Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Merlin gave us all hope. Whether it happened this weekend or 3 months from now., Merlin gave us hope..  We had an announcement yesterday. He wasn't that far off. My gut tells me with all of the New Vision sites, we are going to see this before the end of June.......

Merlin gave us all hope. Whether it happened this weekend or 3 months from now., Merlin gave us hope.. We had an announcement yesterday. He wasn't that far off. My gut tells me with all of the New Vision sites, we are going to see this before the end of June.......

Merlin did decrease the pessimism. It just sucks that he couldn't accept criticism positively without taking it serious.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Absent data coverage on Hampden/285 from Sheridan to Kipling and then up Kipling to Morrison this afternoon. I've always had decent coverage there previously.

Hey jay you'r working my stomping grounds! I have been having the same issues from Hamden and Wads to Sheridan and some days further east for the past week. am hoping a lot of work is going on on these sights. Santa 

Same problem last few days a little north of here in Lakewood near Green Mtn. 

Will find that out of the blue there is no data, while the voice signal is strong. 

Sometimes restarting the radios will fix it, sometimes not.  The other day it came

back immediately once I started digging through the ##DEBUG# menus (probably coincidence). 

Couple days before that I was losing voice completely  from my home for most of the day,

where I normally see 5 bars.    I guess I can be optimistic that this

means they're working on my tower, but doesn't change the fact that it's

really annoying.   No hint of LTE signal anywhere south or east of Roony Rd. yet.

Read the KDVR article... Dave Mellin.... Mellin, Merlin? Think on that.

Glad to see positive news coverage for Sprint. We need it bad.

Merlin was no one on the "Spokesperson" level. Think more like 'intern.'

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

That article is full of inaccuracies, just from Sprint. When Sprint is the source of so much misinformation, it sure is painful. Why did they say Spark will not be available until 4th quarter when it is available now? Why did they say they just start work last month, when they have been working for the past year?

They need to say, we have been upgrading towers for the last year. Most of them are complete or completing. They will be brought online in clusters to try to minimize impacts for our customers. Customers will start to see sporadic LTE signals over the next few months and we should have clusters online for more consistent and comprehensive service by June. We also already have Spark deployed on over 100 sites in the area. Currently Spark enabled hotspots can use these Spark sites. Spark capable smartphones will be able to start using them after the 3G upgrade cluster come online this summer. We are also bringing even more Spark sites online in the 4th Quarter.

Saying what I posted above in italics is not only honest and accurate, but it would be better received than the BS in the article. What is Sprint thinking??

• Like 2

Thank you for the article. A good find! Really detailed, and more in depth than Fox 31 did. 

"Sprint LTE is fully available in 340 markets nationwide, including Colorado Springs. The buildout in the core of Denver started last week. At each cell site along the route, the company is ripping out old equipment and replacing it with new gear.

"We're preparing so we can ride out the next 10 years with the system and continue to upgrade," Smith said.

He said Denver will receive Sprint Spark, the carrier's super-high-speed service, in the third quarter of 2014. Initially, Sprint Spark will deliver peak speeds of up to 60 megabits per second, with potential to reach a whopping 2 gigabits per second.

So we can say Merlin was a great benefit for us here in Denver? Anyways I think we will be up and running before June.

If you love lots of misinformation. Remember, that's why he left. S4GRU tolerated his misinformation for awhile, but when he was challenged with facts he ran away.

If you love lots of misinformation. Remember, that's why he left. S4GRU tolerated his misinformation for awhile, but when he was challenged with facts he ran away.

Exactly what I mean, Robert pretty much summed it up. 

That article is full of inaccuracies, just from Sprint. When Sprint is the source of so much misinformation, it sure is painful. Why did they say Spark will not be available until 4th quarter when it is available now? Why did they say they just start work last month, when they have been working for the past year?

They need to say, we have been upgrading towers for the last year. Most of them are complete or completing. They will be brought online in clusters to try to minimize impacts for our customers. Customers will start to see sporadic LTE signals over the next few months and we should have clusters online for more consistent and comprehensive service by June. We also already have Spark deployed on over 100 sites in the area. Currently Spark enabled hotspots can use these Spark sites. Spark capable smartphones will be able to start using them after the 3G upgrade cluster come online this summer. We are also bringing even more Spark sites online in the 4th Quarter.

