Galaxy S22 thread

PythonFanPA

8 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Thanks, I'll try to clean it later. I've tried different charger and different cables and still have the issue. I can tell a difference plugging in the same cable on my AT&T S22 Ultra vs my T-Mobile S22 Ultra. AT&T feels much looser. 

Loose connections for me have often meant lint.  While you would think compressed air or a paper clip would work, my best results have come from using the sharp end of a safety pin. Rarely have I needed to replace the charging port.

23 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Update is out for T-Mobile Locked.

I guess the last few months' trend of unlocked getting them first is over....I've been checking almost daily the last 7-10 days and nothing yet here.

2 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

I guess the last few months' trend of unlocked getting them first is over....I've been checking almost daily the last 7-10 days and nothing yet here.

I guess there was nothing special T-Mo needed to shoehorn in on this one. 

S22+  Unlocked update was finally released today:

Galaxy S22+ (SM-S906U1)

Build Number : S906U1UEU2CWE8
Android version : T(Android 13)
Release Date : 2023-06-26
Security patch level : 2023-06-01
• Software and Terms & Conditions Update
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This update includes revised Terms & Conditions for your device, including the Dispute Resolution Agreement with arbitration terms. For more information, review https://www.samsung.com/us/support/legal/mobile/.
By clicking “Install now,” by scheduling your install, or by continuing to use your device after installation, you agree to these revised Terms & Conditions.
• Stability and reliability
Device behavior has been improved.
• Security
The device is protected with improved security.
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2023 at 6:16 PM, PythonFanPA said:

S22+  Unlocked update was finally released today:

Galaxy S22+ (SM-S906U1)

Build Number : S906U1UEU2CWE8
Android version : T(Android 13)
Release Date : 2023-06-26
Security patch level : 2023-06-01
• Software and Terms & Conditions Update
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This update includes revised Terms & Conditions for your device, including the Dispute Resolution Agreement with arbitration terms. For more information, review https://www.samsung.com/us/support/legal/mobile/.
By clicking “Install now,” by scheduling your install, or by continuing to use your device after installation, you agree to these revised Terms & Conditions.
• Stability and reliability
Device behavior has been improved.
• Security
The device is protected with improved security.

This update broke proper reporting of non-standalone 5g in SCP.

6 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

How so? On my locked TMO S22U, SCP still shows the limited amount of info that it always has for NSA.

This phone has factory unlocked firmware with T-Mobile and Verizon network, S22U1.

7 hours ago, jreuschl said:

July update out for locked. From S22 Reddits I think the unlocked is out in the last few days too.

Don't forget to install the Play Store updates after installing the July Security update. Seems like, at least on my phone, this recent update freed up a couple of additional Play Store updates as well. The first one was 10MB and the second was 39MB, with the second one bringing my Play Store revision up to June 2023. 

• Like 2

On 7/6/2023 at 7:27 AM, jreuschl said:

July update out for locked. From S22 Reddits I think the unlocked is out in the last few days too.

Was able to download/install on unlocked last night as well 👍

• Like 2

On 7/6/2023 at 12:39 PM, PedroDaGr8 said:

Don't forget to install the Play Store updates after installing the July Security update. Seems like, at least on my phone, this recent update freed up a couple of additional Play Store updates as well. The first one was 10MB and the second was 39MB, with the second one bringing my Play Store revision up to June 2023. 

I wonder if thats what broke my smart irrigation controls.

Disconnected me and wouldnt load up the app... had to do a few updates/off/on cycles, and then it finally worked

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

OK, one thing this update added was a VoNR toggle under Settings--> Connections-->Mobile Networks.

Looks like TMO is making it official. 

not on the S23 Ultra for some reason.  i do see that i am unable to enable 2G mode anymore, not sure if this is a recent change or not.

• 3 weeks later...

Oddly the unlocked version is strange for GPlay System updates.  Finally picked up one tonight, restarted.....and it's still reflecting July 1.

Which, I've seen that behavior before, but after the locked version mention of an August update, I expected to finally see it here as well.