Galaxy S10 family Discussion Thread (was rumors and news)

xdfgf

Ha ha, takes a couple days to settle in. It'll get better 
Okay I'll give it till Wednesday I'm going to give it a week. I sunk in like five hundred something dollars to finance the phone so I want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth. I'm not saying it's a bad phone but it's not but the battery life isn't what it is yet

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Well I don't know what you are doing with your phone but thats definitely not normal. 
I'm not doing much of anything abnormal just a little bit of mobile gaming but most of the time I'm just streaming music from Google play music or YouTube and making phone calls like everybody else

Is there any different in terms of carrier aggregation combos or anything else between the S10+ and S9+ other than the battery?; 
Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

It can do 5 carrier aggregation. X 24 LTE modem is capable of 5 carrier aggregation.

It can do 5 carrier aggregation. X 24 LTE modem is capable of 5 carrier aggregation.

The S9 can do 5x. The S10 supports up to 7x. First device for that

Well I don't know what you are doing with your phone but thats definitely not normal. 
So does the phone really learn my usage patterns and optimize itself?

16 minutes ago, danlodish345 said:

I'm not doing much of anything abnormal just a little bit of mobile gaming but most of the time I'm just streaming music from Google play music or YouTube and making phone calls like everybody else

Well gaming will kill the battery for sure, how much actual time have you spent gaming?

Well gaming will kill the battery for sure, how much actual time have you spent gaming?
if I'm gaming for more than 5 or 10 minutes I hook up to the charger but usually if I'm gaming without the charger I game for only 5 minutes drains battery about 2 or 3% if I'm on a phone call the trains about 5% of more every 10 or 15 minutes.

Well phone usage won't really affect the battery much but gaming will because that generates heat and we all know heat is bad.  In any case if its just a few minutes here or there and nothing substantial then charging your phone 4 times a day is definitely not normal.  Over the weekend, I played pubg mobile for about an hour, shot about 20 minutes of 4k 60fps video, phone calls, maybe 30 minutes worth of youtube and I still had more than enough juice left at the end of day, didn't have to recharge once.

Well phone usage won't really affect the battery much but gaming will because that generates heat and we all know heat is bad.  In any case if its just a few minutes here or there and nothing substantial then charging your phone 4 times a day is definitely not normal.  Over the weekend, I played pubg mobile for about an hour, shot about 20 minutes of 4k 60fps video, phone calls, maybe 30 minutes worth of youtube and I still had more than enough juice left at the end of day, didn't have to recharge once.
I'll give it till Wednesday of next week.. if it hasn't improved I'm going to return the sucker.

It seems the issue some are having is market related.  The "patch" fix on reddit is to disable B41 and 25 and 26 work fine.  That isn't an ideal "patch"  Mine is working fine around Milwaukee but a friend in Chicago had to disable it.  Lots of very slow or no data connection detected problems.

Someone on Sprint's community forums said they spent a weekend in Indianapolis and had no issues and returned to Chicago, and issues started again.  It isn't just in Chicago though the problems.

1 hour ago, themuffinman said:

Battery life has been fantastic for me thus far, no issues at all. Much better than my out going s9+ and much better than my current note 9. I have yet to have the battery die on me during the day no matter how i'm using it. 

Same deal here. The battery on the S10+ is a beast. Killing the battery seems like an impossible feat for me given my usage patterns. I'm mostly streaming music, web browsing, and occasionally watching videos and by the end of the day I am around 65%.

Same deal here. The battery on the S10+ is a beast. Killing the battery seems like an impossible feat for me given my usage patterns. I'm mostly streaming music, web browsing, and occasionally watching videos and by the end of the day I am around 65%.
But I have the regular s 10

2 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

But I have the regular s 10

LOL I assumed you had the s10+, so nevermind then. 

LOL I assumed you had the s10+, so nevermind then. 
It's all good don't worry about it LOL but anyways the phone has not that great a battery life I have a note 9 it was a bit better than this one but not by much

It's all good don't worry about it LOL but anyways the phone has not that great a battery life I have a note 9 it was a bit better than this one but not by much

I've had my S10 for a week now and battery life is the best I've had since my Razr Max. I don't need to put it on the charger until I go to bed. Give yours a few days to get adjusted.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've had my S10 for a week now and battery life is the best I've had since my Razr Max. I don't need to put it on the charger until I go to bed. Give yours a few days to get adjusted.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

So does it really have a smart battery? Because I do want to give this phone a chance I really do. I like it but I've had a lot of bad experiences with Samsung phones amongst a few others in the past and I just want to make sure this phone is right in terms of battery life. I'll take your advice and I'll give it a couple of days so by Wednesday of next week if it's not where it should be I will take the steps needed to get my money back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tengen31 said:

Is there any different in terms of carrier aggregation combos or anything else between the S10+ and S9+ other than the battery?;

Basically the same as the S9. Only this time it's 4x4 MIMO on up to 20 streams vs 16 [credit: lilotimz]

Basically the same as the S9. Only this time it's 4x4 MIMO on up to 20 streams vs 16 [credit: lilotimz]
Got ya. Does the unlocked S10 model give the option to enable 25+26 CA? My S9+ supports that but,I have the unlocked model and no option there

Got ya. Does the unlocked S10 model give the option to enable 25+26 CA? My S9+ supports that but,I have the unlocked model and no option there 

Zoomed in with the telephoto lens and digital zoom full auto mode.e7eb5b4100d876c9abd231b11cf62b31.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, danlodish345 said:

Random question though, did you basically restore a full back up from your previous device or did you set up your s10 from scratch?  Usually restoring a full backup can cause all sorts of random issues that don't play nice with your new device which could cause terrible battery drain.   

Random question though, did you basically restore a full back up from your previous device or did you set up your s10 from scratch?  Usually restoring a full backup can cause all sorts of random issues that don't play nice with your new device which could cause terrible battery drain.   
Started right from scratch