Galaxy S22 thread

PythonFanPA

22 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Which code? *#73#?

Download SamFW FRP tool 3.1 or latest version from here.
Open SamFW FRP tool and connect your phone to the computer with a USB.
Using SamFW FRP tool, go to MTP tab and click on "Enable Secret Code for Verizon". See the picture below. Note it works on any US CSC even though it says "for Verizon".

That part.

The codes do not work for me, I assume without going through these extra steps.

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, jreuschl said:

Download SamFW FRP tool 3.1 or latest version from here.
Open SamFW FRP tool and connect your phone to the computer with a USB.
Using SamFW FRP tool, go to MTP tab and click on "Enable Secret Code for Verizon". See the picture below. Note it works on any US CSC even though it says "for Verizon".

That part.

The codes do not work for me, I assume without going through these extra steps.

This is correct, the purpose of the Enable Secret Code portion is so that you can use the *#73# code. This code is the one that allows you to move back into the desired Service Menu. 

1 hour ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

This is correct, the purpose of the Enable Secret Code portion is so that you can use the *#73# code. This code is the one that allows you to move back into the desired Service Menu. 

Got it, now I see all of the options that were shown here.

https://twitter.com/milanmilanovic/status/1564659165183844353/photo/1

Now we'll see if this translates into anything in the real world!

I finally found a 1+gbps site in rural Indiana a few days ago (I have not seen any in the Milwaukee area yet)

• Like 1

I can't get past the waiting for DIAG step. I've got the Samsung drivers installed and i did the setting in the *#0808# menu. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

2 hours ago, mdob07 said:

I can't get past the waiting for DIAG step. I've got the Samsung drivers installed and i did the setting in the *#0808# menu. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Do you have USB Debugging enabled?

- Trip

1 hour ago, Trip said:

Do you have USB Debugging enabled?

- Trip

Yeah, ended up switching to my laptop and doing the exact same steps including installing the Samsung drivers and it worked on the first try. 

• Like 2

1) Does s22 have SCP n7 problem instead of n41? Curious if so, does android 13 fix it?

2) Curious if band selector app or other method allows band selection. Does latest samfw method still work with 13?

6 hours ago, dkyeager said:

1) Does s22 have SCP n7 problem instead of n41? Curious if so, does android 13 fix it?

2) Curious if band selector app or other method allows band selection. Does latest samfw method still work with 13?

1) Mike's recent changes have fixed that issue for me. That being said, the real cause is the underlying code that assigns bands in Android. Rather than polling the baseband to determine the band, it looks at the ARFCN and compares it to a list of ARFCNs and band assignments. This was a reasonable process in the LTE days because ARFCNs were unique between bands. So a B41 ARFNC was totally different from a B7 ARFCN which was totally different from a Band 40 ARFCN. NR does away with this practice and makes the ARFCNs frequency specific rather than band and frequency specific. As a result, the function now returns the first result it encounters (basically the lowest band). At this time, Google has not fixed this issue in Andorid though CellMapper has opened a ticket.

2) Supposedly Beta 5 ended up being the Stable and SamFW still works on that. Until I receive an update that I am for sure is a stable release, I won't know for certain. As for the Band Selector app, it is unfortunately permanently dead. The only way to select bands from here on out is via the ServiceMenu (*#73# or *#2263#). 

• Like 1

Factory unlocked users take note: https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/yi5klm/removed_band_confusion/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

I wonder how this affects roaming. Normally factory unlocked phones should have more band choices, especially overseas.

4 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Factory unlocked users take note: https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/yi5klm/removed_band_confusion/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

I wonder how this affects roaming. Normally factory unlocked phones should have more band choices, especially overseas.

He edited/added this at the end:

"Edit. I'm bumb (dumb) and didn't realize that the firmware could change based on the sim card installed."

• Like 1

Apparently the s-22 STILL has access to band lock enabled via the #*2263# service menu after installing Android 13????

I want to be sure I can still lock out certain bands at times.  What I hear appears to suggest this is still working but I want to be positive before allowing the update.

8 minutes ago, chamb said:

Apparently the s-22 STILL has access to band lock enabled via the #*2263# service menu after installing Android 13????

I want to be sure I can still lock out certain bands at times.  What I hear appears to suggest this is still working but I want to be positive before allowing the update.

Still works on my end but I might not the best example.

9 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Still works on my end but I might not the best example.

OK. Thanks for the answer.  Apparently you have the Ultra that COULD be different. I still might hesitate until somebody with a s22 replies.   I sure do not want to lose the ability to band select.

4 hours ago, chamb said:

OK. Thanks for the answer.  Apparently you have the Ultra that COULD be different. I still might hesitate until somebody with a s22 replies.   I sure do not want to lose the ability to band select.

It still works on my S22 after upgrade to the final official release. 

(It also worked during the betas although the settings got reset  a couple of times - that might have been my error).

Edited by comintel
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, comintel said:

It still works on my S22 after upgrade to the final official release. 

(It also worked during the betas although the settings got reset  a couple of times - that might have been my error).

OK, Thanks for the confirmation.  I live between a couple of sites all of which are on the fringe and N-71 tries to aggregate with band 2 or 4.  When it does manage to aggregate, the data will not flow.  Band 2 or 4 will work fine alone, but not with N-71.  N-71 will have  a SINR of zero or maybe 1.  That results in data freezing and refusing to work.

So, I have to disable band n71.

12 minutes ago, chamb said:

OK, Thanks for the confirmation.  I live between a couple of sites all of which are on the fringe and N-71 tries to aggregate with band 2 or 4.  When it does manage to aggregate, the data will not flow.  Band 2 or 4 will work fine alone, but not with N-71.  N-71 will have  a SINR of zero or maybe 1.  That results in data freezing and refusing to work.

So, I have to disable band n71.

Oh absolutely - the only way I get a usable signal here in North West Raleigh is by locking to LTE band 41.  Otherwise it continually cycles at low speeds between 2, 4, 71 and no signal.  Left to its own ways, It also like to try 5G occasionally before dropping it when it gets zero throughput.

It's funny but the old Sprint LTE band 41 tower is completely reliable and good speeds even at -130 dBm where as the T-Mobile bands are all flaky even at -107 dBm - maybe it is overlapping signals from multiple towers causing the problems?

Edited by comintel

or not... SMH, this is stupid......

I am not anti-racial.. but.. I want some who speaks my native language.

Their system was having multiple issues with multiple things, and she kept telling me to do the same thing over and over, that we had already tried 6 times before.....

2 hours ago, floorguy said:

or not... SMH, this is stupid......

I am not anti-racial.. but.. I want some who speaks my native language.

Their system was having multiple issues with multiple things, and she kept telling me to do the same thing over and over, that we had already tried 6 times before.....

Time to ask to for the next level or say you have a meeting you have to go to and you will be back another day.