Network Vision/LTE - Shentel Market (Shenandoah Valley/Hagerstown/Harrisburg)

Boosted20V

I've been seeing the work truck st the Shentel tower behind UPS in Harrisburg. They're up to something. That tower is 1x800, 3G, 4G LTE accepted so I assume the next evolutionary step is underway.

• Like 1

I've been seeing the work truck st the Shentel tower behind UPS in Harrisburg. They're up to something. That tower is 1x800, 3G, 4G LTE accepted so I assume the next evolutionary step is underway.

The ups freight on Carlisle pkwy and Brondle behind HH Gregg? I drive a truck and used to run Chicago to that ups twice a week.

Fallow PCS spectrum. I don't think the PCS bock has been identified yet, but if someone can grab a screenshot of the upload/download channels it shouldn't be to hard to figure out.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Go back a couple pages and I already had that for you.

Found the second carrier attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1394028070674.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/94wwed4zv7twt1u/nwYxhOJ5_j?lst  Screen shots mostly from SignalCheckPro. There is one LTE Engineering shot from the site in Martinsburg and a speed test from SH00VA731 that was done right after taking 2014-03-07 20.24.39.png.

SCP kept freezing and having to force close it so a good bit was missed, not sure if it was my phone or the app.

All this was done on company time so I couldn't focus on it too much. I'll go out today and get some better info.

• Like 1

I've also been disappointed with Shentel and apparent lack of continued progress. Bought a Nexus 5, excited about Spark future. But it's got major issues here in York. (North side) Instead I've had nothing but issues... appears like major csfb problems, locks up on lte but then can't make or receive calls. Have to force it to 3G in order to use the phone. Pretty sad to downgrade in order to use the device. (Took it to Sprint shop in Lancaster to complain, worked perfectly on the other side of the river, hopped effortlessly between lte and voice carriers)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The ups freight on Carlisle pkwy and Brondle behind HH Gregg? I drive a truck and used to run Chicago to that ups twice a week.

The Harrisburg UPS hub is located in an industrial park on 19th & Gibson streets in Steelton/Swatara Township PA. 

The Harrisburg UPS hub is located in an industrial park on 19th & Gibson streets in Steelton/Swatara Township PA.

Gotcha. I've only been to the ups freight, the NS rail yard, and the pilot truck stop up the river in Duncannon. Haven't been there recently, but judging by the maps, it seems service must be really good in the Harrisburg area.

• Like 1

Gotcha. I've only been to the ups freight, the NS rail yard, and the pilot truck stop up the river in Duncannon. Haven't been there recently, but judging by the maps, it seems service must be really good in the Harrisburg area.

Service is really good in the Harrisburg area with the Shentel towers.  When they finally do light up LTE 800, it's going to put Verizon to shame.  The Sprint towers aree densely positioned.  We'll have in-building penetration out the...

I knew they were doing something, my hunches paid off, towers near mt rose exit on i-83 in York, I saw the techs on them, couldn't take a picture as was driving, but I did grab a snapshot of my GCI code, ended with 03, but anyway, I hope this is a good sign of great things to come!!!

That's pretty cool. I remember a few years ago when friends of mine were at the Blossom and couldn't even get a text msg to go through for hours. I guess Sprint/Shentel has come a long way since then.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

The first two years they had two of them. This year they only had one. Apparently 1xA is doing its job. No problem with making calls or texts in the spot where they didn't put a COW this year.

Sent from my HTC ONE M8

• Like 1

I was in Harrisonburg VA yesterday and they had the second carrier live on B25. I wonder how much of Shentel's footprint is left to turn on the second carrier? Once they get B26 live, they will will 3 carriers of 5+5. Not too shabby.

Great news guys! Just got my first sighting of Band 26 LTE in York, PA! Keep an eye on your smartphones as we are that much closer to official B26 from Shentel and I expect them to move fast and furious.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_ESszeycXGbEVPRHpUcXI4Ylk/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_ESszeycXGRUpMRXpNbDV0dU0/edit?usp=sharing

• Like 3

Great news guys! Just got my first sighting of Band 26 LTE in York, PA! Keep an eye on your smartphones as we are that much closer to official B26 from Shentel and I expect them to move fast and furious.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_ESszeycXGbEVPRHpUcXI4Ylk/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_ESszeycXGRUpMRXpNbDV0dU0/edit?usp=sharing

You need to share the photos.  It's denying me access.  :(

Robert

You need to share the photos.  It's denying me access.   :(

Robert

Alright, try it now and let me know if that worked. I was just so excited that I botched the photo uploading job  :blush:

• Like 2

That worked. I see one sector ends in 19. Any chance you got the other 2 sectors?

I'd have to drive around a bit and check. But here at my home I'm only connecting to 0FE0CB19. Ahh what the heck, it's a beautiful day outside. I can go for a little drive =)

• Like 3

I'd have to drive around a bit and check. But here at my home I'm only connecting to 0FE0CB19. Ahh what the heck, it's a beautiful day outside. I can go for a little drive =)

Crossing our fingers that you get 19 / 1A / 1B.

• Like 1

I just picked up B26 in the Edinburg, VA area. I also got 19 off one sector. I'll check the other 2 sectors here shortly. Looks like they may have started lighting things up today.

• Like 2

I just picked up B26 in the Edinburg, VA area. I also got 19 off one sector. I'll check the other 2 sectors here shortly. Looks like they may have started lighting things up today.

19, 1A, and 1B.

More specifically, I picked up B26 in the Columbia Furnace area and in the Conicville area, for those who may be local. This would have been on 2 different towers. I'll post back if I find it anywhere else.