Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

My plan is to put my phone into LTE only mode and see how far out I can pick up the signal from this tower and map it on Sensorly when I head out to DIA this afternoon. I've noticed that someone has apparently gotten a very faint signal near the main terminal which is very impressive, even if it's not usable.

• Like 1

Rob, did you see 1x data as well as voice?

Sent from my Sprint iPad using Tapatalk HD

I did not test it out on that trip. I was too busy playing with LTE. :)

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I did not test it out on that trip. I was too busy playing with LTE. :)

But sometimes a mother has to tell her little boy not to "play with his LTE" in public.

AJ

• Like 2

My sensorly contribution has been added. Picked it up a little further south on Pena than previously reported (right at 56th Ave) and again right at the tool plaza for a brief period. Don't think I ever got more than -100dB on the signal strength, but it's great to see the 4G icon in the Denver area finally.

• Like 1

Just started this quickly. Got a long ways to go, but here are some preliminary permits I've found for Sprint work in the Metro area.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlM-umzwyX-OdHc2czIyRmpDeW1DcDZrN1hPMWxURWc&usp=sharing

I'll work on adding to it as I have time. 

• Like 1

I was in a car on wildcat reserve parkway and I lost signal first time ever so I wonder if there tower being worked on in that area. It has strange wimax coverage where I have walk to get wimax signal

I was in a car on wildcat reserve parkway and I lost signal first time ever so I wonder if there tower being worked on in that area. It has strange wimax coverage where I have walk to get wimax signal

I've lived off Wildcat for 5 years and have dropped calls daily. I drive the length of wilcat on my way to work and there are several very poor spots that have minimal to no data and at times no voice. What you experienced is more than likely standard and not indicitive of tower work. One can hope though!

I looked at so many websites of various municipalities that they all ran together. Now that I look at the Denver site, I remember it as one of the easier ones to look up. The site that came online should be under either the Adams county or Brighton web site.

Here is the permit search page for Douglas County: http://apps.douglas.co.us/apps/planning/initHome.do.  If you type in Sprint as the marketing name, you'll see a bunch of permits.  I'm living in Highlands Ranch this summer so I'll monitor some of these sites.

Does anyone knows the name of contractors working on towers ?

One name that has been found is General Dynamics.

Been following this thread a while and never posted

Through pure luck we just bought a house at 120 & Chambers.

Here a some screenshots from my house.

Speeds have been consistent thus far.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

post-17495-13691094607235_thumb.jpg

post-17495-13691094686095_thumb.jpg

I didn't even realize it had connected.  I had encountered issues with connecting earlier and figured they had taken the tower down. I had set a book on audible to download over 3g and was told it would take about 6-7 hours, it finished in about 15 minutes without my knowing it.  The only reason I realized that it was done was that my phone started playing the book!

My only disappointment is I only get 4G upstairs in my house, but since that is where our bedroom is and where all electronics will be, I am more than happy with it.

Almost makes me want to cancel Comcast and just use phones for WiFi

Are there any resources around that will show us the progress  of ESMR to CDMA 800 conversions?  As someone who has 1 bar of CDMA 1900 at the house, I'm really hoping an 800 cell will improve service at home.  I don't see any way to even see the 800 band on Sensorly.

I didn't even realize it had connected.  I had encountered issues with connecting earlier and figured they had taken the tower down. I had set a book on audible to download over 3g and was told it would take about 6-7 hours, it finished in about 15 minutes without my knowing it.  The only reason I realized that it was done was that my phone started playing the book!

My only disappointment is I only get 4G upstairs in my house, but since that is where our bedroom is and where all electronics will be, I am more than happy with it.

Almost makes me want to cancel Comcast and just use phones for WiFi

Cell service is not an appropriate replacement for a home ISP. Unless you don't use the internet much while at home, it puts an unnecessary strain on the network. You'd also likely blow through your hotspot allowance very quickly on LTE.

• Like 1

Cell service is not an appropriate replacement for a home ISP. Unless you don't use the internet much while at home, it puts an unnecessary strain on the network. You'd also likely blow through your hotspot allowance very quickly on LTE.

agreed, luckily I don't use much data at home.  I'm at work more often than not.

I'm keeping comcast nonetheless, while the LTE speeds are tempting, they don't match the 25-35 down/11-17 up I get.

agreed, luckily I don't use much data at home.  I'm at work more often than not.

I'm keeping comcast nonetheless, while the LTE speeds are tempting, they don't match the 25-35 down/11-17 up I get.

Comcast offers just upgraded me for free to 100 mb/s 

• Like 1

Not to get hopes up again, but it's been another extended period of reversion to EV-DO in the Denver area. Going on 6 hours now. I'll take bets as to where and when the next LTE tower is accepted. :)

I went by the active LTE tower today on the way back from the airport and was getting speeds of ~20Mbps down and ~10Mbps up right near the tower.  My phone stayed connected until tower road (driving along 104th).

That would be nice to see it come on line in LoDo soon. However, I have had the same symptom here in Arvada a few times in the past few months and there are still no towers with NV equipment installed around here. If you know what tower you are connected to, go take a peek at it during lunch and see if you can see anything solid going on. If you have a camera, take a pic or two and submit it to the in progress thread.