Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

I am having problems with Samsung Pay on my Galaxy S9.  Where on that phone model is the NFC antenna?  Any tips on how to make Samsung Pay work more reliably?
Look into the sales terminal credit card swipe slot and look for the magnetic card reader head inside. Put the center of the back of the phone over that point and slowly move the phone back and forth along the card slot. Sometimes a circular swirl outwards also works. Mentally note where the phone is when you have a success and use that as a starting point every time.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, SturgeonGeneral said:

Another slow to release update. Either they're having problems again or they're adding something useful.

Both Sprint and Samsung should be embarrassed at how poorly the s9 has been treated since its release.  VOLTE has been ignored.  Many of the carrier aggregation options have been ignored.   Something abnormal is going on with this phone.  I will be looking at other brands when my s9 dies.   The older s8  was updated much better then the newer s9.  

3 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Welcome to the VoLTE club!!

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

Yep. I'm surprised I got it that fast, usually it's a week or two after an update is released before my unlocked phone can download it. I've been checking everyday. 

14 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

Welcome to the VoLTE club!!

Oh, that update bring VoLTE to the S9?  nice.

Hopefully that means Sprint will OFFICIALLY announce a nationwide release of VoLTE soon

40 minutes ago, Terrell352 said:

I was just trolling for Halloween emoji23.png

When I saw it was over 400 MB update I though for sure it was this one. Negative, still just calling plus.

I was told that the S9 was getting VOLTE update. I'm using att right now waiting to see if it updated so the unlocked model can use their VOLTE and not HSPA+ for calls

When I saw it was over 400 MB update I though for sure it was this one. Negative, still just calling plus.
A member of S4GRU told me they the S9 was getting VOLTE in 2-3 weeks

• Like 1

Fake news I guess [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That was just a few days ago. So it hasn't been 2-3 weeks yet

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

I'm using att right now waiting to see if it updated so the unlocked model can use their VOLTE and not HSPA+ for calls

As far as I know they still don't allow unlocked phones to use VoLTE among other things. My mom's factory unlocked S9+ can't use VoLTE, Wifi calling, or advanced messaging. 

As far as I know they still don't allow unlocked phones to use VoLTE among other things. My mom's factory unlocked S9+ can't use VoLTE, Wifi calling, or advanced messaging. 
If you're talking about AT&T. I have a 1 + 7 pro on AT&T and I get voice over LTE access.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Yep. Same here. On T-Mobile,vzw and Sprint I had WiFi calling and VOLTE on T-Mobile and vzw on my unlocked S9+

If you're talking about AT&T. I have a 1 + 7 pro on AT&T and I get voice over LTE access.

S9 line up still doesn't have it. iPhones and pixel do. Also is yours a att model or factory unlocked? For a long time they didn't allow it on any unlocked phones. They are starting to now tho

Yep. Same here. On T-Mobile,vzw and Sprint I had WiFi calling and VOLTE on T-Mobile and vzw on my unlocked S9+

With AT&T I have voice over LTE access but not Wi-Fi calling on my OnePlus 7 pro. And I heard that with even the pixel four phones AT&T doesn't even support Wi-Fi calling or volte. att needs to get with the game. Sprint supports it so why not AT&T?

With AT&T I have voice over LTE access but not Wi-Fi calling on my OnePlus 7 pro. And I heard that with even the pixel four phones AT&T doesn't even support Wi-Fi calling or volte. att needs to get with the game. Sprint supports it so why not AT&T?

Yeah I might just go back to vzws Visible. Unlimited everything 40 bucks a month taxes and fees included and both wifi calling and VOLTE. No issues.

Yeah I might just go back to vzws Visible. Unlimited everything 40 bucks a month taxes and fees included and both wifi calling and VOLTE. No issues.

AT&T is so archaic it's not even funny. Sprint in my opinion with their unlock phone policy is better than them. But I'm in the market for a phone would you still recommend the Galaxy s9 even in 2019?

AT&T is so archaic it's not even funny. Sprint in my opinion with their unlock phone policy is better than them. But I'm in the market for a phone would you still recommend the Galaxy s9 even in 2019?

Yeah. It's supports 256 qam 64 up. 3-5 times CA. My works great. Don't have have the money for a new phone. Only thing with the unlocked model and Sprint is that 25+41 isn't supported where the Sprint model might be. Not sure how it works with the S10 Sprint vs unlocked. For att the S9 doesn't aggregated with B14.

Yeah. It's supports 256 qam 64 up. 3-5 times CA. My works great. Don't have have the money for a new phone. Only thing with the unlocked model and Sprint is that 25+41 isn't supported where the Sprint model might be. Not sure how it works with the S10 Sprint vs unlocked. For att the S9 doesn't aggregated with B14.

Then I have made my choice I will get the Galaxy s9. I appreciate the help.