Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

But why light up the hood?

I think we're reading too much into this. The order they get worked on depends on so many factors we don't know about or even care about. All the backhaul, contractors, permits, etc factors will make it seem illogical to us. It may seem like there's no rhyme or reason but they do have a method to their madness.

In the end, they are going to get them all upgraded....so for now, I'll just keep pressing the F5 key every 2 minutes waiting for more updates :P

I think we're reading too much into this. The order they get worked on depends on so many factors we don't know about or even care about. All the backhaul, contractors, permits, etc factors will make it seem illogical to us. It may seem like there's no rhyme or reason but they do have a method to their madness.

In the end, they are going to get them all upgraded....so for now, I'll just keep pressing the F5 key every 2 minutes waiting for more updates :P

I was just being a smartass lol...I know they will get them all done...but with my luck they won't touch Metro East until every single Missouri site is done. lol

Probably not as many people in "the hood" complaining about cell towers at the zoning meetings.

I think it's a combination of this, and the fact that areas like Blackjack, Northwoods, etc. only have like 600 people in them, are located along highway 70/170, and could use some additional revenue outside of the awful speed traps.

Heh, I was going to come in here and post that two days ago I was on 270 in Florissant and my 4G lit up, but you guys are already all over it! I was so excited when it happened! My boyfriend was with me and his Galaxy S3 didn't show 4G, but then I looked into his settings and LTE was turned off. Silly boy.

I didn't do any speed tests or anything, as I was streaming music from Amazon MP3 on my phone at the time, but since it appears that site is live, I'll have to check into it.

Interestingly, however, I didn't have to toggle airplane mode or anything like that. It just picked up 4G all on it's own. I thought in order for the phone to go from 3G to 4G you had to toggle airplane mode or disable/enable mobile network.

Interestingly, however, I didn't have to toggle airplane mode or anything like that. It just picked up 4G all on it's own. I thought in order for the phone to go from 3G to 4G you had to toggle airplane mode or disable/enable mobile network.

No that is not necessary, each device that has lte enabled will scan for LTE every so many minutes. Toggling airplane mode simply causes the device to initiate the scan for any type of signal it can connect to.

Your phone just happened to be doing an lte scan at a point where lte was available.

Has anyone else noticed that the LTE points captured in Sensorly on Lindbergh, McDonnell, and some other surrounding areas don't show up on the map until you zoom down to about the 4 square mile level? They "disappear" when you zoom out. I see this on both the Android mobile app and the standard web site on a PC.

Wow, I didn't notice that. I just though the points weren't on there yet. I'm gna go see if it recorded the points I got.

Edit: I don't think it got my points because I connected all the way back at Washington/Elizabeth on 270.

Edit2: From the signal strength it is pretty obvious that the connection is comig from 270 and Lindbergh

Has anyone else noticed that the LTE points captured in Sensorly on Lindbergh, McDonnell, and some other surrounding areas don't show up on the map until you zoom down to about the 4 square mile level? They "disappear" when you zoom out. I see this on both the Android mobile app and the standard web site on a PC.

Wow I just took a look and points all over at 270 and N Lindbergh when you zoom in far enough. Hopefully they get their maps fixed so they can be seen from out farther as well.

I posted yesterday in several threads that sensorly had an issue and is catching up right now.

But what you are seeing is the different layers are built at different times. Give it 24 hours or so.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 2

If you zoom in close enough, you can see the 4 directional extremes where I picked up/dropped LTE.. lindbergh north and south of 70, mcdonnel/campus, lindbergh almost to new florissant, and frost/midwood.

I did not get much usability/speed tests done, but if that is a single tower getting that range, its a lot more than I expected.

btw, I am using a note 2 mounted above the stereo on the dash while driving around.

Edited by dedub

If you zoom in close enough, you can see the 4 directional extremes where I picked up/dropped LTE.. lindbergh north and south of 70, mcdonnel/campus, lindbergh almost to new florissant, and frost/midwood.

I did not get much usability/speed tests done, but if that is a single tower getting that range, its a lot more than I expected.

btw, I am using a note 2 mounted above the stereo on the dash while driving around.

Especially when you are on the face of the sector and with the Note2 you will get some extreme range. I pulled 9 miles on LTE and it was usable.

• Like 2

BTW I am making an Excel spreadsheet for all the reported connections' date=' sightings, etc. Not much on it yet but I assume it will come together quickly.[/quote']

I already have one made, but way behind on it

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

That is a member only thread, not everyone can get to that

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

I know, but my post included locations that were learned from private information so I didn't want to break any rules....

what the heck, did they skip over Springfield or what? i'm tired of not being able to even stream pandora at work.

Sprint is not skipping sites. Network Vision renovation is coming to all sites over the next year.

AJ