Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

So i saw on the map update that colorado has not really had any updates unlike other states like minnesota. my grandma in hibbing mn has started to see network vision start and its very small and in colo springs where i live were kinda big and no network vision yet what is the deal with sprint and colorado network vision for LTE?????????? We need it here more then northern minnesota

Dude, you need to relax. The 3g in Colorado is amazing. Plus Colorado is not that Important. Look at LA. Not launched yet. There are more people in L.A. then in the State of Colorado. Obviously Sprints reason for one network over another is different than what you or I think should happen.

Dude, you need to relax. The 3g in Colorado is amazing. Plus Colorado is not that Important. Look at LA. Not launched yet. There are more people in L.A. then in the State of Colorado. Obviously Sprints reason for one network over another is different than what you or I think should happen.

As a proud denizen of flyover country, I love to hear people from SoCal mention non-important areas. Either way, the rollout schedule and the updates that have taken place were/are influenced by so much more than population size. Spectrum constrains (Chicago!), contractor and backhaul availability are just a few that come to mind.

That said, I believe the first of the third round markets have begun to see full installations start (Phoenix + Vegas), so Colorado should be seeing NV work soon.

• Like 1

As a proud denizen of flyover country, I love to hear people from SoCal mention non-important areas. Either way, the rollout schedule and the updates that have taken place were/are influenced by so much more than population size. Spectrum constrains (Chicago!), contractor and backhaul availability are just a few that come to mind.

That said, I believe the first of the third round markets have begun to see full installations start (Phoenix + Vegas), so Colorado should be seeing NV work soon.

I wasn't getting down on Colorado. I just moved to SoCal from there. I lived in North Douglas County. Trust me, I like CO far better than CA. As far as I am concerned, Co is among the best places in the world to live.

Sprint uses different ways to determine where they start. When you think about population, SoCal should be important. The comparison to a small town in MN to the Springs was made. If you are going by size, the Springs is low on the priority scale.

So how soon would u think denver would start to see at least one tower go live or in testing mode??

There is no sure fire way to tell. Watch for crews! Check here often. They may be sneaky and under the radar, keep your eyes peeled you could catch em!

Just joined because I have a small scrap of info to share. It's not much, but I figure every bit helps.

I switched to Sprint in the middle of February; I got tired of being throttled constantly by AT&T. I went to a store in Greeley to make the switch. When the sales rep's bosses went out to have a smoke, I asked him about LTE in Colorado. He said they'd just had meetings on it, and they've been promised beginnings of LTE coverage "this quarter." My guess is he meant financial quarter. He also confirmed Denver would mostly likely get the first towers.

• Like 1

What are the speeds be once Lte is up and running i went to kansas city a few weeks ago and i had got speeds at 30 to 40 meg down will we see that speed in the denver/co springs area anytime soon??? Also the Lte sites the mobile ones are they in the denver/co springs area yet????

What are the speeds be once Lte is up and running i went to kansas city a few weeks ago and i had got speeds at 30 to 40 meg down will we see that speed in the denver/co springs area anytime soon??? Also the Lte sites the mobile ones are they in the denver/co springs area yet????

You'll see speeds somewhere upwards from 5Mbps once LTE is active. Lots of variables to consider, mainly signal strength and quality. There are some ground mount sites that are getting at least 3G NV work done on them in the northern part of the state and Denver area as seen on the completed site map, so some work is being done. Anticipate in the next two to three months getting some LTE showing up in the Denver metro area, and probably not too far behind that in the COS area.

I have no idea what mobile LTE sites you're referring to at the end of your post.

• 1 month later...

I just went to the church where they are doing nv upgrades and talked to a lady inside the church and she said that sprint work on the roof should start next week and she said it was for Lte upgrades!! Im so happy they are starting to work in colorado springs.

I just went to the church where they are doing nv upgrades and talked to a lady inside the church and she said that sprint work on the roof should start next week and she said it was for Lte upgrades!! Im so happy they are starting to work in colorado springs.

are you sure is sprint and not at&t ?

I hope so--I have been sniffing out all of the towers in my area (south denver metro) and nothing.

Is AT&T upgrading at the moment, as well? There is a post office near me that has 4 stealth towers in the employee parking lot, and I saw a lift there one night last week. The next morning, I drive by and see workers at one of the towers. I mosey on by and hopes were dashed when I saw the sign on the little gate to the base station said Cingular. Wanh-wanh.

