Network Vision/LTE - Colorado Market (Denver/Colo Springs/Fort Collins/Pueblo/Grand Jct)

Craig

i Keep dropping the LTE signal i have to re enable "LTE to get connected again this is near SE Aurora getting around -118 1 bar of signal

Question: Does lte have better building penertration then 3G (1900mhz)?

Question: Hey robert if you see this could you please check your messages Thanks.

LTE is notoriously worse at building penetration (at least standard b25 or any other high frequency spectrum). Its a more fragile airlink and quickly becomes less usable the worse your signal gets.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Its been a while since IVe read or posted this, so please excuse me if this is old news.  I got 4g LTE at Chambers and Mississippi in Aurora this morning.  It has flipped back and forth between 3g and 4g several times today.  I ran a speed test while on LTE and got speeds of 0.31 Mbps, which is abysmal, but a step in the right direction.

I stopped by a sprin store this week and talked with a rep there.  He was able to pull up and show me info on their store PC that showed me which towers I am hitting (% of the time), and a Month and Year next to that.  I live near the Mississippi and Chambers tower and I'm hitting that 77% of the time.  The screen said April 2014.  And another 20% of the time is near my work at Santa Fe and Evans, and the date for that to go 4g was June 2014. There were 4-5 other towers on the list that I have hit and they all said June 2014.  

So hopefully soon.  Real soon.

• Like 1

Its been a while since IVe read or posted this, so please excuse me if this is old news.  I got 4g LTE at Chambers and Mississippi in Aurora this morning.  It has flipped back and forth between 3g and 4g several times today.  I ran a speed test while on LTE and got speeds of 0.31 Mbps, which is abysmal, but a step in the right direction.

I stopped by a sprin store this week and talked with a rep there.  He was able to pull up and show me info on their store PC that showed me which towers I am hitting (% of the time), and a Month and Year next to that.  I live near the Mississippi and Chambers tower and I'm hitting that 77% of the time.  The screen said April 2014.  And another 20% of the time is near my work at Santa Fe and Evans, and the date for that to go 4g was June 2014. There were 4-5 other towers on the list that I have hit and they all said June 2014.  

So hopefully soon.  Real soon.

co_iso, I think you are going to be a happy camper much sooner than later..... best wishes. Santa

• Like 1

Today I was at hildebrand ranch park Jefferson open space just across from Wadsworth blvd and I got full strength lte and I used to ge only 3g speeds there. I got 22 mb/s download speeds.  So this sunday anyone who wants to enjoy lte can take their family for a hike around the area.

• Like 2

Today I was at hildebrand ranch park Jefferson open space just across from Wadsworth blvd and I got full strength lte and I used to ge only 3g speeds there. I got 22 mb/s download speeds.  So this sunday anyone who wants to enjoy lte can take their family for a hike around the area.

22 mbs is  huge... You should get 4g speeds around Chatfield resevoir.  Additionally, Golden, Thornton, Caste Rock, Parker, and Parker and 225 are starting to see lte. Thanks and enjoy....Triton... Santa

i Keep dropping the LTE signal i have to re enable "LTE to get connected again this is near SE Aurora getting around -118 1 bar of signal 

Question: Does lte have better building penertration then 3G (1900mhz)?

Question: Hey robert if you see this could you please check your messages Thanks. 

LTE is notoriously worse at building penetration (at least standard b25 or any other high frequency spectrum). Its a more fragile airlink and quickly becomes less usable the worse your signal gets.

LTE isn't "notoriously worse" than EVDO. It propagates at the same rate. However, it does require a slightly stronger signal to work. Therefore, if you have a very weak EVDO signal, you're chances of seeing Band 25 LTE at that location, are lower. Once Band 26 LTE goes live, you should be fine. But you will need a tri-band device for that.

• Like 3

LTE isn't "notoriously worse" than EVDO. It propagates at the same rate. However, it does require a slightly stronger signal to work. Therefore, if you have a very weak EVDO signal, you're chances of seeing Band 25 LTE at that location, are lower. Once Band 26 LTE goes live, you should be fine. But you will need a tri-band device for that.

I meant to say its known to be worse (for the reasons you stated). I guess I mistyped and it corrected to notoriously...that's funny.

I meant to say its known to be worse (for the reasons you stated). I guess I mistyped and it corrected to notoriously...that's funny.

Well that is a funny auto correct :lol:

I've been driving around south Broomfield (120th and main , and 136th and Sheridan )area and I've haven't lost LTE all morning! First time I've ever had it west of I25

Check out the latest update in the Sponsor thread and you'll see why ;)

• Like 1

Who's Dave?

Lte I think you answered your own question. You have an awfully weak signal there. To me that explains why you have to force it. I have -90 to 95 at my house, and 1/2 the time it auto connects, and 1/2 of the time I have to do airplane. As David answered in another thread, this is all new, and it will probably be some months before things stabilize. It's still exciting!

• Like 1

Lte I think you answered your own question. You have an awfully weak signal there. To me that explains why you have to force it. I have -90 to 95 at my house, and 1/2 the time it auto connects, and 1/2 of the time I have to do airplane. As David answered in another thread, this is all new, and it will probably be some months before things stabilize. It's still exciting!

Thanks Santa!

Like most of you, noticed I've started randomly picking up sporadic 4G in spots over the course of the past week or so (Aurora).  Can't speak for anyone else, but my "regular" network connection has been downright awful the past several weeks, so I'm hoping this is a temporary hiccup while LTE is being pushed.

Just saw an article from the Denver Post where Sprint is saying full 4G rollout in Denver by June.

One issue I've encountered is constantly dropping calls when my phone switches from 3G to 4G and vice versa.  Anyone else having this issue?  Given how spotty 4G currently is, this has been very frustrating.

Like most of you, noticed I've started randomly picking up sporadic 4G in spots over the course of the past week or so (Aurora).  Can't speak for anyone else, but my "regular" network connection has been downright awful the past several weeks, so I'm hoping this is a temporary hiccup while LTE is being pushed.

Just saw an article from the Denver Post where Sprint is saying full 4G rollout in Denver by June.

One issue I've encountered is constantly dropping calls when my phone switches from 3G to 4G and vice versa.  Anyone else having this issue?  Given how spotty 4G currently is, this has been very frustrating.

First of all, welcome to S4GRU!

You've come in at a very exciting time for the Denver area. The Network Vision project has just reached it's critical point for you all, and things are going to be getting much better here soon.

That being said, the next couple of weeks, even another month or so, is going to be very rough. In your particular area, there are two completely different networks running. And they don't play nice together. This project involves completely replacing all of the equipment that is used. The old, legacy, equipment does not work well with the NV, new, Samsung equipment. This results in dropped calls and funky data sessions as you move from an area that has NV equipment, to an area that has legacy equipment.

Additionally, only a few sites have LTE running on them right now. That's creating little islands of LTE. As more sites come online, that coverage footprint will fill out. In the mean time, it will be a little rough. 

However, if you have a Tri-band, Spark, device, you can take advantage of the Spark network now running over most of Denver. You just have to set your device to LTE only for now.

• Like 2