Network Vision/LTE - Shentel Market (Shenandoah Valley/Hagerstown/Harrisburg)

Boosted20V

Last night, I made a new topic in the Premier Sponsor section for discussion of B26 and B41 sightings and information specifically for the Shentel Market. The link included below will only work for Premier Sponsors. 

If you're a Premier Sponsor, head over to check it out. If you aren't, consider a donation to get to Premier level. The information on B26 and B41 is worth the donation. 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6216-shentel-market-b26b41-info/

I feel like everyone should get the info since we all contribute without compensation :/, but if B41 pops up, everyone will know

I feel like everyone should get the info since we all contribute without compensation :/, but if B41 pops up, everyone will know

It's in the Sponsor section because the data is built on top of our Sponsor map data, site names, site numbers and GPS coords. No one at S4GRU is compensated. We are an all volunteer staff and members who contribute financially through donations to help pay the site's expenses.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

anyone else been having issues in the York area? I've been getting extremely delayed text messages, no data connection from time to time. started occurring yesterday and is still happening. Power cycle phone usually pushes through all the texts.

I posted some excerpts from Shentel's Q2 earnings release (which has some insightful information about their current deployment status and future plans for B26 and B41 deployment) in the http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/6216-shentel-market-b26b41-info/ premier forum.

Shentel had a great quarter and have been consistently a contributor for subscriber growth for Sprint.  

Once again there is great value in becoming a member and contributing financially to support the hosting of all these great forums and user cultivated information and Q&A.  Thanks again Robert (any many other official and unofficial contributors) for creating this site and all the contributors who have been around since the beginning supporting a constructive environment for discussions on Sprints NV deployment.

• Like 1

anyone else been having issues in the York area? I've been getting extremely delayed text messages, no data connection from time to time. started occurring yesterday and is still happening. Power cycle phone usually pushes through all the texts.

that was happening to me a lot, but I've been using wifi calling lately, so I haven't tried the network in a while

I haven't had any issues with data connectivity but I've been having issues with delayed text messages. I've gotten messages 15+ minutes later and sometimes even more.

Has anyone in the Harrisburg area had problems with band 25 signal strength from the tower behind the Harrisburg UPS Hub?

I have barely been able to hold LTE at my house and my work location. I connect to different arrays on that tower depending if I am at work or home. At home on he second level of the house I have been receiving a signal strength of about -117 dBm. I used to get that kind of number deep in my basement. The norm for the second level in he house was around -90 dBm to -100 dBm.

Using Signal Check Pro, I have noticed that I am also hashing between 4 different cell sites on Band 25 LTE.

I guess because the signal strenght from the tower behind UPS is down, my phone tries to connect to other towers.

I called and reported this to Sprint. They have no other reports of trouble, but put in a service ticket.

I am about 0.5 nautical miles from this tower and have always received a great signal.

Shentel is quick to fix problems. I noticed last week that one sector of the tower that I connect to at work wasn't broadcasting 800 in either voice or B26. The other 2 sectors were functioning normally. I was going to call but I noticed the next day it was back to normal.

I have called in other issues and they are usually fixed in a day. I know in today's society, "tomorrow" usually isn't quick enough but I'm sure it won't be long until it's functioning again.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.0 2014 edition

Shentel is quick to fix problems. I noticed last week that one sector of the tower that I connect to at work wasn't broadcasting 800 in either voice or B26. The other 2 sectors were functioning normally. I was going to call but I noticed the next day it was back to normal.

I have called in other issues and they are usually fixed in a day. I know in today's society, "tomorrow" usually isn't quick enough but I'm sure it won't be long until it's functioning again.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.0 2014 edition

That's very true. Historically when I've had ssues with this same tower, they were fixed within a few hours of me reporting the problem. This time it's a little different. This "low signal" phenomenon has been going on for over a week until I reported it. When I called Sprint, they had no other reports of trouble and couldn't find anything wrong with the tower. That's kind of scary.

I'm hoping that Shentel didn't realign the radio heads and this is what I'm stuck with. I've checked signal with both Tri Band devices and my single band workhorse Samsung GN3. That's why I posted here in hopes to get other user's thoughts on signal level. I guess there's just not enough people on this thread in my area.

• 3 weeks later...

Lancaster area (at least what my old boss tells me is sprint corporate) and I did notice it as well in York. I was no longer connecting to eHRPD when it dropped down to 3g, instead it said EV-DO Rev A. I was able to google search it and an old post from the forums came up about possible work on towers, but I just wanted to confirm with a few others before making that conclusion.

well b26 seems like it's coming on in lancaster (near park city mall) I guess sprint wasn't joking about being finished by the end of this year, hooray for sprint/softbank. And also here's a picture of what keeps popping up as far as 3g now

xBPEzk4l.png

Wy4u44il.png

Edited by A2CKilla

I think I've seen EVDO on a few occasions as well. Not sure why it happens.

Your boss is correct too. Lancaster is Sprint, York is Shentel.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

well i guess now I get to see the difference between corporate land and shentel each week to see who can upgrade faster,lol, and what blows my mind, even after moving, I still live right next to a sprint tower :D so I'll really be able to tell when upgrades are happening

well b26 seems like it's coming on in lancaster (near park city mall) I guess sprint wasn't joking about being finished by the end of this year, hooray for sprint/softbank. And also here's a picture of what keeps popping up as far as 3g now

Wy4u44il.png

xBPEzk4l.png

As was posted above, Lancaster is not Shentel, but I can tell you almost all Shentel sites now have an 800 MHz LTE and voice carrier.

Has anyone noticing the lack of eHRPD in the Shentel market noticed slower data performance? This would only be noticeable during the transition from EV-DO to LTE. Read the following for more information:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1819-what-is-ehrpd/&do=findComment&comment=52976

Edited by ajm8127

xBPEzk4l.png

As was posted above, Lancaster is not Shentel, but I can tell you almost all Shentel sites now have an 800 MHz LTE and voice carrier.

Has anyone noticing the lack of eHRPD in the Shentel market noticed slower data performance? This would only be noticeable during the transition from EV-DO to LTE. Read the following for more information:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1819-what-is-ehrpd/&do=findComment&comment=52976

I'm already fully aware it's not, and if you read a couple posts back, I've already stated that as well about eHRPD

I noticed my phone grabbed onto EVDO yesterday as I was leaving the basement of a brick building. It quickly switched back to LTE as i went out into the parking lot. I wasn't streaming anything at the time but that's the only thing that I could see could possibly suffer. Even then, most streaming services don't constantly stream. The data comes in in spurts so it doesn't keep a constant connection. 

Well I guess the older post was right, these were signs of an update, now I connect to LTE more often and the fall back has changed back to eHRPD again, which is great. Now I just wish we could get some of that b41 love

Well I guess the older post was right, these were signs of an update, now I connect to LTE more often and the fall back has changed back to eHRPD again, which is great. Now I just wish we could get some of that b41 love

Did B26 get activated in your area? If it did, that will definitely improve your data experience for tri-band phones. 

In the shentel area, b26 has been on for a long time as I'm sure you know, it just got up to Lancaster it looks like, which is overall good news since it's corporate. It just sucks though, I've only been able to mess around with b41 when I went to Baltimore

In the shentel area, b26 has been on for a long time as I'm sure you know, it just got up to Lancaster it looks like, which is overall good news since it's corporate. It just sucks though, I've only been able to mess around with b41 when I went to Baltimore

B41 will come, at least to the city areas. When is hard to say, but we know it's in the works.