Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

8632960267_00d23e2f25_b.jpg

This is the site at 5959 St Louis Ave(Goodfellow and St Louis Ave) There were multiple AT&T trucks there when I was there with people working on telephone poles. Not sure what that was about but couldn't get much closer with all of the work that was going on. And, like I said....bad area, this is the best pic i got. My LTE connection started at I-70, going south on Goodfellow to St. Louis Ave and then I hightailed it back down Goodfellow to I-70....

• Like 1

8634081994_71a8f4f4b1_b.jpg

8632975017_5c13878f93_b.jpg

This site is in the Florissant, MO area. There were men up on the tower and I know this is a Sprint site. I drove up and sure enough there were 2 Ericsson trucks...but to my dismay, they told me they were working on ClearWire.

Now you guys gotta start tracking the sites with serving cells otherwise you will keep finding the same site over and over.

Sent from my little Note2

What exactly does this mean? And how is this done? Right now there are only 2 sites sending out LTE

Oh man. What have I started? Haha.

Anyway, I might be able to go to the towers with live LTE in STL this weekend if nobody else beats me to it.

Check Sensorly and my posts and pics I just posted...

• Like 1

Say whatever you want about the Cards...it won't offend me. If you start to talk bad about my Blues, you better watch out... ;)

Glad to see another Blues fan on here....by chance are you a member on StlToday Blues Talk?

I picked up 4G driving south on 170 near the 270 to 170 interchange for about 1 minute. I kicked on Sensorly and I think I grabbed a swatch for the map. I think that was me anyway. I lost it a little south of Airport Rd. I'll try to map some more on my way to work tomorrow morning if it's still active.

No LTE on this same stretch this morning around 6:30 am. They must be still in the testing phase.

No LTE on this same stretch this morning around 6:30 am. They must be still in the testing phase.

I think it depends on how fast you drive through and whether your phone is doing a scan for 4g. Last night I drove up and down 170 and didn't pick it up. It wasn't until I cruised on north hanley a few minutes before I picked it up.

I think it depends on how fast you drive through and whether your phone is doing a scan for 4g. Last night I drove up and down 170 and didn't pick it up. It wasn't until I cruised on north hanley a few minutes before I picked it up.

Do we know which site this is coming from yet in the 170/Hanley area?

I'll try toggling airplane mode when I go home from work tonight when I'm near the 170/270 interchange to see if that will force an LTE scan.

Do we know which site this is coming from yet in the 170/Hanley area?

I can try to get the tower ID from my phone's engineering menu tomorrow morning if I can get a signal. I'm not sure how to match that up with the tower information on the NV map in the sponsor section, though. Anyone have any idea how to do that?

What exactly does this mean? And how is this done? Right now there are only 2 sites sending out LTE

Look in my signature... I have links to instructions on how to track down the sites with the serving cells, I also have a link to the spreadsheet that we keep up with the sites in Baton Rouge/New Orleans area.

Also I posted about another site in the sponsor area for this market...

8634081994_71a8f4f4b1_b.jpg

8632975017_5c13878f93_b.jpg

This site is in the Florissant, MO area. There were men up on the tower and I know this is a Sprint site. I drove up and sure enough there were 2 Ericsson trucks...but to my dismay, they told me they were working on ClearWire.

Not sure if there is any correlation, but the day we got our first LTE signals in Tulsa i had just left one of our Clearwire sites that had crews. About 15 minutes later i had my first 4G icon.

I can't wait for some LTE here on the STL I work for a Sprint Preferred Retailer and this will be huge for me and every customer I have signed up with a LTE device in the last year and a half since the LG Viper came out. In the 6 years I've worked for the company I've never been so excited. I drive from South County to Wentzville everyday and I will stop at any towers that I can on my way. I love sports and phones and I can honestly say I was more excited to hear about LTE being spotted in the STL more than the CARDS opening day!!

• Like 2

Opening Day for the Cardinals, and opening day for Sprint LTE in STL! Haha. Sprint sure timed that good!

I still wasn't able to use my phone in the stadium... the gals in front of me were on Facebook, searching Esty, reading E! Online, etc -- on VZW & AT&T phones.

I know it's coming soon, but I can't wait to be able to pull up game info while at the game, etc.

I still wasn't able to use my phone in the stadium... the gals in front of me were on Facebook, searching Esty, reading E! Online, etc -- on VZW & AT&T phones.

I know it's coming soon, but I can't wait to be able to pull up game info while at the game, etc.

Don't count on it. Without a DAS it is still a major strain on the nearest tower; and performance will vary depending on usage intensity from other Sprint subs in the crowd.

That's not to say you won't get data, but it will most likely be much inferior to the typical LTE experiences you're soon to enjoy!

Don't count on it. Without a DAS it is still a major strain on the nearest tower; and performance will vary depending on usage intensity from other Sprint subs in the crowd.

That's not to say you won't get data, but it will most likely be much inferior to the typical LTE experiences you're soon to enjoy!

Honestly, I'd settle for being able to send a text message or make a phone call -- I had trouble doing that (for the third season in a row).