Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

Hi there.  New forum member, though I've been lurking for a few months and finally decided to sign up.

Anyways, driving home this afternoon I saw two vans, unmarked, at a site by the US-36 and Federal interchange.  I believe I had seen updates posted on the Sprint coverage map at this location before the LTE upgrades began.  Also, a few months earlier I had seen a crew boring towards the site, probably providing the ingress point for the fiber back haul.  My phone has been randomly picking up LTE at home and dropping it right away.  I can pick up LTE in LTE only mode, doing around 5mbps dl and 1 mbps ul with practically no signal.  I'll upload pics later.  It's exciting I can get that kind of data on very weak signal, I can stream Netflix.  Can't wait for full coverage.

So is this the quiet before the storm or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably. With the recent clusters accepted and subsequent LTE activation, it looks like things are going to pick up quickly around the Denver metro area.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So is downtown Denver area a possibility by the end of April?

I certainly hope so, the data coverage has been unbearable lately. Had some good bursts of LTE on the way to DIA the other day but inside the airport itself nothing but mediocre 3G which I was kind of suprised about. You'd think getting an LTE signal in the airport would be a priority/pretty easy compared to launching towers throughout the city.

So is downtown Denver area a possibility by the end of April?

I certainly hope so, the data coverage has been unbearable lately. Had some good bursts of LTE on the way to DIA the other day but inside the airport itself nothing but mediocre 3G which I was kind of suprised about. You'd think getting an LTE signal in the airport would be a priority/pretty easy compared to launching towers throughout the city.

By the end of April isn't impossible, but I wouldn't count on it. More likely to be sometime in May. But we can hope!

• Like 1

According to this site www.cellularinsider.com/lirpa0114/jk  Sprint has announced the decision to move Denver's launch to 2015 siting "Denver already has too many things going for it.  When you considering the high standard of living, great geography and multiple professional sport franchises, we here at Sprint don't currently feel the Denver market wouldn't appreciate our Network enhancements nearly enough."

The Spokesperson goes on to say "Growing up in Cleveland and Kansas City, I felt it would be irresponsible for Sprint to launch LTE in Denver despite the majority of our sites being near completion."

• Like 4

According to this site www.cellularinsider.com/lirpa0114/jk  Sprint has announced the decision to move Denver's launch to 2015 siting "Denver already has too many things going for it.  When you considering the high standard of living, great geography and multiple professional sport franchises, we here at Sprint don't currently feel the Denver market wouldn't appreciate our Network enhancements nearly enough."

The Spokesperson goes on to say "Growing up in Cleveland and Kansas City, I felt it would be irresponsible for Sprint to launch LTE in Denver despite the majority of our sites being near completion."

Oh wow. that was a good one lol.

• Like 1

Haha, I started giggling at "Denver already has too many things going for it".

According to this site www.cellularinsider.com/lirpa0114/jk Sprint has announced the decision to move Denver's launch to 2015 siting "Denver already has too many things going for it. When you considering the high standard of living, great geography and multiple professional sport franchises, we here at Sprint don't currently feel the Denver market wouldn't appreciate our Network enhancements nearly enough."

April's fools :D:huh:

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

The sites are real. It will be interesting to see how fast they to to 4Glte, or 4glte and 1x800 (for voice).. Don't know about you, but I'll be watching, waiting and hoping!

Most of the sites I've seen have been live with 1x800 voice as soon as they are accepted for NV.

• Like 1

The sites are real. It will be interesting to see how fast they to to 4Glte, or 4glte and 1x800 (for voice).. Don't know about you, but I'll be watching, waiting and hoping!

1x800 comes simultaneously with any 3G acceptance on any full build site.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1