Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

How do I see band 26 on my galaxy s4 is there a setting or code to find out what band im on???

Assuming you have the GS4T, dial ##33284# and type in 777468, then click on LTE. That will show what band you are connected to.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1395281003590.jpg

Can that be band 26 ? I did a little mapping this afternoon

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

No way to know without seeing your engineering screen. If you are near the cell site, it's going to show up dark purple no matter what band you are on.

• Like 1

To me it looks like some Band 26 is starting to ink through the Band 25 in some areas/routes. Good job!

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

So this happened this morning. My phone went to extended LTE ... I didn't know that was possible .. Since I haven't heard about LTE roaming agreements being made. Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Could it be that your voice signal was roaming but you had a native lte signal?

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1395281003590.jpg

Sensorly is going to be very annoying for lots of people toting B25 only LTE handsets once B26 and B41 are widespread and online since there is no way to differentiate what bands laid down what purple on their maps. I believe they have stated that there is no known way to get that data either so it's not going to be "fixed". 

• Like 1

Could it be that your voice signal was roaming but you had a native lte signal?

Sent from my Nexus 5

The weird part was, before I took this screen shot, I was getting a real strong LTE signal in this location, where I normally do not. So that was also strange. You could be right, the extended is the voice. Normally I get full 3G signal in this location, than the bars went to 0... they were all blank.. and it kicked over to extended 3G.... and than Extended LTE. I took the screen shot as soon as I could, and as safely, since I was driving still.

u4amutap.jpg

Sensorly is going to be very annoying for lots of people toting B25 only LTE handsets once B26 and B41 are widespread and online since there is no way to differentiate what bands laid down what purple on their maps. I believe they have stated that there is no known way to get that data either so it's not going to be "fixed". 

Yeah, with multiple band pollution, Sensorly gets less reliable for predicting what kind of signal strength you will encounter, and more likely to determine just whether or not you can get a signal on Triband.

Robert

The sensorly issue hopefully won't be an issue for too long since everyone going forward will be slowly upgrading to tri band devices.

Except when people are on Triband devices, they will still get B41 and B25 signals and will map them polluting the B26 coverages over them.

Robert

still building from the outside in. I live in aurora and work in littleton. Hope to see lte soon in one of these areas!

Hey, its nowhere near me, doesn't mean I can't still think that the news is pretty great! Just hang tight, we'll get there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So glad I was referred to this site. I'm up north in the Loveland/Berthoud area just west of I-25. We have been Sprint customers for years and went from having good 3g service to next to nothing. My wife has spent countless hours with Sprint getting the runaround on our service, and she's about ready to jump ship even with the hefty etf's. Just Wednesday, she spoke with a Sprint rep who told her that all upgrades and work was complete in our area and that she was closing our ticket, regardless of us not having service even in our own home. She was told the work was done and that the service was not going to get any better. I've tried till  I'm blue in the face to tell my wife that that simply isn't true.Unfortunately, she's been given the same song and dance for so long, she is no longer able to believe that the service will get better and doesn't care if it does...she's tired of waiting. Meanwhile, I'm just trying to make better sense of it all, and trying to find out what the real story is.

So glad I was referred to this site. I'm up north in the Loveland/Berthoud area just west of I-25. We have been Sprint customers for years and went from having good 3g service to next to nothing. My wife has spent countless hours with Sprint getting the runaround on our service, and she's about ready to jump ship even with the hefty etf's. Just Wednesday, she spoke with a Sprint rep who told her that all upgrades and work was complete in our area and that she was closing our ticket, regardless of us not having service even in our own home. She was told the work was done and that the service was not going to get any better. I've tried till  I'm blue in the face to tell my wife that that simply isn't true.Unfortunately, she's been given the same song and dance for so long, she is no longer able to believe that the service will get better and doesn't care if it does...she's tired of waiting. Meanwhile, I'm just trying to make better sense of it all, and trying to find out what the real story is.

Welcome! Since you're a sponsor you've probably taken a look at the sites that are in your area that are getting upgraded. Colorado is on the verge of having a big cluster launch. The reps that are saying Sprint will not get any better are imbeciles and should honestly not be working for Sprint. My recommendation to you and your friends and family with sprint, is to show them this website. I've been tracking the rollout in my own city, and it kept me sane having this forum to come too for information. In fact, you might say its the only reason I stayed with Sprint.

• Like 2