Yes i am sure she told me that at&t was there a week ago but now sprint sent her and the church a letter stating that they are coming into town next week to start on Lte here in the springs on top of the springs community church on woodmen rd

Well if the church lady says so, then it must be God's will that COS will be getting an LTE install. Don't hold your breath, there are many instances of NV being installed and nothing being activated for weeks or months afterward.

I'm guessing once the install is done and there is no LTE broadcasting, we'll get to hear more of your "woe is me" for the duration of the blackout? That should be fun. Looking forward to that.

• Like 1

Well if the church lady says so, then it must be God's will that COS will be getting an LTE install.

The Church Lady is appalled. After all, you cannot spell "the devil" without LTE.

AJ

The Church Lady is appalled. After all, you cannot spell "the devil" without LTE.

AJ

I thought there were 2 spellings: "AT&T" and "Charlie Ergen". And third might be "Verizon".

Well if the church lady says so, then it must be God's will that COS will be getting an LTE install. Don't hold your breath, there are many instances of NV being installed and nothing being activated for weeks or months afterward.

I'm guessing once the install is done and there is no LTE broadcasting, we'll get to hear more of your "woe is me" for the duration of the blackout? That should be fun. Looking forward to that.

I fully understand his frustration, but agree, enough is enough. Just be patient like the rest of us damnit.

That being said, the Sprint call center by Centennial Airport is on the way to and from a friends house and I've stopped by a couple of times to see if I can get the LTE hit on my phone but as others have pointed out, no such luck.

For what it's worth...I filed a complaint with the FCC over some billing issues I was having with Sprint. An executive services analyst contacted me to take care of the issue, after getting it resolved she asked if I had any other questions. I asked her about 4G LTE in Denver, she said that she knew someone in the department that was responsible for putting up the 4G towers, she told me she would email me what she found out, this was her reply:

I researched the future launch of Sprint LTE in the Denver, CO. area. Future network enhancements outside of six months are subject to change; therefore, we only publish network enhancements scheduled within this timetable. Unfortunately, we do not have Sprint LTE scheduled to be launched in the Denver, CO. area within the next six months.

I really hope that this isn't true, people in the Sprint store in downtown Denver told me that Denver would get 4G LTE at the end of May or beginning of June.

Edited by kcseden

You guys need to stop being mean to me i say it once and only once!

Who's being mean here? If you see abusive posts that violate guidelines, report the abusive posts and one of the moderators will be more than happy to handle it.

For what it's worth...I filed a complaint with the FCC over some billing issues I was having with Sprint. An executive services analyst contacted me to take care of the issue, after getting it resolved she asked if I had any other questions. I asked her about 4G LTE in Denver, she said that she knew someone in the department that was responsible for putting up the 4G towers, she told me she would email me what she found out, this was her reply:

I researched the future launch of Sprint LTE in the Denver, CO. area. Future network enhancements outside of six months are subject to change; therefore, we only publish network enhancements scheduled within this timetable. Unfortunately, we do not have Sprint LTE scheduled to be launched in the Denver, CO. area within the next six months.

I really hope that this isn't true, people in the Sprint store in downtown Denver told me that Denver would get 4G LTE at the end of May or beginning of June.

I run a call center in the Denver area for a different industry, but some former employees of mine do work in the Sprint Call Center and they've heard similar word internally. So hopefully that's the story but at this point I've lost hope and will just be patient for the launch.

I think the frustrating part for a lot of Sprint users in the area, many of us had WiMax phones and while the WiMax service was less than ideal, it was excellent compared to 3G, at least where my office is. When the LTE handsets started coming out (such as the GS3 or the Evo LTE or Note 2 etc) many of us jumped to those handsets because the feature set was a much richer experience, with the trade off being a wait for LTE service.

I can't say whether I would've waited on upgrading my handset if I knew the LTE wait in Denver would've been this long but it certainly would've been something taken into consideration. Probably would've upgraded either way, end up on WiFi most of the time anyway so it's a little bit moot.

Watching with great interest right now though, thank you to all of you guys for sharing your knowledge. Learned a lot from you.

Launching a market is completely different from putting up and activating LTE equipment. Even though Sprint may not be launching Denver or any Colorado markets within the 6 month window, I bet there are at least a few active LTE towers as we enter into summer. Could be in Denver, could be COS, Grand Junction, Aspen (a single 3G site is in Snowmass), who knows. There are some sites marked as in progress in the state, and that shows progress. Certainly more progress than little old Ohio can claim at this stage. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Yes i am sure she told me that at&t was there a week ago but now sprint sent her and the church a letter stating that they are coming into town next week to start on Lte here in the springs on top of the springs community church on woodmen rd

So what happened with the church? Did they do something to the antennas?