Galaxy S22 thread

PythonFanPA

3 hours ago, jreuschl said:

New beta update out. Nothing new in band selection. 

For Clarification, you are saying you do not have the ability to activate n25 in the *#2263# menu???

I am really wanting to see n25 active with n41.

They also didn't fix the bug that RCS sits Connecting without turning SIM connection off and on. Others reported this and I submitted a bug report in Beta 1. Sigh. 

One good thing is apparently the 5G UC indication is now on unlocked firmware. 

1 hour ago, jreuschl said:

I found an interesting line.  Under Software Information, there's a carrier configuration version and it errors out updating.  Mine is 2.380001.  I wonder how often that updates.

My s22 is at 2.370001.  When I try to manually update it,  It just sits there for a minute apparently doing nothing.  Then I get the following message:  We can not do it right now. Please try again after 24 hours.

It is a little risky to even think about forcing an update that has not downloaded on its own.  You could be the first person to see a screw-up in the new software configuration.

1 hour ago, chamb said:

My s22 is at 2.370001.  When I try to manually update it,  It just sits there for a minute apparently doing nothing.  Then I get the following message:  We can not do it right now. Please try again after 24 hours.

It is a little risky to even think about forcing an update that has not downloaded on its own.  You could be the first person to see a screw-up in the new software configuration.

iOS users see frequent carrier updates, so I was curious if this is something that happens on Samsung devices, too.

1 hour ago, PythonFanPA said:

Just checked and October security update is available on my unlocked S22+ for awareness of other S22 users to check for - all three software versions show ending in '2AVI5' with file size of 358.86.

If you go to the *2263# menu, can you see any N25 that can be activated that might aggregate with N41 ?

This is not available for me to download yet on the TM locked S22 version.

2 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

May be because I'm on an unlocked version, but it won't let me go in using that code unfortunately.

I see a typo in my previous message.  Try *#2263#.  Check in the NR5G band preference menu.

19 hours ago, chamb said:

I see a typo in my previous message.  Try *#2263#.  Check in the NR5G band preference menu.

I don't see any NR B25 (assuming that's the correct reference I'm looking for) reference in the list.  It goes from NR B20 to NR B28 in order.

3 hours ago, PythonFanPA said:

I don't see any NR B25 (assuming that's the correct reference I'm looking for) reference in the list.  It goes from NR B20 to NR B28 in order.

That is not what I wanted you to discover, but I think you were looking at the right place.  We need to have n25 working with n41.  We need n25 for its upload capability.  Just maybe T-Mobile can activate that without a update from Samsung. I am not sure about that.  You would think that the S22 flagship type phone would be able to do it.

I do not know what is making this hard to do. Of course, Sprint was not really successful aggregating b25 with b41 either. Sprint mentioned it and they were trying. Supposedly it can be done, but I have not seen it yet.

24 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

In this Samsung market we had B25+B41+B41 for a couple of years until T-Mobile shut it down. LG G8, S20 FE and S21 Ultra.

They never got it to work here. We had Lucent equipment in the Shentel area.  We could get 3 band 41 channels aggregated but the upload was a disaster especially if you were in a weak area.

2 hours ago, chamb said:

They never got it to work here. We had Lucent equipment in the Shentel area.  We could get 3 band 41 channels aggregated but the upload was a disaster especially if you were in a weak area.

The B25+41 here wasn't all that great either as B25 was only ever 5x5. T-Mobile just widened the Sprint secondary B25 channel to 10x10 in the last month or two (where it's still on air).

11 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

The B25+41 here wasn't all that great either as B25 was only ever 5x5. T-Mobile just widened the Sprint secondary B25 channel to 10x10 in the last month or two (where it's still on air).

Shentel had plenty of b25.  A 15X15 and a 10X10. Now with the Shentel CDMA & 3g gone, that 10X10 could be 15X15. So with the 10X10 that T-Mobile already had, we now have loads of spectrum for B25 or N25. We just need to get it aggregated with the N41. 

I do wonder if the mess with cell sites on the East coast because of Ian might slow the upgrade progress due to pulling workers from upgrading to place them in Florida on a repair crew.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 6:39 AM, chamb said:

Shentel had plenty of b25.  A 15X15 and a 10X10. Now with the Shentel CDMA & 3g gone, that 10X10 could be 15X15. So with the 10X10 that T-Mobile already had, we now have loads of spectrum for B25 or N25. We just need to get it aggregated with the N41. 

I do wonder if the mess with cell sites on the East coast because of Ian might slow the upgrade progress due to pulling workers from upgrading to place them in Florida on a repair crew.

I can confirm TMo has n25-SA+n41-SA+n41-SA aggregation working. As an aside, I found a working method to activate all bands over on XDA.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

I can confirm TMo has n25-SA+n41-SA+n41-SA aggregation working. As an aside, I found a working method to activate all bands over on XDA.

link for XDA working methods please.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dkyeager said:

link for XDA working methods please.

Sorry, I was using my wife's tablet because I could sit with her while doing it. Here the link to the main instructions

This method not only unlocks n25 but all NR bands (including n258). Note that there are a few wrinkles for TMB: The biggest one is in if you are using an eSIM then you need to do Section C Step 6 before you do the other steps in Section C. The other is you need to follow the set of instructions to switch CSC from TMB to GCF in this post (ignore anything in that post about flashing firmware). It doesn't factory reset but is required to enable a few of the SA bands like n25-SA

As an aside, this method also gives users on other providers like AT&T access to the band selection menu. 

EDIT: OK, super weird, doing this unlock process also means my phone can see Chinese GNSS satellites now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trip said:

Off-topic, but I just tried it on my S21FE (with updates after May disabled) and n25 is not available in the Selection tool, but is available via the dialer code.

- Trip

Interesting. n41-SA was like that at one point on my phone (right before Samsung killed Band Selector App)