Galaxy S22 thread

PythonFanPA

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

TMo and randomly timed updates. No surprise. 

IF there is a good side to this update issue, MAYBE TM does actually really heavily test the updates to prove that we do not download something that would negatively mess with our service. TM could have some feeature that might get killed or wrongly modified and this might not give the other providers an issue.  

For instance -- We at TM can aggregate n25, n71, n41 in almost any combination. Would we not scream if an update somehow broke or severly limited that agregation?  I think we all would be screaming.  While the other providers may not have an issue with those 3 bands aggregating.

I would sooner wait for a trouble free update than have a quickie update that messes up my service.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, chamb said:

IF there is a good side to this update issue, MAYBE TM does actually really heavily test the updates to prove that we do not download something that would negatively mess with our service. TM could have some feeature that might get killed or wrongly modified and this might not give the other providers an issue.  

For instance -- We at TM can aggregate n25, n71, n41 in almost any combination. Would we not scream if an update somehow broke or severly limited that agregation?  I think we all would be screaming.  While the other providers may not have an issue with those 3 bands aggregating.

I would sooner wait for a trouble free update than have a quickie update that messes up my service.

A lot of software releases today are what would have been beta in years gone by, and beta is often what would have been called alpha.

• Thanks 1

It seems like there has been a few times now where the unlocked firmware gets a security only update and features/fixes later, and the locked version update get rolled into a bigger update later. I wish security would be the priority and not delayed. Security only shouldn't need scrutiny from the carriers.

The unlocked version has received the December update weeks ago per other users.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jreuschl said:

Security only shouldn't need scrutiny from the carriers.

Disagree. Carriers have unique network and bloatware features. More importantly patches are not perfect. 90% fix rate is considered very good.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, floorguy said:

Yup, got 1, then the other popped up right after.. 
It was kind of weird

Has anyone gotten a recent Play System Update? Mine has been stuck on October. Wonder if Samsung screwed something up again. 

32 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Has anyone gotten a recent Play System Update? Mine has been stuck on October. Wonder if Samsung screwed something up again. 

Just looked, still Oct

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mooeydj said:

I just tried a update and got November.Screenshot_20240110_200958_Google Play Store.jpg

Thanks for the heads up. Mine also had a two 2.1MB updates in queue after that one that didn't change the month version. 

• Like 1

Anyone having issues with their phones NOT sending SMS texts.  It'll send MMS. but for whatever reason It keeps dropping the ability to send.  I read somewhere about losing SMSC number.

I can receive
Send MMS

I use Textra

It fixes when I restart the phone.

Trying to decide a phone issue, Service, App

On 1/14/2024 at 12:19 PM, floorguy said:

Anyone having issues with their phones NOT sending SMS texts.  It'll send MMS. but for whatever reason It keeps dropping the ability to send.  I read somewhere about losing SMSC number.

I can receive
Send MMS

I use Textra

It fixes when I restart the phone.

Trying to decide a phone issue, Service, App

I haven't had any issues recently. That being said, I have only sit 4-5 texts in the past two weeks. 

No issues here either, but wife and I use Handcent 3rd party app.  Never tried Textra myself, just stuck with HC for so long its hard to change/go looking elsewhere.  

1 hour ago, PythonFanPA said:

No issues here either, but wife and I use Handcent 3rd party app.  Never tried Textra myself, just stuck with HC for so long its hard to change/go looking elsewhere.  

I get that, I used HC way back when... then tried Textra. I liked the stripped down, yet functional app.. HC got a little too many options lol.

But now I don't want to switch either. Tried Google messaging.. ICK

• Sad 1

So the phone has been not receiving calls lately either.

Just yesterday I got a call around 2pm... Around 6 nothing. when I noticed I tried making a call with my other phone, nothing... Then tried using mine to make a call out. That worked.. Then magically it allowed calls back in.

Between this happening and the text thing happening, randomly... I guess its a good thing I am getting a new daily runner. Can't decide if its carrier, or phone.

16 minutes ago, floorguy said:

So the phone has been not receiving calls lately either.

Just yesterday I got a call around 2pm... Around 6 nothing. when I noticed I tried making a call with my other phone, nothing... Then tried using mine to make a call out. That worked.. Then magically it allowed calls back in.

Between this happening and the text thing happening, randomly... I guess its a good thing I am getting a new daily runner. Can't decide if its carrier, or phone.

Any chance you have VoNR turned on? maybe there is something up with your towers.

34 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Any chance you have VoNR turned on? maybe there is something up with your towers.

it is turned on...The 2pm was out and about, later on I was home and would have been on wifi calling

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Those of you who have the S22 unlocked out of box, what does your CSC show under service provider software version? I flashed mine from TM "locked" to U1 and still shows TMB/TMB,TMB/XAU. Maybe it shows that anytime you have a TM SIM in?

There was a workaround on some devices to get XAA to show by flashing the Canadian unlocked, then US, and I did that, but it still lists TMB as CSC.

I know it really isn't an issue unless I sell the device as truly carrier agnostic unlocked.

I wouldn't have even bothered if I wasnt having more issues with non-Jibe RCS.