Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Softbank was to  merge with sprint in June, the voting on it is postponed. Softbank is looking at tmobile as alternative to sprint. So if dish network did not bid on sprint then softbank would buy Sprint or most of it then  Clearwire would be bought by sprint. Sprint would get much needed cash for upgrades and now dish slows everything down and wants to load up sprint with debt. I am just surprised that Comcast not bidding for sprint.   

Softbank was to  merge with sprint in June, the voting on it is postponed. Softbank is looking at tmobile as alternative to sprint. So if dish network did not bid on sprint then softbank would buy Sprint or most of it then  Clearwire would be bought by sprint. Sprint would get much needed cash for upgrades and now dish slows everything down and wants to load up sprint with debt. I am just surprised that Comcast not bidding for sprint.   

Network Vision is funded.  These are not having any impact on deployment under way now.  It's possible it could impact future planned upgrades, maybe in the next 9-12 months if not resolved.

Robert

Softbank was to merge with sprint in June, the voting on it is postponed. Softbank is looking at tmobile as alternative to sprint. So if dish network did not bid on sprint then softbank would buy Sprint or most of it then Clearwire would be bought by sprint. Sprint would get much needed cash for upgrades and now dish slows everything down and wants to load up sprint with debt. I am just surprised that Comcast not bidding for sprint.

I think that the rapid (relatively) rollout of 4g is actually what attracted the dish bid in the first place. They would not be making an offer on a company they thought would lose them money.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The vote has not been postponed.  A group of dissident Sprint shareholders went to court last Friday to TRY to get it postponed.  The judge was not friendly to them, but agreed to consider their case and issue a ruling Wednesday morning, the 12th.  Until and unless he grants their petition, the vote is still on, unless of course Sprint would choose to postpone it for some other reason.

The Dish/Sprint/Softbank news keeps coming in!

I agree with S4GRU, regardless of what happens with the buy out topics, the LTE project has been paid for previously. They're not on a "pay as you go" construction plan. =)

Here is the latest:

Sprint and SoftBank today announced an amendment to their original merger agreement that makes the deal more attractive to current Sprint investors. Chiefly, SoftBank is upping the amount of cash it will pay to investors by $4.5 billion to a total of $16.64 billion. The amount of cash being pumped into the front-end of the deal is being offset by a $3 billion reduction in the $4.9 billion investment SoftBank planned to make in New Sprint after the acquisition was completed, as well as new financing on SoftBank's part. The companies together believe that reworking the finances is a win for Sprint's shareholders and reflects Sprint's Network Vision progress and profitability improvements. However, once the deal is done, Sprint's current shareholders will have 22% ownership of the company, and SoftBank will have 78%. Under the previous terms, SoftBank would have had a 70% stake in Sprint. Separate from altering the SoftBank transaction terms, Sprint today also announced that its Special Committee evaluating Dish Networks' proposal has concluded that Dish's deal is no good. "We have expended substantial time and energy engaging with Dish over the past nine weeks, including an extensive due diligence process, but these efforts did not lead, in the Special Committee's view, to a proposal that was reasonably likely to lead to a proposal superior to SoftBank's," said Sprint. In light of these changes, Sprint has delayed its planned June 12 shareholder vote to June 25. Most U.S. regulatory bodies, including the Justice Department, SEC, and FBI, have approved SoftBank's proposed equity acquisition of Sprint. It is now awaiting review from the Federal Communications Commission.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130610006626/en/Sprint-SoftBank-Amend-Merger-Agreement-Deliver-Greater

The vote has not been postponed.  A group of dissident Sprint shareholders went to court last Friday to TRY to get it postponed.  The judge was not friendly to them, but agreed to consider their case and issue a ruling Wednesday morning, the 12th.  Until and unless he grants their petition, the vote is still on, unless of course Sprint would choose to postpone it for some other reason.

Crankshaft is awesome

• Like 2

So today I am having issue with data is there outage or is this sing of working on lte. My phone shows full signal and 3g icon but I don't get data. The I get data back and loose it all day long. 

• Like 1

So today I am having issue with data is there outage or is this sing of working on lte. My phone shows full signal and 3g icon but I don't get data. The I get data back and loose it all day long. 

