Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

I just did 3 speed tests in my apt on my airave and had 2meg or higher on evdo and at about 530 pm tonight i had .14 to .30 speed tests what could this increase mean? could they be working on the towers in the springs?

That means nothing, airaves are connected to your internet for backhaul.

I just did 3 speed tests in my apt on my airave and had 2meg or higher on evdo and at about 530 pm tonight i had .14 to .30 speed tests what could this increase mean? could they be working on the towers in the springs?

Well Airave runs of your internet so the speed you are seeing have nothing to do with sprint towers. It takes your phone calls and 3g network and sends it over your broadband 

No luck on the towers. I can't find much downtown, i suspect they are on top of buildings or inside something else. I go right to where they are supposed to be and cover several blocks looking for something and its no use.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Are you going off of an app on your phone? Those are showing the "target area" for the tower sectors. You won't find a tower where it shows. Spend a few bucks and donate to the site and gain access to the members section where you can get zoomable maps showing tower locations. It's very helpful and helps keep the site running. Money well spent without a question.

It means you have unreliable internet haha.

No luck on the towers. I can't find much downtown, i suspect they are on top of buildings or inside something else. I go right to where they are supposed to be and cover several blocks looking for something and its no use.

I assume you're using an app such as NetMonitor? Unfortunately, Sprint cell sites do not broadcast their actual location in most markets. Instead, they broadcast three points (one for each sector on the site) that are well removed from the actual location. If you were to remain connected to the same site and circle around it, you would find three points, with the site located somewhere inside of the triangle formed by those points.

There is what looks like single cell phone antenna on 16th street mall and court pl right across McDonald.

There is what looks like single cell phone antenna on 16th street mall and court pl right across McDonald.

I will check it. I work right there

Was at the 24 hour fitness off of Union and Alameda on Thursday and saw this. Took the best photos I could while trying to shooting over a fence. I'm not sure if this is a Sprint tower or not, but if it is, I home this is some good news for us Lakewood peeps.

2013-05-23%2017.05.39.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ernkyhjsof5frls/2013-05-23%2017.05.39.jpg

2013-05-23%2017.47.57.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtutfuxuedefvvx/2013-05-23%2017.47.57.jpg

I've gone ahead and submited your info to the sponsor section thread of reporting in progress sites so it will show up when maps are updated. Let us know as soon as you grab some LTE love in the area and map that mo-fo on Sensorly.

Was at the 24 hour fitness off of Union and Alameda on Thursday and saw this. Took the best photos I could while trying to shooting over a fence. I'm not sure if this is a Sprint tower or not, but if it is, I home this is some good news for us Lakewood peeps.

2013-05-23%2017.05.39.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ernkyhjsof5frls/2013-05-23 17.05.39.jpg

2013-05-23%2017.47.57.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtutfuxuedefvvx/2013-05-23 17.47.57.jpg

I've gone ahead and submited your info to the sponsor section thread of reporting in progress sites so it will show up when maps are updated. Let us know as soon as you grab some LTE love in the area and map that mo-fo on Sensorly.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that does not appear to be a network vision setup. I'd need a cleaner shot of the panels in question to be 100% positive.

They may not have the NV panels up yet (I didn't think they looked like NV panels either), but it is a Sprint site and there is work going on. If that is not enough, maybe the OP can keep an eye on it and get some photos in a few days when the NV panels are up and it is official?

It's not a question of whether it's a Sprint site or not. The sponsors section has a map where I've verified it is a Sprint tower, complete with the site ID. The question is whether or not it is officially "in progress" since there is no definite NV equipment visible. 

It's not a question of whether it's a Sprint site or not. The sponsors section has a map where I've verified it is a Sprint tower, complete with the site ID. The question is whether or not it is officially "in progress" since there is no definite NV equipment visible.

We need a "yeah we're working for Sprint" from the crew, or some visible NV equipment before we can mark it in progress. Or a Permit from the city.

We need a "yeah we're working for Sprint" from the crew, or some visible NV equipment before we can mark it in progress. Or a Permit from the city.

I searched the Jefferson county website and couldn't find a permit for that site (but there are permits for other sites).  Jbizzlefosho, I would say to just watch that site and get some new pictures in a few days.

I saw post by wireless tower installer  on xda developers that denver will get lte I guess he was right.

If all he said was that Denver was going to get LTE, then, yes he was right. But he could have said that for just about any location that has native Sprint service. It might be over a year away, but nearly every single Sprint serviced area will get LTE, no surprise there. Question is when each location will have a large enough footprint of LTE to be practical. 

Was through tower & Pena earlier tonight and didn't pick up LTE. Kind of a long shot at that distance. I did notice 3G speeds near my house (yale & 25) have improved a little. I can actually hit 1mbps semi often. :)

Hopefully we'll see 4G expansion soon.

It's a craps shoot when you're in a fringe area whether your phone will hit its LTE scan interval or not. Once you get that first hit, the phone (at least the S3) will record the tower ID you were connected to and when you are connected to that tower again, it will scan more frequently for an LTE signal.

3G is bouncing in and out again downtown today.  I have dropped the signal 4 or 5 times already this morning.  I am headed out to try and find the cell tower on 16 and Court, although I suspect it will be where I can't see it.