted that they continue to buy 2.5Ghz spectrum from schools etc to replace leases. They will have a conference this fall  to update their overall strategies. Other notes from the call are 75% of the phones on the network are 5g. About 85% of their sites have n41, n25, and n71, 90% 5g.  93% of traffic is on midband.  SA is also adding to their performance advantage, which they figure is still ahead of other carriers by two years. It took two weeks to put the auction 108 spectrum to use at their existing sites. Mention was also made that their site spacing was designed for midrange thus no gaps in n41 coverage, while competitors was designed for lowband thus toggles back and forth for n77 also with its shorter range.  
    • The manual network selection sounds like it isn't always scanning NR, hence Dish not showing up. Your easiest way to force Dish is going to be forcing the phone into NR-only mode (*#*#4636#*#* menu?), since rainbow sims don't support SA on T-Mobile.