Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

Was anyone else denied/rejected for their Galaxy Buds registration?  I pre-ordered my Prism Blue S10+ at my local Best Buy store on 2/24 and picked up on 3/8.  I then submitted the registration through the Shop Samsung app around 2PM ET on 3/8 with a picture of my store receipt and Pre-Order Agreement.  I received an update in the app this morning saying "We couldn’t approve your registration because: Your purchase did not occur within the retailer pre-order period."

I can't help but wonder if this is because Best Buy was having all sorts of system issues and ultimately had to cancel my order and re-sell in a new transaction. The thing is, I have the Pickup tag still on my box showing date picked, 3/7, so that should suffice, I would think.

I'm not very happy with Samsung and Best Buy.  After work, I'm heading to Best Buy to talk to the manager so they can make this right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kct1975 said:

Very quick question....and PLEASE Forgive emoji120.png me if this has already been answered...

Please confirm whether or not the Samsung S10+ 512 GB Unlocked model will work on Sprint network. The reason I am asking is that on the Best Buy website and a couple of other websites, if I select the 512 GB version of the Unlocked S10+ then Sprint is Grayed Out.

The reason why I want to get an Unlocked version is that I just got married last August. My wife is on AT&T and I am on Sprint. Her contact ends next February and right now we are unsure of which Carrier we would prefer to go with.

The reason I'd prefer to get the S10+ 512 GB is that I am tired of running out of space on my Note 5 (which has No photos saved to it and only a few files emoji417.png hoping to try to keep it for 3 or 4 years if possible. Although with the way that technology keeps changing, that might not be possible.
If you all feel that I'd be better off going ahead and getting the 128 GB model Unlocked model...then go ahead and say so

I will greatly appreciate everyone's opinions

Thanks for your time and suggestions

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Yes, it will work just fine on Sprint.  In fact, that's the exact model I have - 512GB Ceramic White GS10+.  I went to a Sprint store & bought their 4-in-1 BYOP SIM kit.  There are 4 different SIM cards inside the package.  I used this one:  SIMOLW516TQ

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, bill875 said:

Was anyone else denied/rejected for their Galaxy Buds registration?  I pre-ordered my Prism Blue S10+ at my local Best Buy store on 2/24 and picked up on 3/8.  I then submitted the registration through the Shop Samsung app around 2PM ET on 3/8 with a picture of my store receipt and Pre-Order Agreement.  I received an update in the app this morning saying "We couldn’t approve your registration because: Your purchase did not occur within the retailer pre-order period."

I can't help but wonder if this is because Best Buy was having all sorts of system issues and ultimately had to cancel my order and re-sell in a new transaction. The thing is, I have the Pickup tag still on my box showing date picked, 3/7, so that should suffice, I would think.

I'm not very happy with Samsung and Best Buy.  After work, I'm heading to Best Buy to talk to the manager so they can make this right.

I got mine approved just this morning and my claim was submitted on Saturday, 3/9/2019.  My preorder date was 2/22/2019.  Samsung said to expect the Buds around the middle of April.

1 hour ago, bill875 said:

I did my parents' activations last night and had to submit my email proof of order in the pre-order window. I assume it'll get approved for both of them, but they said it could take 48 hours to approve. 

Yes, it will work just fine on Sprint.  In fact, that's the exact model I have - 512GB Ceramic White GS10+.  I went to a Sprint store & bought their 4-in-1 BYOP SIM kit.  There are 4 different SIM cards inside the package.  I used this one:  SIMOLW516TQ
I wish Sprint was like everyone else. Sim card from phone to phone. I can take the Sim out of my VZW phone put it and my phone and I'm ready to go.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry, forgot to post this question: 

My WiFi calling is not behaving very well like it did on my S9+. It keeps timing out for GPS location if it can't reach any cellular network, really frustrating when I'm working in the basement at work. Anyone know how to keep it from doing this? I have my location on "high accuracy" as it suggests which is already using WiFi networks, etc. My S9+ would rarely display this message, and only if the WiFi network lost internet connectivity. 

Edit: it DOES work if I just enable Airplane mode, then enable WiFi and WiFi calling. Then it works fine. So I don't know what gives....

2 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

I wish Sprint was like everyone else. Sim card from phone to phone. I can take the Sim out of my VZW phone put it and my phone and I'm ready to go.

This is the direction they will are moving towards. Maybe not 100% , regardless if the t mobile deal is approved or not we will end up with something somewhat the same with esims.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mmark27 said:

Sorry, forgot to post this question: 

My WiFi calling is not behaving very well like it did on my S9+. It keeps timing out for GPS location if it can't reach any cellular network, really frustrating when I'm working in the basement at work. Anyone know how to keep it from doing this? I have my location on "high accuracy" as it suggests which is already using WiFi networks, etc. My S9+ would rarely display this message, and only if the WiFi network lost internet connectivity. 

Edit: it DOES work if I just enable Airplane mode, then enable WiFi and WiFi calling. Then it works fine. So I don't know what gives....

i turned off my wifi calling because i missed several calls that went straight to voicemail.  I also got the message that said to turn on high accuracy which was already on.  I figured i would wait for any issues to get worked out before i tried it again.

• Like 1

Is there any reason to NOT turn on all the CA settings in the S10?  Right now, only B41 to B41 and B25 to B25 are enabled.  But I see B25 to B41, etc available.

