Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

I'll be back at my office in Uptown tomorrow.  I'll see if I can check out the nearby sites (19th & Grant, 19th & Lincoln) tomorrow to see if I notice any panel changes.  Data in the area seems a bit psychotic but I just started working there so that may be nothing new.

I checked the tower near me (Yale & I 25 by the VFW) this evening and there aren't any signs of activity there.  Same big old cabinets near the bottom of the monopole.  Data speeds are quite bad here at the moment.  0.1Mbps down.  Upload seems to be fine...usually floating around 0.75-1.0 Mbps.  Latency is sub 100 though.  

This is the referenced tower downtown across from McDonalds on 16th and Cleveland.  It's the only thing in the area that matches the description tritron gave me.

You can see in one of the pictures that a box is open, looks like someone was there recently, but aside from that doesn't really look that special.

https://www.box.com/s/jo7baqw1xceejtpehk7z

I just received a notification on my evo 4g lte phone from sprint today saying that the work on 4g lte is on its way to the springs soon i called sprint and they said that i should start to see lte in my area within a month! I hope that is true??

The notification went to every person who has the Sprint Zone app nationwide. Even I received it.

However, the first site will likely go live in the Springs within the next month. But it will take many months to have widespread LTE service in the area.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

If the Denver area is any indication, it's just a big tease. Get one tower going, get all the Denver area S4GRU forum readers salivating and then nothing for weeks. It's just wrong! :)

Maybe we'll get the entire metro area accepted in one week sometime down the road. Now that would be worth the wait!

cool thread.  Unfortunately his estimate was off by a bit, but seeing the 4G speeds at my house makes me real optimistic about the rest of Denver.

My 3G is bouncing in and out of connectivity again today, that makes a third day that I am having this problem.  Hopefully it's a good sign.

It's not real clear whose LTE he's talking about being "practically everywhere in Denver" by late Spring. I think he might actually be talking about AT&T's. In any event, this was over four months ago and I'm sure schedules have changed since. Since we've got one lit up, I would expect that we'd see a slow growth in the coming weeks, but I'm not necessarily planning on it. It happens when it happens. Already, the 3G in the area has improved substantially in the just the past few months, so that makes the wait just slightly less agonizing. 

He is talking about sprint. He states that he is working on att tower right now. His company was hired to work on sprint towers in Denver. "next on the list is sprint sites in Denver"

Edited by tritron

I don't think having all of Denver done by late spring is realistic at this point. I'm going to take a SWAG that a full LTE launch for Denver is more like fall or winter. I'm basing that on two things. One, Sprint will almost certainly make some kind of announcement that it's coming when it gets close and I don't think they have announced anything for Denver officially yet. And two, the fiber build I mentioned before is going to continue through the summer. I suspect that official LTE support won't come until after that build is done. But of course we are clearly going to see some actual LTE activations before then. The question of course being how many and how fast. And that I have no real insight to.

• Like 1

I don't think having all of Denver done by late spring is realistic at this point. I'm going to take a SWAG that a full LTE launch for Denver is more like fall or winter. I'm basing that on two things. One, Sprint will almost certainly make some kind of announcement that it's coming when it gets close and I don't think they have announced anything for Denver officially yet. And two, the fiber build I mentioned before is going to continue through the summer. I suspect that official LTE support won't come until after that build is done. But of course we are clearly going to see some actual LTE activations before then. The question of course being how many and how fast. And that I have no real insight to.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Someone had  looked up permits it seems that there are lots of them. Does it take that long to install new antennas and equipment.

I am sure they could get everything installed in one day assuming there is fiber . It seems there is lots of fiber around Denver metro 

There's a guy in Colorado Springs getting lte I wonder where,

Never mind he's on att

:td:

Robert from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I was driving up I-25 to Frederick and I picked up 4G.  I quickly re-downloaded Sensorly and mapped my trip.  Looks like the tower off Hwy 52 and I-25 is active. I had coverage from Hwy 52 all the way to hwy 119 along I-25.  

WoCzOlQ.jpg

OCtAedZ.jpg

Edited by BarnesShawn

you are correct robert posted that it was accepted in the utah colorado thread I believe. Nice to hear sounds like its picking up quickly over there!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I don't think that's the tower at Highway 52 giving you the love. Looking at your Sensorly info, it looks like it's the tower north of there, halfway between 52 and 119. Once the maps are updated, we'll be able to tell for sure. Whatever the case - me likey.

-- Just read the other thread. Disregard. 

Edited by Craig