Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

46 minutes ago, sunmybun said:

family member's sprint s9+ got volte after android 10 update 😃

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Were they on the Beta or did they get the official update?

4 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Beta users was moved off of beta and got the official update.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

I wasn't sure if Sprint had started pushing it out yet. Still nothing for me, phone is still happy with Dec 1st update.

Beta users was moved off of beta and got the official update.

With this update are they seeing any other CA combos like this S10 currently has enabled?

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Were they on the Beta or did they get the official update?
he was on official. and got the official update by checking the software update

With this update are they seeing any other CA combos like this S10 currently has enabled? 

i dont remember the exact combos but there is alot. even b66 b4 b12 and etc plus the main sprint ones

he was on official. and got the official update by checking the software update

Hopefully mine will finally get it soon. 1b1e0a033925c8ca80a0cdb53b09527a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hopefully mine will finally get it soon. 1b1e0a033925c8ca80a0cdb53b09527a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

oh you are on regular carrier U firmware, thats why.
i think xfinity branded phones got it already.
i dont know if sprint or other carriers pushed it yet

Downloading  G960U1UEU7DTA5  Right now on my UNLOCKED S9 on Sprint  Android 10 One UI2  January 1 Patch level

1836.68 MB     I asked if an update was available, and there it was.

EDITED-- do not start this download and update unless you can babysit it for awhile. This one takes some time.

EDITED AGAIN  - Now see 3 Channel download Carrier Aggregation  on B-41 Download. Never had that before.

I do have all the good new Aggregation options, but the new ones we need like 25+41 are NOT checked.

Signal Check Pro does show 20+20+15 and that is correct for this location.  Engineering Screen does verify it.

• Like 2

I guess I'm underwhelmed, WiFi calling is back, lte data rates especially uploads are no better than before, connected to a call they're even worse as expected.  I suppose this explains the network performance degradation around here.  The world is using the data network for voice and now the data network is taxed beyond limits.  This ought to be worse than before for College World Series and football game days in Lincoln.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SturgeonGeneral said:

I guess I'm underwhelmed, WiFi calling is back, lte data rates especially uploads are no better than before, connected to a call they're even worse as expected.  I suppose this explains the network performance degradation around here.  The world is using the data network for voice and now the data network is taxed beyond limits.  This ought to be worse than before for College World Series and football game days in Lincoln.

Agreed.  Underwhelmed.  VOLTE is enabled and it may work for some, but not in my home.  Band 41 is in my home at a -112 or worse.  On VOLTE, I get drops on my transmit because the phone can not reach the cell site.  I enabled some of the carrier aggregation options like 25+41.  While I was able to add the check mark to enable it, it sure does not appear to be working.  If it is working, I can not prove it.  It sure does not make VOLTE work on band 41. On a VOLTE call, I show band 41 3xCA download but only one B41 upload. Of course, VOLTE does not work well using band 41 upload when you are on the fringe. Band 41 probably works fine for VOLTE if you are close to the cell site, but it sure does not work my home without some upload.   Are we ever going to see any VOLTE that uses band 25 or band 26 for upload and band 41 for download??? 

I will be using CDMA for  along time maybe.  I have b41 everywhere, but as soon as I go into a building, the phone still hangs on to the band 41 sometimes down to -130.   When it does this, no data of any kind can be uploaded. Therefore no VOLTE inside many buildings but CDMA does still work.  I am about ready to just turn band 41 off.

Agreed.  Underwhelmed.  VOLTE is enabled and it may work for some, but not in my home.  Band 41 is in my home at a -112 or worse.  On VOLTE, I get drops on my transmit because the phone can not reach the cell site.  I enabled some of the carrier aggregation options like 25+41.  While I was able to add the check mark to enable it, it sure does not appear to be working.  If it is working, I can not prove it.  It sure does not make VOLTE work on band 41. On a VOLTE call, I show band 41 3xCA download but only one B41 upload. Of course, VOLTE does not work well using band 41 upload when you are on the fringe. Band 41 probably works fine for VOLTE if you are close to the cell site, but it sure does not work my home without some upload.   Are we ever going to see any VOLTE that uses band 25 or band 26 for upload and band 41 for download??? 
I will be using CDMA for  along time maybe.  I have b41 everywhere, but as soon as I go into a building, the phone still hangs on to the band 41 sometimes down to -130.   When it does this, no data of any kind can be uploaded. Therefore no VOLTE inside many buildings but CDMA does still work.  I am about ready to just turn band 41 off.
If your in a Ericsson market it wont work. Samsung market is where 25+41 is working.

10 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

If your in a Ericsson market it wont work. Samsung market is where 25+41 is working.

I am in Shentel, Probably still Alcatel/Lucent from way back.  Hopefully the problem is being addressed.  It is a major issue.

It is great that Shentel has b41 working fine on the downloads but band 25 is really really needed for uploads. This problem is very serious and causing people to depart for another carrier.  The next one could be me.

16 hours ago, SturgeonGeneral said:

Know anyone with an S10 or Note 10 on Sprint that you can compare results with?

1 hour ago, SturgeonGeneral said:

Not until I get down to Havasu in a month.

Please report your findings, both upload and download in several different areas at the same time.

I could sure use a trip to Havasu in a month :D

My AT&T S9+ got the android 10 update last night. Haven't noticed much different yet. 
Is yours the carrier model or unlocked model?

• Like 1

On 2/5/2020 at 9:44 AM, mdob07 said:

My AT&T S9+ got the android 10 update last night. Haven't noticed much different yet. 

My Sprint S9+ is still saying no update available. I want to test VoLTE..... 😞 

On 2/6/2020 at 10:52 PM, mdob07 said:

My Sprint S9+ is still saying no update available. I want to test VoLTE..... 😞 

Interesting since Sprint texted me that my S9 received a text that Calling Plus will be disabled this week in favor of Volte which will replace it on my phone.  WiFi calling in my home is crap and I  disabled it.  
Can I disable Volte too?   In case it matters, my S9 was purchased in a Sprint store.

Interesting since Sprint texted me that my S9 received a text that Calling Plus will be disabled this week in favor of Volte which will replace it on my phone.  WiFi calling in my home is crap and I  disabled it.  
Can I disable Volte too?   In case it matters, my S9 was purchased in a Sprint store.
Yeah go to settings, then connections then voice networks

I had the S9+, upgraded to Note 10+. Quickly killed VoLTE. Calls on 1x are amazingly more reliable and penetrate very deep into buildings and even basements. Perfectly clear. On LTE? I'm lucky to make it 15 or 20 feet inside of a building and the call breaks up and cuts out entirely.  They'd better leave that as an option for the foreseeable future or until Tmo sweeps in and works their magic. 

• Like 1