Screenshot_20190312-161100_IOTHiddenMenu.jpg

Edited by clbowens

Is there any reason to NOT turn on all the CA settings in the S10?  Right now, only B41 to B41 and B25 to B25 are enabled.  But I see B25 to B41, etc available.
Screenshot_20190312-161100_IOTHiddenMenu.thumb.jpg.1fafcbd316d1ed8baeb296ad8e63cfb5.jpg
Yes ##data# then edit MSL code 000000 then LTE then CA then you can enable it. Sprint is the only one that does that crap.

Imagine paying used car tier money for a phone and it is neutered out of the box. 
Shouldn't buy it when it first comes out

• Like 1

Almost a week later and I'm loving this phone, battery has been phenomenal, rf performance is stellar and much improved over the 9+, and yet it still has the same dimensions. VoLTE has been solid too, just wish it worked on the magic box which I don't even need but someone else in the house needs it because of a stupid iPhone that has horrible rf performance but I digress. Way to go Samsung.

• Like 4

Friend of mine is in the Chicago market and is experiencing the data drop outs that have been reported on Reddit. Very slow or unusable data.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

[emoji849]

I finally dumped the screen protector and whaddayaknow, the fingerprint scanner never fails to recognize me and is just fine with how hard I press :) Feels more fluid without that dumb screen protector. 

Heads up for those using WiFi calling. There's an issue, corroborated by a few others, that when the cellular signal is very low or unstable AND you have WiFi calling turned on....it'll give you the "unable to determine your location" notification over and over and over. The dangerous part of this is that your phone will be unable to make or receive any phone calls at all when you swipe away the notification until you come back into a strong network signal area. It looks though, like everything is connected and kosher though, which is the dangerous part, IMO.  I don't know how else to get to any Sprint/Samsung devs besides the Sprint forums, which I've posted there or through the chat support, which I've done as well. 

Turning the phone on to airplane mode with WiFi on and WiFi calling on, works just fine. So there is some issue with WiFi/cellular fall back. And yes, I have turned off the "switch to cellular network when the WiFi is slow or unusable".

I finally dumped the screen protector and whaddayaknow, the fingerprint scanner never fails to recognize me and is just fine with how hard I press [emoji4] Feels more fluid without that dumb screen protector. 
Heads up for those using WiFi calling. There's an issue, corroborated by a few others, that when the cellular signal is very low or unstable AND you have WiFi calling turned on....it'll give you the "unable to determine your location" notification over and over and over. The dangerous part of this is that your phone will be unable to make or receive any phone calls at all when you swipe away the notification until you come back into a strong network signal area. It looks though, like everything is connected and kosher though, which is the dangerous part, IMO.  I don't know how else to get to any Sprint/Samsung devs besides the Sprint forums, which I've posted there or through the chat support, which I've done as well. 
Turning the phone on to airplane mode with WiFi on and WiFi calling on, works just fine. So there is some issue with WiFi/cellular fall back. And yes, I have turned off the "switch to cellular network when the WiFi is slow or unusable".
I actually disagree. Mine came with the screen protector and it works just fine :-) but then again everyone's mileage will vary.

• Like 2

The one on the right is the telephoto lens zoomed all the in the middle one is just the main ones and the one all the way on the left is a wide-angle lens.7dd8584abe2366d8260bb005f17f2606.jpg75633a7e2068f86c5ee912e0966788ae.jpgea818accd5b4127d30486a3d46cd8fce.jpg

12 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

The one on the right is the telephoto lens zoomed all the in the middle one is just the main ones and the one all the way on the left is a wide-angle lens.

Something I've noticed is that the "Telephoto" "Lens" images produced by the S10/S10+ look soft and full of digital artifacts consistent with using 2X Digital Zoom.  I also noticed this with my Note 8 as well.  That makes me think that there isn't really a "Telephoto" lens on the 8, 9 and 10 series.  The whole point of a true telephoto lens would be to produce clear, optically zoomed images without softness or artifacts.  I think they are screwing with us LOL.

Something I've noticed is that the "Telephoto" "Lens" images produced by the S10/S10+ look soft and full of digital artifacts consistent with using 2X Digital Zoom.  I also noticed this with my Note 8 as well.  That makes me think that there isn't really a "Telephoto" lens on the 8, 9 and 10 series.  The whole point of a true telephoto lens would be to produce clear, optically zoomed images without softness or artifacts.  I think they are screwing with us LOL.
Yeah they even to me it does feel slightly artificial all together. But the wide-angle lens is really a champ. And I see very minimal distortion with the wide-angle lens compared to LG.

I picked up the new Wireless Charger Duo Pad that they announced recently. It comes with a huge charging brick and supposedly offers their fastest wireless charging yet, at slightly faster speeds than normal wired charging but still slower than fast charging over a cable. It's really neat and now I don't need a separate charger for my watch and my phone on my nightstand.

Edit: It's a 25W power adapter, likely the same one that's gonna come with the S10 5G.

I picked up the new Wireless Charger Duo Pad that they announced recently. It comes with a huge charging brick and supposedly offers their fastest wireless charging yet, at slightly faster speeds than normal wired charging but still slower than fast charging over a cable. It's really neat and now I don't need a separate charger for my watch and my phone on my nightstand.
Edit: It's a 25W power adapter, likely the same one that's gonna come with the S10 5G.
How much is it