Network Vision/LTE - Shentel Market (Shenandoah Valley/Hagerstown/Harrisburg)

Boosted20V

I held onto the signal for a good distance farther than with B25. There is a lot of terrain in that area but I still held the signal far enough to transfer over to a B25 tower where I would have gone to 3G in the past. I guess that's the idea of it all and it seems to work well.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Great news guys! Just got my first sighting of Band 26 LTE in York, PA! Keep an eye on your smartphones as we are that much closer to official B26 from Shentel and I expect them to move fast and furious.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_ESszeycXGbEVPRHpUcXI4Ylk/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_ESszeycXGRUpMRXpNbDV0dU0/edit?usp=sharing

Leozno1 -  about where were you when you latched onto this B26 in York?    If you were close to Lancaster county(East of York), it may have came from there.  Can you be sure it was a Shentel site in York County??   The signal level looks good, so you were fairly close to the site but B26 does travel fairly well.

• Like 1

Leozno1 -  about where were you when you latched onto this B26 in York?    If you were close to Lancaster county(East of York), it may have came from there.  Can you be sure it was a Shentel site in York County??   The signal level looks good, so you were fairly close to the site but B26 does travel fairly well.

Definitely in the City. The first screen shot is from my home which is about 3 blocks away from York College when I noticed. So my guess is that I may have been connected to the tower nearest to me which is at Resevoir Park just behind York College.

The 2nd screenshot when I was connected to sector 1B, was at the Advance Auto Parts on Mount Rose Ave near Penn State York.

And the 3rd screenshot showing sector 1A, that was in the parking lot by McDonalds on the corner of North George Street and Route 30 Although at that range I was only connected briefly before getting kicked back down to B25.

I imagine that either the down tilt has yet to be adjusted if the tower by York College was reaching Route 30 or there may be another tower in York broadcasting B26 LTE.

• Like 1

Definitely in the City. The first screen shot is from my home which is about 3 blocks away from York College when I noticed. So my guess is that I may have been connected to the tower nearest to me which is at Resevoir Park just behind York College.

The 2nd screenshot when I was connected to sector 1B, was at the Advance Auto Parts on Mount Rose Ave near Penn State York.

And the 3rd screenshot showing sector 1A, that was in the parking lot by McDonalds on the corner of North George Street and Route 30 Although at that range I was only connected briefly before getting kicked back down to B25.

I imagine that either the down tilt has yet to be adjusted if the tower by York College was reaching Route 30 or there may be another tower in York broadcasting B26 LTE.

Hard for me to prove anything when I am not in York.  But I think you probably proved it is a site in York city and probably not at the extreme north or eastern city boundaries as the signal is stronger toward the center city.   Lancaster county is too far away from York Center city to provide the coverage you see, so, I would tend to back up your claim that you have found Shentel B26 LTE in York, Pa.  If you think you know where the site is, you probably should see  a strong B-26 signal signal as you approach the site from all directions.  You may need to have some data using program running to keep the connection on B-26.  Other people are saying that an idle phone prefers to park on B-25 so that makes site hunting on B-26 hard to accomplish.  If you can get B-26 LTE while very close to the site, post your Signal Check Pro results so we can see the signal level.

A band 25 LTE signal is about -72 close to the site but a band 26 signal should be better than that.

Other people are saying that an idle phone prefers to park on B-25 so that makes site hunting on B-26 hard to accomplish.  If you can get B-26 LTE while very close to the site, post your Signal Check Pro results so we can see the signal level.

A band 25 LTE signal is about -72 close to the site but a band 26 signal should be better than that.

Yeah I thought so too. I think that specific site near my home may be overloaded as I barely get any speeds over 2 mbps even with a decent -90 to -100 dBm signal at any time of the day. So maybe B25 being overwhelmed is cause for the network to kick me over to B26. But I'll do some more experimenting when I get home tonight.

