Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

So i pre ordered my galaxy s5 today and a rep said it would be able to connect to wimax. I can't find anything on this elsewhere. Does anyone know if this is true? I know b41 is the same or similar to wimax but wasn't sure if a spark phone could connect to both. Thanks

So i pre ordered my galaxy s5 today and a rep said it would be able to connect to wimax. I can't find anything on this elsewhere. Does anyone know if this is true? I know b41 is the same or similar to wimax but wasn't sure if a spark phone could connect to both. Thanks

It cannot connect to WiMax.  However, it can connect to B41 LTE that is present on many WiMax towers in the Denver area.  But it can only do that automatically if new 3G upgrades have been completed around them allowing CSFB to work properly.

Robert

So this happened tonight on B25. I was admittedly close to the tower, but not standing right under it. I was thrilled.attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1395715677825.jpgattachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1395715688198.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wow! 30Mbps on Band 25 thats pretty fast!!!

• Like 1

Thanks all for the continuing updates on the progress. Just wondering if we have anything to look forward to prior to the June deadline set by Sprint recently. It's so frustrating to have little to no usable data coverage in the middle of downtown Denver, I know we're all experiencing the same thing and it will (hopefully) be worth it once we finally get turned on here. Thanks!

Thanks all for the continuing updates on the progress. Just wondering if we have anything to look forward to prior to the June deadline set by Sprint recently. It's so frustrating to have little to no usable data coverage in the middle of downtown Denver, I know we're all experiencing the same thing and it will (hopefully) be worth it once we finally get turned on here. Thanks!

we've seen a couple of clusters come online within the last few days, so I'd say that indicates that we've got plenty to look forward to in the near future. Assuming the outside-in pattern continues I wouldn't expect downtown to be upgraded in the immediate future, but we're still seeing progress, which has me feeling optimistic, personally.
  • Like 1

Standing in a Sprint store downtown right now and a rep stated unequivocally to another customer that LTE should be fully deployed in Denver by the end of April. It's the corporate store too, not the Verity Wireless store.

Take it for what it's worth.

Standing in a Sprint store downtown right now and a rep stated unequivocally to another customer that LTE should be fully deployed in Denver by the end of April. It's the corporate store too, not the Verity Wireless store.Take it for what it's worth.Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think we all know how much that is worth. However, Sprint has publicly said the end of June , so that should be a good date. Not to say there won't be a lot of progress between now and the end of April, just doubtful it will be complete by then.

• Like 1

Standing in a Sprint store downtown right now and a rep stated unequivocally to another customer that LTE should be fully deployed in Denver by the end of April. It's the corporate store too, not the Verity Wireless store. Take it for what it's worth. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm taking June to the bank.

April, possible, but probably pushing it a bit. 

• Like 4

Standing in a Sprint store downtown right now and a rep stated unequivocally to another customer that LTE should be fully deployed in Denver by the end of April. It's the corporate store too, not the Verity Wireless store. Take it for what it's worth. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I think that will be a gift... Christmas presents early. I think it will be a litttttttle longer...... I am hoping for a June deployment as sprint has stated, and will be very happy to see it by then. We are seeing a lot of work progressing in Denver... Rock and roll....

Hey crimsonknightdx you dropped off the grid? Haven't seen you on the sponsor colorado thread for a couple of days... Thanks for all of your postings on sights. I've been working the south side of town. Santa

Not sure sure what band this is, but it has me really excited for things to come. At Wadsworth and Belleview. y9ezutum.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That my friend is band 41...... I am cranked as I work at Wadsworth and Tufts.

• Like 1

My guess is that by the end of April the metro area will be near 50-60% complete which might appear to the average user as complete.   Meaning that LTE will be relatively common in most suburban areas, a little patchy in places, etc.  Then by the end of June, 95% of the upgraded sites will be online and functioning as expected.  (This assumes that at any time at least 5% of sites require some kind of maintenance.)  That's just my guess based on watching the project so far but I could be waaaaay off.  I literally have zero expertise in this area. 

Hey crimsonknightdx you dropped off the grid? Haven't seen you on the sponsor colorado thread for a couple of days... Thanks for all of your postings on sights. I've been working the south side of town. Santa

Santa,

I am still here, on both, been reading the threads .. you guys are pretty busy on the south side. I haven't had the time to go tower hunting yet. Pretty hectic here. I am very excited to see you guys spot these upgrades, and to see the clusters starting to come on line!   Just hoping here on the north side of Denver it starts to pick up shortly.   Band 41 on 104th and Federal is a tease, hope I see 25/26 soon, especially in Niwot and Gun Barrel. 

A little disappointing at what I'm finding along the US 36 corridor. I've been looking at a few of the "brown dot"  sites and so far can't find any hints of NV installs. Makes me think the US36 NW corridor might be the last place in Denver Metro to light up.