Saying what I posted above in italics is not only honest and accurate, but it would be better received than the BS in the article. What is Sprint thinking??

Consider the possibility that the reporter drew inaccurate inferences from accurate information. The actual Sprint quotes in the article seem to fairly reflect the real-world situation, but fall short of being complete. It is the stuff outside of quotes, and from disgruntled and non-knowledgeable subs, which is incorrect.

Of course, we all know that newspaper reporters, with their in-depth technical training and knowledge, always get their stories right. (I would insert appropriate sarcasm smiley here, but I STILL can't find the damn things on this $%@ iPad "keyboard").

• Like 2

I noticed they quoted Smith, A Sprint General manager. It sounds like this is just some corporate store manager quoting some talking point they received that I have heard from my local store reps a few times now whenever I ask about the upgrades. They always talk about how Sprint is building from the outside in to make sure capacity is there or something unlike the other 3 carriers who build inside-> out and are all overloaded or something. 

Thank you for the article. A good find! Really detailed, and more in depth than Fox 31 did. 

"Sprint LTE is fully available in 340 markets nationwide, including Colorado Springs. The buildout in the core of Denver started last week. At each cell site along the route, the company is ripping out old equipment and replacing it with new gear.

That's one of my biggest problems with the article.  The buildout in the core of Denver began last year, not last week.

Robert

That's one of my biggest problems with the article.  The buildout in the core of Denver began last year, not last week.

Robert

Correct, I am wondering if they misinterpreted something here, and as I took it.. Denver saw the final stages before sites are being accepted. 

• Like 2

I noticed they quoted Smith, A Sprint General manager. It sounds like this is just some corporate store manager quoting some talking point they received that I have heard from my local store reps a few times now whenever I ask about the upgrades. They always talk about how Sprint is building from the outside in to make sure capacity is there or something unlike the other 3 carriers who build inside-> out and are all overloaded or something. 

No, Jonathan Smith isn't a retail store manager, he's quite a bit higher up than that. And he really does know his stuff. I think if he was being interviewed here, he'd have explained it just like Robert did a few posts back. I'm sure he was dumbing stuff down a little bit for the intended audience, and as someone else mentioned above, most of the misinformation in that article didn't come from Smith's quotes.

• Like 1

Yes, I probably have erred in assuming the information in the article that was not directly quoted from Sprint is accurately being reported. I accept it's possible that Sprint reported it correctly and the article writer mischaracterized it. I know better than to assume journalists are good in this day and age. I have to give enough room in my response to allow for journalistic malpractice. Something I'm quite used to around here. My apologies.

:blush:

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I wonder what will happen with sprint upgrade that son is looking to buy tmobile ? Sprint lost 2 million customers because it failed at upgrading its network. T mobile took one year to get lte how long for sprint ? How would sprint combine cdma and gsm ? Will they transmission everything to  lte 

Sprint has not failed at upgrading its network. Far from it. They're not even complete, so how could they have failed.

• Like 2

I wonder what will happen with sprint upgrade that son is looking to buy tmobile ? Sprint lost 2 million customers because it failed at upgrading its network. T mobile took one year to get lte how long for sprint ? How would sprint combine cdma and gsm ? Will they transmission everything to  lte

There is so much wrong with that post, there is not even anywhere to start.

• Like 1

Well sprint failed Denver and other large cities with an upgrade to lte. How many times we had heard that lte will be deployed by summer of 2013 ? So sprint sold tons of 1900 lte phones before lte was deployed so would make sense for sprint to install 800/1900 lte all over country. 

Well sprint failed Denver and other large cities with an upgrade to lte. How many times we had heard that lte will be deployed by summer of 2013 ? So sprint sold tons of 1900 lte phones before lte was deployed so would make sense for sprint to install 800/1900 lte all over country. 

Yes, Sprint has failed.  It's going to take as long as it's going to take.  If Sprint doesn't meet your needs, you should find another provider.  However, your post is on the line of violating the rules.  We do not host Sprint complaints.

Robert

• Like 5