Galaxy S22 thread

PythonFanPA

Anyone else having trouble with messages? I had to turn chat features off to get anything to send to another android phone. I keep getting duplicate messages also with chat features on. Works fine on just SMS/MMS. Feels like issue started right after the last Android update.

41 minutes ago, PythonFanPA said:

Same here on unlocked S22+, been checking daily and didn't appear until today.

Same here on T-Mobile s-22.  Who knows why the n25 band SA mode is still not there.  I would love to know if Samsung or T-Mobile is the culprit when it comes to not allowing n25 SA.   Sometime I might buy a new phone and I would like to know if I should be buying something other than Samsung.   I am questioning if n25 SA and n41 SA are having issues with VONR. That might be  a good reason to delay implementation. 

My s22 will not connect to n41 SA unless n71 is also involved. Looks like n71 is needed for the VONR part.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 1:04 PM, chamb said:

Same here on T-Mobile s-22.  Who knows why the n25 band SA mode is still not there.  I would love to know if Samsung or T-Mobile is the culprit when it comes to not allowing n25 SA.   Sometime I might buy a new phone and I would like to know if I should be buying something other than Samsung.   I am questioning if n25 SA and n41 SA are having issues with VONR. That might be  a good reason to delay implementation. 

My s22 will not connect to n41 SA unless n71 is also involved. Looks like n71 is needed for the VONR part.

I was seeing n41+n41 SA earlier, so it's definitely a thing, though lately my phone's been on NSA, 2/66+n41+n41.

On 12/22/2022 at 2:04 PM, chamb said:

13 minutes ago, iansltx said:

I was seeing n41+n41 SA earlier, so it's definitely a thing, though lately my phone's been on NSA, 2/66+n41+n41.

I see n41 + n41 regularly, probably 90% of the time. Its pretty rare to see n41 + n71 around here. Haven't seen 3x CA yet either, so might start seeing all 3 together once that rolls out. Also, turns out I missed a step on the "hack" to enable SA bands. I do have all SA bands enabled on my phone now but still not seeing any n25 here. Side note, that procedure also worked on my AT&T phone and I even have access to the band selection menu now. Once I switched the CSC from ATT to GCF all options appeared. I'd assume it'd work for Verizon or any other carrier also. 

3 hours ago, JonnygATL said:

Ok so can we get a quick list of still viable dialer codes?  Some work, some have seemingly been disabled.  Just the top 5 most useful. S22 ultra.   

I'm assuming the ones from the S21 Ultra work with the 22...

I only use two regularly,
*#0011# for the debug screen.
*#2263# for the band selection screen.

4 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I'm assuming the ones from the S21 Ultra work with the 22...

I only use two regularly,
*#0011# for the debug screen.
*#2263# for the band selection screen.

Thanks. I couldn't recall that other one.  I took a screenshot for future reference. Happy New Year!!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PythonFanPA said:

What's the version number?  I tried manually requesting update but it says up to date on my end.  33.6.13-21

Weird, I just went to check the version number and there was a SECOND update available but still November 1, 2022 date. 

That's the Google Play Store, not the same as the Google Play System (despite the similar name). To update Google Play System, go to Settings--> About Phone -->Software information-->Google Play System update

It should check for the update and restart if necessary.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jreuschl said:

Jan update for locked out and.. still no N25 SA. What the heck.

Yep, Just downloaded on my TM S22 too. I already had added the modification to allow n25 and other bands.  That is still intact. The n25 in my area is very incomplete yet.  Until it is complete, you probably are not missing much.

Yes, I did the mod to see what was here.  n25 may be great somewhere, but not here and probably not a bunch of other places either.  But bring it on. Once it is competed, things should greatly improve.

One thing I see here and do not fully understand. My phone will idle on n25 and n41 will be the SCC.  But as soon as any real data flows, this flips and n41 becomes the PCC and n25 becomes the SCC.  I am not sure why and is this intended to work this way?    I do not see 25 +41 +41.  Only 25 + 41.  This may be because of the mod allowed the n25 but maybe not 3 channel aggregation. This may vary in another location. We do have a second n41 on the site but it does not aggregate.  At least I could not make it happen.

I am traveling after posting this. No fast replies from me for a few days.  Running SCP and Cell Mapper on a trip.

• Like 1

I really don't care but this phone is the best I've ever owned. Love smart view, Dex and all of that and being able to control all my friends' TVs even while not at all on their wifi network. Well, so long as they're Samsung, LG or TCL. I'm evil at heart - what can I say?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2023 at 8:12 PM, JonnygATL said:

I really don't care but this phone is the best I've ever owned. Love smart view, Dex and all of that and being able to control all my friends' TVs even while not at all on their wifi network. Well, so long as they're Samsung, LG or TCL. I'm evil at heart - what can I say?

yea but it wont sync to a cable, like my note 20 did... I have a 10" in my work truck, and bought the usb-c adapter to plug it in.. worked on the note 20... wont on my 22 ultra... its buggy