Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Yeah, that must be a GPS error. The Colorado market just finished design. Seems almost impossible for it to be starting. Unless it is like the Cupertino anomaly in the South Bay market. Where a few cells were intentionally deployed, but the market hasn't started. But that was for Apple.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

After further review...it is on a Sprint Call Center. I was told about 2-3 months ago that they were going to start installing LTE in all Sprint buildings. So this is not surprising at all.

I'm going to be watching to see if the Albuquerque call center gets LTE any time soon!

Craig, the next time you are in Centennial, you should drive by and see if you get a LTE signal at the front door.

Robert

We may have to start raising bail funds for when Robert is arrested for loitering outside the Albuquerque call center.

;)

AJ

• Like 10

I'm deffinatley gonna go to this sprint call center to see if I can pick up LTE, I live in littleton so it isn't far. I just got my iPhone 5 and I am eagerly awaiting LTE lol

Try in the parking lot. If you can't get it there. walk up to the building and try. And if all else fails, try to walk in and ask to buy a phone. :lol:

Robert

• Like 1

I rarely get down there, but I will certainly have it in the back of my mind to check it out when I find myself out there again.

Would any sites nearby be eHRDP, or since this is a sole LTE site would there be no upgrades to neighboring sites?

I rarely get down there, but I will certainly have it in the back of my mind to check it out when I find myself out there again.

Would any sites nearby be eHRDP, or since this is a sole LTE site would there be no upgrades to neighboring sites?

I would be very surprised to see eHRPD. Since it is an in-building LTE deployment, it probably is an island not attempting to pass LTE data on to the macro network.

RObert

It seems like they are doing something, my 3g speeds have improved dramatically, I get 1.2-2.0 mbps consistent just outside of downtown denver at the Broadway Lightrail station, and far better speeds in littleton then I used to. Before I was averaging .1-.2 mbps.(on my 4s) Now its almost never less then .4Mbps. I wonder if it's the phone or first signs of NV in the area. I am happy that my iTunes match doesn't timeout every 20 seconds but streams as seemlessly as pandora with a 256/kbps bit rate

I'll have to test this on my ladys 4s to see if it is isolated to the new phone or actual network improvements

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So not only is there no proposed 4G LTE rollout date for Denver, now I get no 4G signal at all downtown, where I used to get a full 5 bar signal. Anyone else having this problem?

Man, Sprint is going from bad to worse..... I sure hope they are putting in a new tower and get 4G LTE rolled out soon, or I may have to jump ship. I will definitely miss the unlimited data, but that can't last for much longer I imagine.

So not only is there no proposed 4G LTE rollout date for Denver, now I get no 4G signal at all downtown, where I used to get a full 5 bar signal. Anyone else having this problem?

Man, Sprint is going from bad to worse..... I sure hope they are putting in a new tower and get 4G LTE rolled out soon, or I may have to jump ship. I will definitely miss the unlimited data, but that can't last for much longer I imagine.

It is likely a temporary WiMax outage.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

It is likely a temporary WiMax outage.

Well, WiMax/'4G' has been out all week downtown. How long is a 'temporary outage' supposed to last before it becomes an 'extended outage'?

I've been a loyal Sprint customer for years, but my confidence is waning...

Well, WiMax/'4G' has been out all week downtown. How long is a 'temporary outage' supposed to last before it becomes an 'extended outage'?

I've been a loyal Sprint customer for years, but my confidence is waning...

Have you reported it and opened a ticket? If so, what was the cause cited? Do you know if other users are having the same problem? You will get a lot farther dealing with Sprint than writing on our boards about your waning support for Sprint.

A dollar says they just want to complain and not spend any time trying to let Sprint know about it. It's easier that way, after all.

In other news . . . Any reason why eHRPD would be turned off temporarily after it's been deployed? It could have been a bug with RF Signal Tracker app, but every tower in the west/NW metro Denver suburbs I was connected to this morning had reverted to EVDO. Two hours later, they had been switched back to eHRPD. Found it kind of curious.

• Like 2

A dollar says they just want to complain and not spend any time trying to let Sprint know about it. It's easier that way, after all.

In other news . . . Any reason why eHRPD would be turned off temporarily after it's been deployed? It could have been a bug with RF Signal Tracker app, but every tower in the west/NW metro Denver suburbs I was connected to this morning had reverted to EVDO. Two hours later, they had been switched back to eHRPD. Found it kind of curious.

This happens often when eHRPD first deploys in a market. It will likely happen again. Don't know the cause. Probably related to the cores.

I was at the denver airport and drove to colo springs and i had ehrpd all the way down how long till it will get Lte then??

I certainly hope you are joking... If not, eHRPD deployment has very little to do with the LTE deployment timeline. eHRPD just needs to be deployed prior to LTE for there to be a smooth handoff. So there is no set time between eHRPD occurance and LTE. It could be weeks or many months.

Colorado springs is eHRPD live!!! what is the timeline on colo springs and denver area for LTE? is eHRPD a good thing??? is that a network vision issue with eHrpd??

Read.

I certainly hope you are joking... If not, eHRPD deployment has very little to do with the LTE deployment timeline. eHRPD just needs to be deployed prior to LTE for there to be a smooth handoff. So there is no set time between eHRPD occurance and LTE. It could be weeks or many months.

• Like 2