Network Vision/LTE - Missouri Market (includes St. Louis)

riddlebox

Some where I saw a post about LTE at I-270 and Lindberg/67 north of the airport and ran over and used LTE Discovery and Sensorly. I don't see it on their map yet I hope it shows up. I got about 800-900 points. Didn't run a speed test maybe this weekend.

I went from I-270 north on Lindberg to Charbonier then West to Howdershell, south till it turned into James MacDonnel past 270 and back over to Lindberg and 270 then headed home. Man I sure hope all that data uploaded, there is no way to tell that I can find.

Edited by DaQue

I can't say for sure its Sprint WIP but the right across the street in Cottleville from the area that has 3 cell towers rignt on 94 one of which Sprint uses to service where I work had a bucket truck and a big white van from some company's "fiber splicing division".

I hope its Sprint's new backhaul going in.

I think Sensorly's servers are stuck again or backlogged. We had a member in our market upload 3200 new points and nothing yet. Maybe drop them an email.

Heard back from them. Things are catching up and might be a day or two.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

Heard back from them. Things are catching up and might be a day or two.

That makes sense. I logged some LTE points between Lindbergh and 170 going east on 270 and they aren't showing up, yet.

I logged the tower at 270 and Lindberg also, and I went to the tower at the dellwood rec center. I dont know a whole bunch, but they had one RRU on each side , plus 2 boxes behind each one (i cant remember what the boxes are called). There was also an ATT van there, but the guy was just sitting in it (it was 6:30p). No 4g.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11693182/2013-04-09%2018.38.18.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11693182/2013-04-09%2018.38.39.jpg

• Like 1

Same thing happened to me...I got about 150 points at about 5:45 and then Sensorly crashed and would no longer map the route. I waited for about 10 minutes under the tower at 270 and Lindbergh(near the old ford plant) and it never came back. I have pics and I can pretty much confirm that this site is the active one. The tower at Dellwood Rec Center has Panels up but no connection. I managed to get a speed test while on 270 and I got 14down and 6up. Under the tower I only got 2.5 down and 1up. Weird. I forgot how to get into the engineering screen so i dont have screenshots of that.

Same thing happened to me...I got about 150 points at about 5:45 and then Sensorly crashed and would no longer map the route. I waited for about 10 minutes under the tower at 270 and Lindbergh(near the old ford plant) and it never came back. I have pics and I can pretty much confirm that this site is the active one. The tower at Dellwood Rec Center has Panels up but no connection. I managed to get a speed test while on 270 and I got 14down and 6up. Under the tower I only got 2.5 down and 1up. Weird. I forgot how to get into the engineering screen so i dont have screenshots of that.

I seem to get my best speeds off the towers at about 3/4 of a mile. Being too close will get you overshot.

I mapped another 1k data points north of Lambert between 170 and up and down Lindbergh and north up around Florissant tonight

Am I breaking the rules posting Photos and such here?

I don't think so as long as its not info from the sponsors section that came from S4GRU. If its your pictures and what you have found running around to the sites etc its ok I think. I posted some and I asked if I could use a site id and included it after Robert said I could. That's something from the sponsors area and a no no to be spreading around. The site id just up the street from me should be ok for me to post, its on the gate and anyone can see it without even getting out of their car on a public stripmall parking lot.

This the 270 and N Lindbergh, One of the 2 active LTE sites in St. Louis!

This is the Dellwood Rec site...NV Panels up but no 4Gees....

I think there could be 3, the I-270 and Lindberg one, one off I-170 (Berkley) and the first one they talked about at the food bank.

I also got a picture of the Dellwood site a couple days ago http://s4gru.com/ind...post__p__124591

I went west from frost, down to mcdonnel bl, then west all the way out to 270, lte dropped right before 270.

Then I doubled back mcdonnel, south on lindberg where it cut out right by the tunnel, picked it up again for a little bit lindbergh south of 70.

Doubled back on lindbergh north all the way through to new halls ferry, it cut out just before lindb and NHF and didn't want to pop up again going south to 270.

so, berkley > hazelwood > florissant, seemed like alot of area to cover with just a couple towers, maybe some more have popped up.

Edited by dedub

This the 270 and N Lindbergh, One of the 2 active LTE sites in St. Louis!

This is the Dellwood Rec site...NV Panels up but no 4Gees....

I think there could be 3, the I-270 and Lindberg one, one off I-170 (Berkley) and the first one they talked about at the food bank.

I also got a picture of the Dellwood site a couple days ago http://s4gru.com/ind...post__p__124591

Your photo of the Rec Center one is def better than mine and the other guy's....

I just assumed that the connection on 170 was from the one at 270 and Lindbergh...considering the proximity of the 2 locations...My connection started at 270 and Washington/Elizabeth and I went down to Lindbergh/Pershall and back after Sensorly stopped working. That would be intriguing if there was a 3rd site

Your photo of the Rec Center one is def better than mine and the other guy's....

I just assumed that the connection on 170 was from the one at 270 and Lindbergh...considering the proximity of the 2 locations...My connection started at 270 and Washington/Elizabeth and I went down to Lindbergh/Pershall and back after Sensorly stopped working. That would be intriguing if there was a 3rd site

Any photo of Sprint LTE in St Louis is great!

Once Sensorly gets caught back up with everyone's plot it should be clear if there are more than 2. I just didn't think the same cell would cover all the way from 170 over to where I got 4G in Hazelwood.

I'm not so patiently waiting for this to move just a touch west into saint Charles county!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I am happy they have started the region but would have preferred if they would have hit the places that never got WiMax....

Am I breaking the rules posting Photos and such here?

No. Carry on.

On a side note, I hope they do a Network Vision soon in the Metro East and south like in Waterloo and Red Bud, then go on and try further south... like my home town of Chester. :)

Data didn't even work half the time on Verizon in town. I want off in the worst way but I don't want to go to AT&T either.

The more I think about it, it makes perfect sense for Sprint to try to blanket the Airport area with the NV updates. Roll out there first, then expand outward.

BTW I am making an Excel spreadsheet for all the reported connections, sightings, etc. Not much on it yet but I assume it will come together quickly.

A big key is the serving cell IDs per site.

The more I think about it, it makes perfect sense for Sprint to try to blanket the Airport area with the NV updates. Roll out there first, then expand outward.

But why light up the hood?