Unfortunately, I have noticed that this is common with our device.  Turn the Sprint Connections Optimizer off, it causes problems.  

Why are towers popping up in odd places first? Is it just harder to get permits in Denver vs weld County?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

it's because they favor the move to form north Colorado as a state and are supporting the movement with lte haha. In all seriousness, it's probably permit, different contractors, backhaul related.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

Why you got great layer that can link lte signal to cancer and win 2.5 billion dollars for you? 

I still don't understand why my phone is acting up. I am running custom rom and my phone had data last week and now for I loose internet when I am on D line. I hope that sign of back haul being upgraded and lte being turned on. 

Edited by tritron

Looks like we got another LTE tower recently...its south along tower from the previous one.  Sensorly is showing more coverage along peña blvd now.  

I talked to some of the Ericsson guys the other day.  They seemed to be convinced NV would be done in the next 6 months or so.  That falls in line with what I've heard at one of the stores I visited about a month ago.  As always...take with a pile of salt.

Looks like we got another LTE tower recently...its south along tower from the previous one.  Sensorly is showing more coverage along peña blvd now.  

I talked to some of the Ericsson guys the other day.  They seemed to be convinced NV would be done in the next 6 months or so.  That falls in line with what I've heard at one of the stores I visited about a month ago.  As always...take with a pile of salt.

I noticed the improved range and strength of the LTE in the southern regions of Pena last night on my drive home. Notice some very faint hits on Colfax just W of 225. Maybe the tower west of Pena that was in progress has been brought to life? I'd love a 6 month roll out in the Denver area (IAssume they were talking about the Denver area?), but I'd bet it will be closer to a full year before all the towers are ready and turned on.

edit: It's just a single blip at Peoria and Montview, not multiple hits.

It's hard to tell if the new coverage showing up on Sensorly is a new tower or just more samples coming in from the two which are definitely lit up. I have to admit I love this kind of data, I wish I could spend some time roaming around filling in the map. My lowly iPhone 4S obviously isn't up to the task though. What's the cheapest way to get a Sensorly compatible phone? Looks like there are some LTE options for $200-$250 or so. That's a little more than I'm willing to pay just to be able to run Sensorly. If I could figure out how to do it for sub-$100 that would maybe be worth it to me.

It's hard to tell if the new coverage showing up on Sensorly is a new tower or just more samples coming in from the two which are definitely lit up. I have to admit I love this kind of data, I wish I could spend some time roaming around filling in the map. My lowly iPhone 4S obviously isn't up to the task though. What's the cheapest way to get a Sensorly compatible phone? Looks like there are some LTE options for $200-$250 or so. That's a little more than I'm willing to pay just to be able to run Sensorly. If I could figure out how to do it for sub-$100 that would maybe be worth it to me.

Galaxy Victory 4G LTE can be had for around $120 and is a tough little phone with superb RF characteristics. 

Galaxy Victory 4G LTE can be had for around $120 and is a tough little phone with superb RF characteristics. 

It also has excellent battery life, since it uses the S3 battery with a much smaller screen and less power-hungry processor. It's not fast though, so be forewarned. Taking a picture is a 4 second affair.

I don't see them for that price offhand. I did see some used Sprint phones on Glyde for not too much, but I think they are WiMax not LTE (EVO Shift 4G and Galaxy SII Epic 4G) A Boost Force for $170 is the best deal I can find so far.

Based on what I see on Sensorly, still looks like only two towers online at this time, unfortunately 

I don't see them for that price offhand. I did see some used Sprint phones on Glyde for not too much, but I think they are WiMax not LTE (EVO Shift 4G and Galaxy SII Epic 4G) A Boost Force for $170 is the best deal I can find so far.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_udlo=100&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_udhi=200&_nkw=galaxy%20victory%204g%20lte&LH_BIN=1

Go pick up an EVO LTE on Craigslist for 100.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

This!

On an lte note, the speculation about service interuptions indicating lte work.. . Add federal and mineral area of Littleton to that list. Was at a buddys place this morning and the signal strength was goin ape poo on me. Max to nothing back to max.......and yes.......lost 3g down to 1x.....here's to hoping