Galaxy S20 Series Discussion

mdob07

6 minutes ago, floorguy said:

not bad at all, lol... now what about the features/speed of the phone

Features it's not much different than my 10+, bigger screen and battery plus the camera but I haven't really dug into it yet as I had a side job tonight and now just getting home. The speed with 120Hz on is night and day I don't think I could go back to anything else it's really amazing. Waiting on my case to come tomorrow so I am kinda treating it like a baby as it's a bit bigger and I'm not comfortable with it yet. Absolutely love it though.

meh, seems i can wait then...

I use to be, get that new phone first day guy... but the bumps in tech arent like they use to be..

PLUS, on the processor and fingerprint sensor.. I heard the next gen, probably in the note series... is AMAZING...

I use to be, get that new phone first day guy... but the bumps in tech arent like they use to be..

PLUS, on the processor and fingerprint sensor.. I heard the next gen, probably in the note series... is AMAZING...

I’m thinking about waiting too since the ultra 512gb is out of stock. And I was debating between the unlocked version or the Verizon version. How long may it be out of stock? If I don’t get this I’m definitely getting the Note 20* and one or two iPhone 12s lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is out for delivery now but requires a signature. I have a family member at home who can sign but if they step out and miss the delivery I'll have to go to FedEx myself and pick it up which is pretty annoying. 

1 minute ago, Paynefanbro said:

Mine is out for delivery now but requires a signature. I have a family member at home who can sign but if they step out and miss the delivery I'll have to go to FedEx myself and pick it up which is pretty annoying. 

You can't file the signature online?? I just did this with my FEDEX delivery coming from Dell. There was an option in the FEDEX app.

My phones are coming UPS today, and hopefully my neighbor can intercept to sign 🤞 

43 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Mine is out for delivery as well, my wife is at home so I'm good.

53 minutes ago, mmark27 said:

You can't file the signature online?? I just did this with my FEDEX delivery coming from Dell. There was an option in the FEDEX app.

My phones are coming UPS today, and hopefully my neighbor can intercept to sign 🤞 

I've done that before but for some reason it's not providing me that as an option for this package. I opted for them to hold it at a FedEx On-Site location super close to my home so I'll just get it after work.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, floorguy said:

My concern for the Ultra (and partially why I went S20+) was exactly what MKBHD said in his video. The camera issues like extremely small focal plane might not be easily addressed by software fixes and that physics might win that battle for the worse. I hope that's wrong, but I didn't want to bet on software fixes if it wasn't better out of the box. Not all the reviews of the updated software say all the issues are fixed, just an improvement in the auto-focus issues. The Ultra is using different sensors than the S20+. I sure hope that Samsung can work out all the kinks, obviously. 

• Like 1

My concern for the Ultra (and partially why I went S20+) was exactly what MKBHD said in his video. The camera issues like extremely small focal plane might not be easily addressed by software fixes and that physics might win that battle for the worse. I hope that's wrong, but I didn't want to bet on software fixes if it wasn't better out of the box. Not all the reviews of the updated software say all the issues are fixed, just an improvement in the auto-focus issues. The Ultra is using different sensors than the S20+. I sure hope that Samsung can work out all the kinks, obviously. 

93875501e9926bf7f8df993117bc2538.jpg
It’s Time! Unlocked

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

93875501e9926bf7f8df993117bc2538.jpg
It’s Time! Unlocked

Did any of your samsung accessories come in?

7 minutes ago, Paynefanbro said:

Well would you look at that, they delivered it to my house anyway. I'm really excited. Does anyone know if it takes the same SIM as the S10+ or do I need a different SIM?

If you want 5G you need the sim that comes with the phone and if it doesn't you need to get one from Sprint.

11 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Something I noticed. The new Tmobile plans on using B25 LTE with N41!

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk

My guess is that it'll mostly be used in areas that currently don't have Band 41 but do have Band 25. It'll allow them to skip the Band 41 LTE deployment entirely and shove people onto n41. That way down the line when Band 41 gets shut down in favor of n41, they won't have to worry about migrating anyone from LTE to 5G on that band.

Anybody else having trouble moving their SCP database to their S20? I posted in the SCP Beta thread also, i get an error when I try to export a DB from my S20 and I can't see my storage to import my DB I pulled from my S9+. My phone showed up today 🙂

It was a rough day lol, I left my phone in my office all day as I didn't want to risk anything as I didn't have my case yet. It feels really fragile without it and wow what a difference a case makes, I picked up the ESR Air Armor case from Amazon for like $13 and it's great really gives me a lot of confidence now! it also gives a little protection around the camera bump and makes it a lot more usable laying on a flat surface.

4 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

Well would you look at that, they delivered it to my house anyway. I'm really excited. Does anyone know if it takes the same SIM as the S10+ or do I need a different SIM?

Regular old SIM swap worked from my S10+ to my S20 Ultra. I just went to the activation screen on Sprint's website, put in my IMEI and SIM card number and voilà.