Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Also, I'm no expert, but I think the north tower is at highway 52 and I-25. Southwest corner of that intersection. There's a tower there.

I was getting the highest speeds on the bridge.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys. New to the forum. But I've lurked a lot. I mapped that Frederick tower a little more and did quite a few speed tests.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Nice speeds, but slow pings. What's up with that?

• Like 1

i talk to the building manager for sprint tower  he told me that they had cranes putting up the new cabinets for the 4g lte this week and they should have it done by this friday so after they have the cabinets done this week how soon till they start testing it?? 

i talk to the building manager for sprint tower  he told me that they had cranes putting up the new cabinets for the 4g lte this week and they should have it done by this friday so after they have the cabinets done this week how soon till they start testing it??

Do you happen to know where that tower is?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

I was snooping around a bit, and found a tower permit close to my house here in Parker. I have getting in-and-out signal and 1X for the past few days after full bars and 3g for the past few years. 

fxGxWVG.png

I was wondering if this had to do with anything LTE around here in the Parker area. I can drive to Sports Authority Stadium (not field at mile high. its where my local highschool plays at) where the tower is at since its only a 3 minute drive. 

I honestly don't know what the tower looks like and there has been a helluva lot of housing development in the area

Nice speeds, but slow pings. What's up with that?

likely due to the device and proximity to the tower.  If you notice a few pages back on the couple of speed tests I ran a week or so ago on my Optimus G, I never had ping over 83ms.  I will run some more tonight and upload the results.

Edited by xiutehcuhtli

I was snooping around a bit, and found a tower permit close to my house here in Parker. I have getting in-and-out signal and 1X for the past few days after full bars and 3g for the past few years. 

fxGxWVG.png

I was wondering if this had to do with anything LTE around here in the Parker area. I can drive to Sports Authority Stadium (not field at mile high. its where my local highschool plays at) where the tower is at since its only a 3 minute drive. 

I honestly don't know what the tower looks like and there has been a helluva lot of housing development in the area

I doubt it is being worked on yet since it is still in review.  I've been looking at the douglas county site as well (i live in Highlands Ranch).  My understanding is that these presubmittals are a review before they submit the actual permit application.  As for the tower, it appears to be a white pole in front of the fire station.  Most poles in Highlands Ranch and probably Parker are stealth poles so it will be harder to track them.  You can see the pole here: https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!q=8165+N+Pinery+Pkwy%2C+Parker%2C+CO+80134&data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d-104.733952!3d39.459148!2m2!1f29.56!2f88.87!4f75!2m4!1e1!2m2!1stBhCPy2YfDG-BytBoUX21w!2e0!4m11!1m10!4m8!1m3!1d98371!2d-104.8575216!3d39.6022395!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!17b1&fid=5

sprint lte in colorado is too slow!!!! they need to go faster!!

have you used it?  near as i can tell from your innumerable posts you've never had lte appear on your device.

my experience, as someone who uses it literally every night, is that the speeds are tremendous.

have you used it?  near as i can tell from your innumerable posts you've never had lte appear on your device.

my experience, as someone who uses it literally every night, is that the speeds are tremendous.

I think he's still ranting about the deployment rate. Let's just ignore the trolls.

• Like 3

Yes, after re-eading it i see you are probably correct.

Nevertheless, i love the lte speeds. Not as fast as what i see out of ATT and Verizon, but plenty fast. Everyone is going to be very satisfied once widespread deployment is finalized.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Some more speed tests for everyone. Speeds are solid not other worldly.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It may not be other-worldly, but that's sometimes 2 orders of magnitude over what everyone else gets! And the occasional 40ms ping is eye popping.

I was in Minneapolis Monday night and was across the street from an LTE tower near the Mall of America. Inside with no direct line of sight to the tower, I got 26 down / 11 up w/ 50ms ping. I'm not worried about speeds once build out on all bands is complete.

Back in Nov, I saw a tower near I-70 and Quebec with a cherry picker lifted up to it. I can't tell if there are NV panels installed as I'm flying by at 60MPH, but that is my guess for the next tower to be turned on.

I'm predicting three more LTE towers in the Denver area soon. Area has been EV-DO most of the day. I have no real basis for three towers, just a WAG.

I'm predicting three more LTE towers in the Denver area soon. Area has been EV-DO most of the day. I have no real basis for three towers, just a WAG.

I think I can support that WAG. Sounds reasonable to me.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

When you say "Denver area" would that indicate Denver proper, or the Metropolitan area?

Just to make it more likely that I score a success, let's call it all of the front range (minus Colo Springs of course since one man has single handedly pushed that deployment back weeks). 

I honestly have no idea, but there have been a lot of EV-DO reversions lately and last time that happened, we got out first taste of the LTE love.

• Like 1

I'm in Colorado Springs. Service here is going nuts. 3G is usually a solid 300 kbps down, but it's jumping to 1.5 mbps down. Pings have been super low, in the 70-90's. Hopefully we'll see LTE soon. Or at least stable good 3G. Hopefully the troll didn't jinx us too bad.  :D

Edited by ew2x4

I'm in Colorado Springs. Service here is going nuts. 3G is usually a solid 300 kbps down, but it's jumping to 1.5 mbps down. Pings have been super low, in the 70-90's. Hopefully we'll see LTE soon. Or at least stable good 3G. Hopefully the troll didn't jinx us too bad. :D

with those pings it sounds like you might be on a site that has new fiber backhaul, just my guess though...not 100% confident.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Lets hope we get to see some lte towers going up soon. The whole dish-network bid is slowing down our upgrade.

where did you hear that the dish network bid is slowing down nv roll out? I don't think anyone has ever said that.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta