Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Doesn't Robert have access to "Acceptance Reports" or something like that?

That only tells if the site is accepted not if it is active and then doesn't say what the serving cell IDs are either.

Sent from my little Note2

You see thats the thing about the internet....i wasn't trying to come off as a dick...just trying to inform...I guess the first post on this page got overlooked....

Noted, apologies here as well. I did read but then read again just now and do see it so my bad. The for the info.

This can also be attributed to my excitement if seeing the 4G icon on my phone since I got it last June. :huh:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Noted, apologies here as well. I did read but then read again just now and do see it so my bad. The for the info.

This can also be attributed to my excitement if seeing the 4G icon on my phone since I got it last June. :huh:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I was the one who went into the ghetto to get that purple(referring to sensorly) down there in Wells/Goodfellow....I am trying to create a spreadsheet and I am currently compiling a list of all sites in the STL Market. I have the Illinois side finished and am moving onto the MO side. Currently 3 sites are up in STL...if you become a sponsor you can see which sites

Well, I am sure he compiles the map through the acceptance reports and confirmation from members...Just wasn't sure what the acceptance reports are for.

Robert does receive acceptance reports, but only when sources are able to send that information. It does not always happen on a regular schedule, and Robert has been on vacation until today. The acceptance reports indicate that the equipment has been successfully installed, but does not tell whether it is active or not. That is where Sensorly and members come in.

• Like 1

Okay, I have finished listing all 114 STL Sites on the Illinois side. I can't even imagine taking on the rest of the market but I will try. It will give me something to do until Sprint lights up the other sites. That said, if anyone(sponsor level or above) wants to take a look at the excel file that I have for Illinois to make suggestions or just out of curiosity, you can PM me. Obviously nothing is on on the East side...just thought it would be easier to start here since they are more spread out.

• Like 1

Okay, I have finished listing all 114 STL Sites on the Illinois side. I can't even imagine taking on the rest of the market but I will try. It will give me something to do until Sprint lights up the other sites. That said, if anyone(sponsor level or above) wants to take a look at the excel file that I have for Illinois to make suggestions or just out of curiosity, you can PM me. Obviously nothing is on on the East side...just thought it would be easier to start here since they are more spread out.

Great job!

So... the JLN market officially launched, however there are 3 towers that I know of in the city that are not active and 1 that does not have NV panels. Any other Joplin folks seen the crews still in town or is this all we are getting for now?

So... the JLN market officially launched, however there are 3 towers that I know of in the city that are not active and 1 that does not have NV panels. Any other Joplin folks seen the crews still in town or is this all we are getting for now?

Work will continue until every site in the market is complete. Unfortunately we don't have a way to know where the crews are going next.

The magic press release didn't make all the sites get upgraded and turned on overnight? What?!

Can you believe it? But hey, sprint did update the LTE maps and show excellent signal quality right next to a tower that has no panels... Imagine that. Just wondering if anyone has seen tower activity the last few days.

Not sure why you are posting those. That's only the 1x basestations where LTE was found. It will hugely mismatched until all sites are completed.

What does a SCID of 51515 mean? Some kind of error? I was connected to LTE and it wouldn't change from this. I restarted my phone and it went back to normal. I got SCID's of 2 of the sites for STL. What do you want me to do with them?

What does a SCID of 51515 mean? Some kind of error? I was connected to LTE and it wouldn't change from this. I restarted my phone and it went back to normal. I got SCID's of 2 of the sites for STL. What do you want me to do with them?

Must be a Gnex I bet. Please don't use Sensorly with that phone as it pollutes the map with strong signals all the time. It will drive others nuts looking for sites that are simply not there.

If you guys are keeping track of them then mark them down for the site it is from. I don't confirm them on our spreadsheet unless they are - 80 or better though.

Must be a Gnex I bet. Please don't use Sensorly with that phone as it pollutes the map with strong signals all the time. It will drive others nuts looking for sites that are simply not there.

If you guys are keeping track of them then mark them down for the site it is from. I don't confirm them on our spreadsheet unless they are - 80 or better though.

Is there a way to calculate how many sites are in a given market?

Did anyone else do any Sensorly plotting near 170/Clayton lately? I had my Tasker LTE "scan" running with Sensorly running in the background this morning. I'm seeing an LTE blip on the Sensorly map near 170/Clayton now (near 170/40 interchange), but not 100% it was me since I wasn't looking at my phone at the time to verify an LTE connection. I guess it could be the Clayton "200" site that's gone live.

• Like 1

Did anyone else do any Sensorly plotting near 170/Clayton lately? I had my Tasker LTE "scan" running with Sensorly running in the background this morning. I'm seeing an LTE blip on the Sensorly map near 170/Clayton now (near 170/40 interchange), but not 100% it was me since I wasn't looking at my phone at the time to verify an LTE connection. I guess it could be the Clayton "200" site that's gone live.

I hope that site is going live -- I live close enough that I may be able to steal a weak signal.

I spent 40 minutes driving around clayton/170/40 this morning and nothing.

I suspect that blip is either some kind of momentary testing that someone caught.

Or its a gps glitch from someones phone while running sensorly on one of the other lte areas.

Is there some elevated in that area? Or maybe a Gnex is mapping in that area polluting the maps. We had all kinds of this in New Orleans with people chasing down the pollution and mapping it over and over the get the average down.

Is there some elevated in that area? Or maybe a Gnex is mapping in that area polluting the maps. We had all kinds of this in New Orleans with people chasing down the pollution and mapping it over and over the get the average down.

Sensorly should effectively tell the Galaxy Nexus, "Thanks, but no thanks," and discard its data.

On second thought, I guess you could say that the Galaxy Nexus running Sensorly brings new meaning to the phrase "painting the town."

AJ

• Like 1

Why does the GNex do this?

Is there some elevated in that area?

There is a site on a tall building off of S. Brentwood, which appears to have a set of panels point directly toward the 170/40 interchange. I'm going to try driving south on S. Brentwood tonight on my way home from work, since it looks like there is a panel pointed south/southwest of the building. This assumes the new panels are is a similar orientation to the old ones in the Google satellite imagery.

Why does the GNex do this?

Poor radios? Poor chipset? Maybe something to do with the dual chipset that also causes the high battery drain? What happens is the signal reporting gets stuck. So you may have a -80 excellent LTE signal at one point and then you really have a -115 signal but yet it reports -80 to sensorly still.. making this huge swath of deep purple in an almost no signal area.