Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

i am going to try to be about a mile or less away from it?

I've gotten from 10 - ~30mbps from not to far away and less further away, in MN & WI. I wouldn't expect anything different in CO.

so we just have our first tower up in denver so how long till they light up even more towers in our area do u they test it for a long time before they light up the rest of the towers??

How long is a rope? 10 could light up tomorrow. It could sit for 3 months until anything else lights up like my area did.

Speeds should be 30 megabit if you get a good signal and no one else is mashing on the speed test button while you are.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1

I thought I was crazy this morning driving down Buckley just pass 144th and I saw the 4G signal on my phone. I really thought sprint forgot about us. Goofy spot to start with but it gives us in Colorado hope.

I was searching for permits issued to Sprint in the Denver "megaopolis" area a few months back and this tower did pop up. I didn't think too much about it since it didn't correlate to an in progress site on the map. I'll have to go back and look at what other permits I can find now once my new laptop arrives Thursday (old one crapped out last week).

Glad I didn't read too much into it a few days ago when eHRPD was all wonkey. But what do I know? I just live in the area and notice how the network operates on a pretty much daily basis.

I was searching for permits issued to Sprint in the Denver "megaopolis" area a few months back and this tower did pop up. I didn't think too much about it since it didn't correlate to an in progress site on the map. I'll have to go back and look at what other permits I can find now once my new laptop arrives Thursday (old one crapped out last week).

Maybe a tenth of the actually In-Progress towers have actually made their way onto our maps. Since they are mostly member reported, many sites get completely missed until they show up in the acceptance reports. If you have a list of the permits, you might consider posting what info you can find and get them added to the in progress list.

I thought I was crazy this morning driving down Buckley just pass 144th and I saw the 4G signal on my phone. I really thought sprint forgot about us. Goofy spot to start with but it gives us in Colorado hope.

Funny, I went misread that as '104th' and got a 4G signal there today. 104th and Kittredge. I had sensorly running, and the map is updated.

That seems like some pretty good range on that tower. It may not have been very usable, but holding the LTE all the way to Pena Blvd looks like nearly 4 miles measured on Maps. At least in my experience, that is impressive.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I searched by city and county; at least where the governing body had data searchable online. I'll dive into it again in the next few days and post what I find. I think I recall the city and county of Denver didn't have general search criteria and you had to have a permit number or physical address.

I looked at so many websites of various municipalities that they all ran together. Now that I look at the Denver site, I remember it as one of the easier ones to look up. The site that came online should be under either the Adams county or Brighton web site.

Since the first Lte site is up now do u think the rest of the sites should come up soon or will it be a while till some more go green?

Same question asked not even 48 hours later. What did you think would change? Remember I said that each time you asked the same question over and over and over that Sprint would delay LTE deployment in COS by a week for each offense? At this rate, you'll never see it down there. Ha ha. We're all anxious, but good Lord, take a chill pill, bud.

• Like 1

I picked up a spot on 470 this morning about Sable. I had Sensorly running but I was unable to get a speed check. Is there another tower active in the area or is it just the same tower as before?

I picked up a spot on 470 this morning about Sable. I had Sensorly running but I was unable to get a speed check. Is there another tower active in the area or is it just the same tower as before?

Likely the same site. It's well within the range of a nearly-rural tower.

so when colorado gets 800 up and running i live in a apt and have to use a airave when 800 is up will i need to use the airave to call out or not? how much better is 800 then 1900 for calling??

It depends on how far you live from an 800 site, how that site is deployed and the type of building you're in. However, in most metro areas, Sprint current existing sites should be sufficient that with 800 completely deployed that most people will not need Airaves anymore.

Around Waco, where 800 is pretty much fully deployed, I had 3-5 bars of voice coverage everywhere I went, indoors and outdoors using 800MHz.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

It depends on how far you live from an 800 site, how that site is deployed and the type of building you're in. However, in most metro areas, Sprint current existing sites should be sufficient that with 800 completely deployed that most people will not need Airaves anymore.

Around Waco, where 800 is pretty much fully deployed, I had 3-5 bars of voice coverage everywhere I went, indoors and outdoors using 800MHz.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Rob, did you see 1x data as well as voice?

Sent from my Sprint iPad using Tapatalk HD