Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Hey Guys who exactly was Merlin and what happaned with him? I was a new member when he disappeared i apologize if i bringup old topics but i am really curious as to see if he's information was accurate or not?

Hey Guys who exactly was Merlin and what happaned with him? I was a new member when he disappeared i apologize if i bringup old topics but i am really curious as to see if he's information was accurate or not?

From what I've read, a lot of inaccuracies with his information. He was challenged to his facts, took it as an insult, and basically said please delete my account and left. The end

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes, Sprint has failed. It's going to take as long as it's going to take. If Sprint doesn't meet your needs, you should find another provider. However, your post is on the line of violating the rules. We do not host Sprint complaints.

Robert

To pile on a bit, I'm as disappointed as anybody but I wouldn't say they failed. Being in management of a large call center myself, I know how tricky it can be to control messaging to customers. It's a lot of hard work and a lot of training hours. It's tiresome but it's the job. If I would say Sprint failed at anything i'd say it was in this area. High servicing culture can only exist if there is a top down buy in. If that doesn't exist then you end up dealing with tons of skepticism and speculation and misinformation. Bottom line, this kind of failure is systemic. All parties within the organization are guilty to a certain degree. This happens most places.....not everyone can be top end. There is a reason it's called top end/world class customer service.....if it were easy then the off shore companies would have every service center imaginable.

So in my educated opinion on the topic (sprint customer service was a large customer of my call center until I moved divisions), the learning opportunity is more around quality of messaging. To Robert's point, sprint didn't fail anybody. Artificially created expectations did.

Yes I was told the same crap many others heard and yes Sprint is to be accountable for that....however, hold them accountable with your wallet if that's what you decide. That's your choice. Coming on here with a pointless spewing of venom towards Sprint isn't going to accomplish anything at all. If you were so mad then why hang around?

Again, I heard it too. I'm still with them though. Still patiently waiting with the rest of us here in Denver. No plans on leaving either. What the rest have will soon be irrelevant as Sprint continues forward.

*steps down from soap box*

Edit: Just realized I quoted Robert, meant to quote the user that Robert was quoting, sorry!

• Like 4

From what I've read, a lot of inaccuracies with his information. He was challenged to his facts, took it as an insult, and basically said please delete my account and left. The end

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Thanks for making it clear now jamisonshaw125!
  • Like 1

I'm sure this can't be answered with certainty but I'm going to try. Robert, do you have any better explanation or actually anything different to say what's taking Sprint so long in Denver? I mean the contractors not Sprint. I know backhaul has been the biggest issue, has that changed or is backhaul pretty much done? Thanks.

Jeff.

I'm sure this can't be answered with certainty but I'm going to try. Robert, do you have any better explanation or actually anything different to say what's taking Sprint so long in Denver? I mean the contractors not Sprint. I know backhaul has been the biggest issue, has that changed or is backhaul pretty much done? Thanks.

Jeff.

In Denver, the biggest issue is firing up NV 3G clusters, not backhaul.  Most sites in Denver already have Network Vision equipment installed.  But they have to stay on legacy network until each cluster is fully ready without any problems.  

There are many clusters in the Denver area.  Each cluster has about 20-25 sites in it.  They probably have some clusters that are completed.  However, depending on where the transitions between clusters are located, they may not be able to bring them online without the others.  Because the call drop rate may be too high between new clusters and legacy clusters.  It sounds like they feel like they have to wait until all or most of the clusters can come online.

When they start bringing clusters online, then NV 3G sites that also already have their backhaul upgraded too will come live with LTE at the same time, or shortly thereafter.  And the remaining sites without backhaul upgraded will come online one at a time after the cluster launch as they become ready.  Also, all the B41 sites will instantly become available to Triband smartphones in the clusters where NV 3G goes live.

I hope that because it is so late, that they have been able to get way ahead on backhaul.  It sure seems that Denver could probably come online with 50% or more of its sites with LTE when the clusters start launching.  Maybe even more, if backhaul was started around the same time as Colorado Springs.  But a Triband phone with B41 and B25 will probably feel pretty good around Denver when all the clusters start going live.  

And since they have started B26 deployment in Colorado already, they may even start going live with B26 out of the gate too.  Much like what has happened in Scranton.

Robert

• Like 4

It sounds like they are fairly confident that the cluster issues will be fixed by June with the announcement that Denver will be online by then. It would be a pretty bad PR FUBAR if they failed to deliver on that. Hopefully they built in some buffer on that date and really hope to be online perhaps a month sooner. We can only hope!

