5 hours ago, NanoVirus said:

Hopefully VOLTE will be included in that update if not earlier.

Just received the November 1 security update for my UNLOCKED s9.   No VOLTE.   No 25+41 aggregation either. The last few updates did absolutely NOTHING that is visible to me.

• Sad 1
  • Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got the first Android 10 beta update for my S9, and it had the VOLTE toggle on it. Hurray

August security patch is out ARH3, 270mb  

Got a chance to compare the GS9 against the V20's radio.  Holy Jesus! The GS9+'s radio performance is in another stratosphere! 30-60% better speeds on average. Also holds onto B41 quite a bit mor

Posted Images

Just received the November 1 security update for my UNLOCKED s9.   No VOLTE.   No 25+41 aggregation either. The last few updates did absolutely NOTHING that is visible to me.
Sameff09d66542c16a4f028bf87906e9e20a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
I gave up on the S9 plus. Got the Note 10 plus on Monday. Awesome device. Great sale at Best Buy. May be over now but even included upgraders like me. Fyi 
How much did you pay for your note 10+?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tengen31 said:

How much did you pay for your note 10+?

It was $650 I believe.  I chose to finance it rather than pay out right. Awesome deal.

It was $650 I believe.  I chose to finance it rather than pay out right. Awesome deal.

Did you have to trade in your S9+? I was looking at it but they were so busy it was a 3 hour wait to talk to someone 

• Like 1
Just got the first Android 10 beta update for my S9, and it had the VOLTE toggle on it. Hurray
[emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Have you had any opportunity to test with it?
Any ideas on how far behind the related non-beta updates have been running?

[emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I don't think this calls for a wink my friend. 14 months after the S8 is not good. Also it is killing Sprints rootmetrics scores because they are using the S9 and are missing out on all kinds of features not enabled crippling Sprint results. They are likely using calling plus which we all know is terrible. But better late than never I guess.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, SturgeonGeneral said:

Have you had any opportunity to test with it?
Any ideas on how far behind the related non-beta updates have been running?

So far it seems pretty stable, only issue I've noticed so far is that Google Pay thinks it's "uncertified software" and wont work. Maybe a little less battery life, but its too soon to tell. It's got the December Security patch and a Dec 6 date on the kernal, so it's fresh out of the oven. 

On 12/11/2019 at 9:21 AM, narf said:

By the way, although I have VoLTE turned on, It doesn't actually work yet. I'm in Boulder county Colorado which I think has VoLTE activated. 

By the way, although I have VoLTE turned on, It doesn't actually work yet. I'm in Boulder county Colorado which I think has VoLTE activated. 
I was just in Boulder yesterday. It works and also more than that works. You have 4xca interband active there too. 25/b41+b41+b41 is active.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, livetaswim06 said:

I just got the One UI 2 beta with Dec security patch on unlocked s9. I toggled VoLTE on and it works! Just wondering why there is no icon to indicate that it is active. 

How can you be sure your call is going over VoLTE? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, livetaswim06 said:

I disabled WiFi and browsed the internet while on a call. Which should be impossible without VoLTE.

Or calling+

1 minute ago, livetaswim06 said:

I don't believe unlocked devices had calling plus. Either way I never did.

My unlocked S9 had calling plus on Android 9, but I don't see it in the menus anymore. You might be onto something. Wish there was some sort of icon to tell for sure.

I just got the One UI 2 beta with Dec security patch on unlocked s9. I toggled VoLTE on and it works! Just wondering why there is no icon to indicate that it is active. 
Where can I this update for my S9?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, mnjeepmale said:

Where can I this update for my S9?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's a beta program offered through the Samsung Members app. If it's still available you will see a banner offering a signup on the opening page of the app. It's beta,so not everything is perfect and Google pay won't work. 

The official version is supposed to be available in a few weeks. 

3 hours ago, narf said:

It's a beta program offered through the Samsung Members app. If it's still available you will see a banner offering a signup on the opening page of the app. It's beta,so not everything is perfect and Google pay won't work. 

The official version is supposed to be available in a few weeks. 

Official won't be for a few months I expect as beta just launched a week ago. Also when you are accepted nothing happens. You need to go to manually check for updates and you will get the beta software. 

I was able to use maps while on a call driving home so for sure volte is working! 

Also, battery life seems to be very significantly improved. Not sure if this is just this early beta or not, but it's improved at least 50 percent. Other users are reporting same in beta app. 

Edited by livetaswim06