Yeah I thought so too. I think that specific site near my home may be overloaded as I barely get any speeds over 2 mbps even with a decent -90 to -100 dBm signal at any time of the day. So maybe B25 being overwhelmed is cause for the network to kick me over to B26. But I'll do some more experimenting when I get home tonight.

Good chance you are right on your thoughts here.  That is the way it is supposed to work.  Many band 25 sites are starting to slow down due to high usage.  I would expect to see York have that situation.  I do not live in York, but I do get in the area occasionally.

I went through the area about 3 weeks ago and came away with the opinion that Shentel was going to soon have to add another Band 25 LTE carrier or get band 26 LTE operating soon. The LTE was still Ok, but in peak periods, it was probably getting into the poor category.

It appears that the tower on West Market Street and S Richland Ave by the York Fairgrounds is broadcasting B26 LTE judging from my signal strength when I was about 100 feet away from the tower.

It appears that the tower on West Market Street and S Richland Ave by the York Fairgrounds is broadcasting B26 LTE judging from my signal strength when I was about 100 feet away from the tower.

Yep, I would say you nailed it.  The signal level is about right for being within 100 feet. Did you have to be running a "data using program" to stay connected to Band 26?

Yep, I would say you nailed it.  The signal level is about right for being within 100 feet. Did you have to be running a "data using program" to stay connected to Band 26?

If Band 25 is congested, you can idle on Band 26. I idle on B26 all day long in KC. It's only when I'm connected to WiFi that it falls back to idling on B25. Once I turn WiFi off, it's back on B26 until late night when B25 is not as busy.

If Band 25 is congested, you can idle on Band 26. I idle on B26 all day long in KC. It's only when I'm connected to WiFi that it falls back to idling on B25. Once I turn WiFi off, it's back on B26 until late night when B25 is not as busy.

Probably we have a whole bunch of 1900 only handsets that are limited to Band 25 LTE.  They are limited to Band 25, so they are who is loading it.   If you have a newer handset capable of band 26 LTE, yes, you may go to band 26 and stay there since you are one of only a few who can access it.  Things may change in the future when band 26 starts to have heavier use.

I would have one question for you about staying on band 26 all day - are you using any real data or just setting in an idle state??

I did not. At the time I was mapping on sensorly to map the change in coverage signal strength now that it was connected to B26, but normally my phone usually stays on B26 until I'm out of usable range of it.

Probably we have a whole bunch of 1900 only handsets that are limited to Band 25 LTE.  They are limited to Band 25, so they are who is loading it.   If you have a newer handset capable of band 26 LTE, yes, you may go to band 26 and stay there since you are one of only a few who can access it.  Things may change in the future when band 26 starts to have heavier use.

I would have one question for you about staying on band 26 all day - are you using any real data or just setting in an idle state??

My device does not have a hard time connecting to it or maintaining a signal at all even during idle. Unless I'm staring at SignalCheck, I would never notice when it switches between B25 and B26 other than the increase in signal strength. And streaming data like Spotify or Youtube doesn't exhibit so much as a hiccup during the transition. It's honestly rather impressive how seamless the transition between bands is. It's awesome to finally have first hand experience of what Sprint envisioned 3+ years ago when they first announced Network Vision and the multimode base stations. I can't wait til B41 joins the fray here!

• Like 2

Completely idle. Nothing but background data if any and it stays on B26. Once I connect to WiFi though, it goes back to B25. Turn WiFi off, B26. 

That's during the day. At night, I really only see B26 if I'm on a fringe signal, or somewhere it's always congested like downtown, otherwise it's mostly B25. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_ESszeycXGbGNTSEJNMGdvY0U/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_ESszeycXGR2UyOUVTN04tbHM/edit?usp=sharing

I wonder if 800 LTE is up and running here in Harrisburg as well? I'll have to re-activate my LG G2 to find out.

You're giving me hope!

• Like 1

Completely idle. Nothing but background data if any and it stays on B26. Once I connect to WiFi though, it goes back to B25. Turn WiFi off, B26. 