It sounds like they are fairly confident that the cluster issues will be fixed by June with the announcement that Denver will be online by then. It would be a pretty bad PR FUBAR if they failed to deliver on that. Hopefully they built in some buffer on that date and really hope to be online perhaps a month sooner. We can only hope!

This is true. It is very rare for Sprint to come out and announce a date specific for a city in advance. Even with all the claims Sprint promised them LTE last year, Sprint on an official level never said that. But this time they did and are on record.

I think we can all feel comfortable that Sprint believes they'll have a majority of clusters launched by the end of June and all the sites within them that have backhaul ready to be broadcasting LTE.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

That was awesome. Thanks Robert. That makes perfect sense and answered everything. That would be fantastic if band 41 comes online around same time. Again Robert thanks a bunch. You couldn't of said it any better

I interrupt this productive and helpful thread to mention my phone has only displayed "Extended" since yesterday in and around Glendale and along Leetsdale.  Is it sad that I now view things like that as positive signs?

Yeah... I'd trade places with you guys on the front-range in a heart beat; even tho we have more

Band 25 towers broadcasting here in the LV metro area we're probably a year behind you guys in

having Bands 41 & 26 for a total coverage model that you will soon enjoy...seems like all eyes are on

Denver as "Spark" soon becomes a reality...enjoy...we'll be watching!!!

On a side note, has anyone with a Nexus 5 successfully connected to a B41 site in the Denver area?

I was able to connect to B41 downtown by forcing LTE mode.  It was great, but have not been able to get the connection a second time.

Yeah... I'd trade places with you guys on the front-range in a heart beat; even tho we have more

Band 25 towers broadcasting here in the LV metro area we're probably a year behind you guys in

having Bands 41 & 26 for a total coverage model that you will soon enjoy...seems like all eyes are on

Denver as "Spark" soon becomes a reality...enjoy...we'll be watching!!!

Band 41 permitting/deployment should be underway in Las Vegas if not now, then shortly. I would expect aggressive Band 26 deployment to be underway there by this summer, if not sooner. Once they've got the carriers cards and crews in place, Sprint is going to want to get B26 to as many B25 active sites as possible, as quickly as possible.

• Like 1

In Denver, the biggest issue is firing up NV 3G clusters, not backhaul.  Most sites in Denver already have Network Vision equipment installed.  But they have to stay on legacy network until each cluster is fully ready without any problems.  

There are many clusters in the Denver area.  Each cluster has about 20-25 sites in it.  They probably have some clusters that are completed.  However, depending on where the transitions between clusters are located, they may not be able to bring them online without the others.  Because the call drop rate may be too high between new clusters and legacy clusters.  It sounds like they feel like they have to wait until all or most of the clusters can come online.

When they start bringing clusters online, then NV 3G sites that also already have their backhaul upgraded too will come live with LTE at the same time, or shortly thereafter.  And the remaining sites without backhaul upgraded will come online one at a time after the cluster launch as they become ready.  Also, all the B41 sites will instantly become available to Triband smartphones in the clusters where NV 3G goes live.

I hope that because it is so late, that they have been able to get way ahead on backhaul.  It sure seems that Denver could probably come online with 50% or more of its sites with LTE when the clusters start launching.  Maybe even more, if backhaul was started around the same time as Colorado Springs.  But a Triband phone with B41 and B25 will probably feel pretty good around Denver when all the clusters start going live.  

And since they have started B26 deployment in Colorado already, they may even start going live with B26 out of the gate too.  Much like what has happened in Scranton.

Robert

One of the best, well thought out responses as per what you think is going on, that I've heard in the past year (besides your response about the Gm with sprint's comments the other day). Thanks Robert

• Like 2

I was able to connect to B41 downtown by forcing LTE mode. It was great, but have not been able to get the connection a second time.

I sat about 1/2 mile from a known B41 site and tried different radios and different tricks and I could never get a connection, even though the LTE engineering screen showed a B41 signal at about -75dBm. This is in a B25 null area as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Band 41 permitting/deployment should be underway in Las Vegas if not now, then shortly. I would expect aggressive Band 26 deployment to be underway there by this summer, if not sooner. Once they've got the carriers cards and crews in place, Sprint is going to want to get B26 to as many B25 active sites as possible, as quickly as possible.

We have on B41 permit shown in the B41 Maps thread in the Las Vegas Valley.  :tu:

Robert

I sat about 1/2 mile from a known B41 site and tried different radios and different tricks and I could never get a connection, even though the LTE engineering screen showed a B41 signal at about -75dBm. This is in a B25 null area as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Have you unlocked your radios using your MSL?