Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Poor radios? Poor chipset? Maybe something to do with the dual chipset that also causes the high battery drain? What happens is the signal reporting gets stuck. So you may have a -80 excellent LTE signal at one point and then you really have a -115 signal but yet it reports -80 to sensorly still.. making this huge swath of deep purple in an almost no signal area.

From what I can see I haven't polluted anything. I mapped the areas at the Goodfellow site and it looks correct to me. I just assumed sensorly gathered data from the LTE engineering area. How else are they going to get accurate signal strength data?

On a side note, is anyone else in the metro area having voice issues? I know of at least 8 people that are having issues making calls. 3g 4 bars....phone says dialing, then starts counting, then hangs up....sometimes it will ring 1-5 times then busy signal. This happened to me in December and January...and has now started again. This has been happening between Alton and Collinsville.

From what I can see I haven't polluted anything. I mapped the areas at the Goodfellow site and it looks correct to me. I just assumed sensorly gathered data from the LTE engineering area. How else are they going to get accurate signal strength data?

Give it time, it will do it. I think you already saw one aspect of the radio crash with the 151515 thing. The New Orleans sensorly map had so many areas that members had to "map down" because it looked like a site went active when actually there was no site there at all, just a Gnex. Now I am sure it is going to take many passes to get the area back up when the nearby site goes active. There are many "scars" on the 4g map there still to this day. Luckily we got most of those folks to stop mapping and it has stopped. And these were bone stock phones.

All I can say is be careful as it can easily drive members crazy. But so can a Note2 with its ability to snag a site 8 or 9 miles away with ease.

Sent from my little Note2

On a side note, is anyone else in the metro area having voice issues? I know of at least 8 people that are having issues making calls. 3g 4 bars....phone says dialing, then starts counting, then hangs up....sometimes it will ring 1-5 times then busy signal. This happened to me in December and January...and has now started again. This has been happening between Alton and Collinsville.

My wife and I had a helluva time getting data sent back and forth today... text messages would get delayed an awful long time. I'm by Westport, and my wife is Downtown.

My wife and I had a helluva time getting data sent back and forth today... text messages would get delayed an awful long time. I'm by Westport, and my wife is Downtown.

According to Sprint, there is no current network outage in my area. They gave me a $70 credit but they can't fix the issue...

According to Sprint, there is no current network outage in my area. They gave me a $70 credit but they can't fix the issue...

Hmm. Maybe I should call and see about a statement credit, then...

Hmm. Maybe I should call and see about a statement credit, then...

My family and I have been with Sprint for close to 11 years. Whenever I have a problem i always go online and they give me a credit. I got $80 off last month for other issues and not having LTE yet.

So, since St Louis is officially started, should we still expect significant amounts of time between towers going up? I understand zoning and permit regulations must be a nightmare here. I guess I'm just wondering if were going to get bursts here and there or are we going to see one tower go up a week or something like that.

• Like 4

So, since St Louis is officially started, should we still expect significant amounts of time between towers going up? I understand zoning and permit regulations must be a nightmare here. I guess I'm just wondering if were going to get bursts here and there or are we going to see one tower go up a week or something like that.

I don't know but I am a little concerned there are almost no reports of in progress sites.

I don't know but I am a little concerned there are almost no reports of in progress sites.

Maybe Charter gave Sprint's contractors an 8a-noon window that they'll show up with the backhaul and completely missed their appointment? ;-)

• Like 1

I have some good news. My brother got LTE on his SGS3 at Lewis and Clark Blvd and Chambers road. He said that he ran a speedtest, but he lost LTE before it finished. It was either a weak signal or they had just finished testing. On sensorly, I also saw some points for LTE on Hwy H and some in Clayton. I will see if I can get LTE where my brother got it tomorrow since I will be close. I'll post back and let you know if I picked up LTE in that same location.

Lewis and Clark Blvd and Chambers road

that looks like right on the edge of potential dellwood range, but hopefully its a sign of something new.

On sensorly, I also saw some points for LTE on Hwy H and some in Clayton.

the highway h looks like a pull from the 270/lindbergh area, and the clayton blip was discussed earlier this week. I personally spent over half an hour driving in circles around the area but got nothing, but again lets hope for something about progress in the area.

Likely come in bursts, since they don't usually times things out to have a steady stream of completed towers. Many markets see several very slow weeks followed by a very busy couple of days. Then more slow time.

• Like 1

I am happy to say that I have finished the spreadsheet for the MO Market. I will be sending out a link on the Sponsor side. I am looking for reliable people to have editing access. Let me know.

http://s4gru.com/ind...s/page__st__600

Needing a couple people from Joplin, Springfield, STL, Columbia, Metro East to help with editing if possible.

If anyone has any suggestions as to the layout or information we are collecting please let me know!

• Like 1

I am happy to say that I have finished the spreadsheet for the MO Market. I will be sending out a link on the Sponsor side. I am looking for reliable people to have editing access. Let me know.

http://s4gru.com/ind...s/page__st__600

Needing a couple people from Joplin, Springfield, STL, Columbia, Metro East to help with editing if possible.

If anyone has any suggestions as to the layout or information we are collecting please let me know!

I can hit a lot of sites in/around the mid-county area. The site along 40 in Richmond Heights is like 5 blocks from my house. Easy drive/easy access (it's on a soccer field). I can also collect photos/data on sites in progress for the spreadsheet around the Westport area. In fact, I can see a tower from my office window. :)

I can hit a lot of sites in/around the mid-county area. The site along 40 in Richmond Heights is like 5 blocks from my house. Easy drive/easy access (it's on a soccer field). I can also collect photos/data on sites in progress for the spreadsheet around the Westport area. In fact, I can see a tower from my office window. :)

Do you want editing access?