Official Tmobile-Sprint merger discussion thread

Downdector.com shows a large issue that is now almost solved.

7 minutes ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Apparently the outage is device specific. Even on the same account, one device will work and another won't.

That's a really weird outage. S21 Ultra, no issue so far. Didn't hear any complaints from my family in KC also on my account. Hopefully whatever it was is about solved!

A couple people on T-Mobile I was with (Samsung Galaxy something and an iPhone 11) lost service last night. I did not (iPhone 14 Pro).

Not a good day for Neville to announce retirement…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clbowens said:

On gsm here in Cleveland area, voice only

Actually, I think my issue might have to do with my s23 pre-order.  Like maybe they transferred my data to the new phone already.  Or disabled this phone already.

37 minutes ago, clbowens said:

Actually, I think my issue might have to do with my s23 pre-order.  Like maybe they transferred my data to the new phone already.  Or disabled this phone already.

Actually, a phone restart fixed it.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 5:39 PM, NE5G said:

Looking at new phone number blocks coming to carriers, T-Mobile will receive 308-206 for Kearney, Nebraska. I believe they also inherited some numbers from Sprint in that area. They did decomission the multitude of numbers Sprint had reserved in Minden, NE. That was a weird one.

I am only aware of 2 sites (really 1) in Kearney and 2 in Grand Island. Based on size, Kearney could benefit from another 2-3, as well as GI.

Jeez, you beat me. I thought I was the only geek who caught the new prefix assignment. 🤓

I always wondered why they had all those Minden numbers.  Do you have any theories?

Side note, the coverage map has also been updated for the new Chadron tower.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2023 at 9:29 AM, jreuschl said:

https://www.xda-developers.com/qualcomm-snapdragon-x75-modem-released/

Wondet how T-Mobile will support newer features

My guess is that Apple won't have it in the iPhone 15 this Fall. Probably came too late in the design cycle.

iPhone 14 Pro has the Qualcomm X65. I'll bet the iPhone 15 has the Qualcomm X70, which was announced in February 2022.

See Page 71 of this Settlement Document, which shows Apple's launch of new products with the Snapdragon X60 modem between June 1, 2021 and May 31, 2022 (iPhone 13/iPhone 13 Pro). Apple has also committed to using the X65 (iPhone 14/iPhone 14 Pro) and X70 modems in products launched between June 1, 2022 and May 31, 2024:

Apple intends to commercially launch (i) New Models of Apple Products during the time period between June 1, 2020 and May 31, 2021 (the "2020 Launch"), some of which use the SDX55 Qualcomm Chipset, (ii) New Models of Apple Products during the time period between June 1, 2021 and May 31, 2022 (the "2021 Launch"), some of which use the SDX60 Qualcomm Chipset, and (iii) New Models of Apple Products during the time period between June 1, 2022 and May 31, 2024 (the "2022/23 Launch"), some of which use the SDX65 or SDX70 Qualcomm Chipsets (each a "Launch" and collectively the "Launches").

5 hours ago, kckid said:

I wonder if the toggle will allow you to permanently be in standalone mode or if it's just a switch that lets the network put you in standalone when necessary but still prefers NSA.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jreuschl said:

Finally was auto migrated over today. 

With a plan that does not include Amazon Prime I assume?

(Amazon Prime still blocking migration at least until March 1 pending announcements about its replacement).

3 hours ago, Paynefanbro said:

I wonder if the toggle will allow you to permanently be in standalone mode or if it's just a switch that lets the network put you in standalone when necessary but still prefers NSA.

I tried it today on my 13PM, seems to be permanent SA mode when toggled. On my 32 mile commute, only saw UC barely a third of the time even though when on NSA it’s pretty much 100% of the time. Seemed to prefer n71, even though nearly every upgraded tower has n41. Can’t confirm because field test seems permanently borked. There are three B2/66 only towers along the commute it would not connect to, connecting to the next closest upgraded towers…therefore buffering my music streaming. Turned it off for now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, comintel said:

With a plan that does not include Amazon Prime I assume?

(Amazon Prime still blocking migration at least until March 1 pending announcements about its replacement).

Yes.  On Advantage Unlimited, but not with the addon that includes Prime.

• Like 1

I’m becoming less and less happy about this merger:

https://tmo.report/2023/02/t-mobile-is-planning-to-end-autopay-discount-for-these-customers/

The T-Mobile Subreddit is not having it:

Like I want T-Mobile to have my actual bank account information after the data breaches they’ve had.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1