That's during the day. At night, I really only see B26 if I'm on a fringe signal, or somewhere it's always congested like downtown, otherwise it's mostly B25.

Same in NYC. Early in the morning, I get out on PCS LTE. As the day progresses and foot traffic picks up by my school, I get out on SMR. Overall the speeds on PCS have improved tenfold with the introduction of SMR.

I wonder if 800 LTE is up and running here in Harrisburg as well? I'll have to re-activate my LG G2 to find out.

You're giving me hope!

Yesss!!! Do it! We need you! Your fellow Harrisburg residents need you!  :D

Great news guys! Just got my first sighting of Band 26 LTE in York, PA! Keep an eye on your smartphones as we are that much closer to official B26 from Shentel and I expect them to move fast and furious.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_ESszeycXGbEVPRHpUcXI4Ylk/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_ESszeycXGRUpMRXpNbDV0dU0/edit?usp=sharing

WHERE WERE YOU!!!!!!!!!! I'm in the york area, all I keep seeing is the GCI have A's on them now

EDIT: never mind I read a few posts back, and WOOOOO, band 26, in my house, I knew they were working on all the towers, and you guys thought I was a nut,lol, but hooray!!!!!!! BAND 41 hurry!!!!!!!!!!, I'll keep an eye out on the towers near me, maybe I should walk to them for futher inspection

Edited by A2CKilla
  • Like 1

No evidence of band 26 here in Harrisburg yet. We tried my G'F's Samsung S4T tri band phone and only fell back to 3G eHRPD when the 1900 MHz LTE signal was lost.

Looked in the DEBUG screen and only found band 25 connections.

Interesting experience just now. I was on sprint chat to complain about my continued (apparent) eCSFB problems with my nexus 5. Chat tech says he 'refreshed my service' and would put a trouble ticket in... And as he was doing this, lo and behold, the phone jumped to band 26. I had enabled the bands previously but never saw them show up until just now. (And the eCSFB appears to work properly on band 26!)

This is on the tower north of York at church rd, emigsville, and showing a GCI of 1A! ☺

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

WHERE WERE YOU!!!!!!!!!! I'm in the york area, all I keep seeing is the GCI have A's on them now

EDIT: never mind I read a few posts back, and WOOOOO, band 26, in my house, I knew they were working on all the towers, and you guys thought I was a nut,lol, but hooray!!!!!!! BAND 41 hurry!!!!!!!!!!, I'll keep an eye out on the towers near me, maybe I should walk to them for futher inspection

With those speeds I'm not sure why I the pressing need for band 41. Granted, I'm sure it will be amazing to see those speeds so I don't blame you.

With those speeds I'm not sure why I the pressing need for band 41. Granted, I'm sure it will be amazing to see those speeds so I don't blame you.

This is band 41 good sir (when I made a trip to Baltimore)...and you're telling me you don't want this?

jhcZ7QOl.png

Edited by A2CKilla

Not sure if I was connected to the same tower as you as it's a pretty good distance away from where you picked up B26 but I was also connected to B26 consistently yesterday around Davidsburg Road in Weigelstown, PA. Indoors and all. Gotta love B26!

Interesting experience just now. I was on sprint chat to complain about my continued (apparent) eCSFB problems with my nexus 5. Chat tech says he 'refreshed my service' and would put a trouble ticket in... And as he was doing this, lo and behold, the phone jumped to band 26. I had enabled the bands previously but never saw them show up until just now. (And the eCSFB appears to work properly on band 26!)

This is on the tower north of York at church rd, emigsville, and showing a GCI of 1A! ☺

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Not sure if I was connected to the same tower as you as it's a pretty good distance away from where you picked up B26 but I was also connected to B26 consistently yesterday around Davidsburg Road in Weigelstown, PA. Indoors and all. Gotta love B26!

All I know is all the towers near red lion are all B26 and there was wimax scattered around here as well, that's why I'm thinking B41 will happen soon, espcailly since I keep seeing techs on the towers

You're making me jealous!  Still nothing in the Harrisburg area.