Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Denver area has reverted to EV-DO for most of the day. Signs of progress I hope.

I bet if you cycle airplane mode or restart eHRPD comes back. That happens to me here in the Missouri market every once in a while.

Tried that multiple times, it was reverted, no doubt about it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Well, I wouldn't read too much into it. Since there's no LTE at the moment in the market, it's not needed anyway, so they may just be applying an update to the system, or it just got rebooted for an unknown reason.

By that logic, there would be no LTE in any market at this point. And, technically, there is LTE in the Colorado market, in addition to sites in progress. But I won't plan on LTE arriving here. Ever. As Chicago shouldn't have done last year. And L.A., and Philly. Oh well. It was nice to dream once upon a time about LTE.

By that logic, there would be no LTE in any market at this point. And, technically, there is LTE in the Colorado market, in addition to sites in progress. But I won't plan on LTE arriving here. Ever. As Chicago shouldn't have done last year. And L.A., and Philly. Oh well. It was nice to dream once upon a time about LTE.

What?

There's no LTE in the Colorado market. Aside from the in-building supposed LTE at the call center.

I'm not sure by what logic it would mean there's no LTE anywhere else either. You've completely lost me.

Where is there Lte in colorado?? where i would drive to test it out i dont think there is any Lte yet in colorado?

Don't bother. There is a blip on Sensorly at one of the call centers in Centennial, but other members who have checked it out weren't able to get anything. We think it's an in-building system not available to anyone else.

What?

There's no LTE in the Colorado market. Aside from the in-building supposed LTE at the call center.

I'm not sure by what logic it would mean there's no LTE anywhere else either. You've completely lost me.

I think Craig was trying to be funny. I didn't detect anything serious in his post.

Robert

Is there any updates for the colorado market for 800 or 1900 Lte?? and quick question i have the airave and i was wondering once we have Lte here in the springs will i need the airave still or will Lte make it so i dont need it and send it back to sprint???

quick question i have the airave and i was wondering once we have Lte here in the springs will i need the airave still or will Lte make it so i dont need it and send it back to sprint???

I think you may be asking your question in the wrong way. LTE is for data, so whether you have LTE shouldn't matter at home for Wifi is a better alternative than LTE or an Airave.

Once CDMA 1xA in SMR is deployed you might not need the Airave to make calls.

"Are there any updates for the Colorado market?"

We're there any posted in the recent updates that Robert works so hard on? NO.

I'm a very patient person by nature but good Lord. . .

If you're that anxious, spend some time and effort and find out for yourself. Go look at towers and look to see if anything has been done to them. If so, note the tower, snap some pics and post it to the "In Progress" thread. Otherwise, when you see it in the updates, then you'll know that, yes, there are updates for the CO market.

• Like 1

First LTE site accepted in Colorado!!!! YEAH!

It's south of Brighton. It's just south of the I-76 and 470 junction. Near Buffalo Run Golf Course on 104th. It will be on the Sponsor maps later today. Congratulations you Centennial Staters. Now go park under the tower, light up a blunt and go to town.

Robert

• Like 3

First LTE site accepted in Colorado!!!! YEAH!

It's south of Brighton. It's just south of the I-76 and 470 junction. Near Buffalo Run Golf Course on 104th. It will be on the Sponsor maps later today. Congratulations you Centennial Staters. Now go park under the tower, light up a blunt and go to town.

Robert

This is great news, however I feel a little disappointed by the location. I was expecting something more urban, but I guess that's exactly how they've been doing NV nationwide. Start in suburban markets then slowly get to the dense urban areas. Like how the Loop in Chicago doesn't have NV, but everywhere around it does.

But progress is progress, so I guess I'm just going to have to be patient.

This is great news, however I feel a little disappointed by the location. I was expecting something more urban, but I guess that's exactly how they've been doing NV nationwide. Start in suburban markets then slowly get to the dense urban areas. Like how the Loop in Chicago doesn't have NV, but everywhere around it does.

But progress is progress, so I guess I'm just going to have to be patient.

The thing about location of the site order is...well, it's not selected. Sprint would love to do them in order of usage. However, some sites are much easier and faster to get approvals, permitting and high speed backhaul to. Once a site is ready and has everything they need to convert, they jump right on it.

Typically, permitting is faster in exurban and rural areas, and tougher in cities and NIMBY suburbs. Also, backhaul is typically easier to get in newer suburbs and rural locations along major roads, railroads and highways.

Since Sprint is upgrading their entire network, all sites will be worked on the second they are ready to start work, regardless of location. And given the ease of getting things ready, it will often begin in exurban, tertiary and rural areas first. It's better than doing nothing, just waiting for the more important sites to become ready.

If Sprint ever gets to the point where they have significant backlog of urban/suburban sites ready, they will completely stop working on exurban/rural sites all together.

Robert

Boo yah! Nothing on sensorly yet. May have to leave early for the airport before my next trip Friday and make a quick side trip. Happened sooner than I thought it might. Here's to rapid build-out and fast connections.

How fast will the first tower in denver be could it be at least 5meg to 10 meg or how fast? im thinking about heading up to denver tomorrow to test it out!

How far away from the tower are you going to be? Distance can be related to speed.