Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

Then I have made my choice I will get the Galaxy s9. I appreciate the help.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

If you can do the Plus model or the note 9. Just my opinion

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I will try the plus model I'll see if I can get it.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

I don't know if you want this but Sprint has a pre-owned modelcda1cabdfb500a3e3e0da771168eaad1.jpg

5 hours ago, mdob07 said:

As far as I know they still don't allow unlocked phones to use VoLTE among other things. My mom's factory unlocked S9+ can't use VoLTE, Wifi calling, or advanced messaging. 

Yes it can. You can use RCS through Google Messages and WiFi Calling is available in the dialer settings instead of under Connection settings. The only thing the unlocked variant of the S9 lacks is VoLTE. On the unlocked S10, you get all three.

• Like 1

Just received the OCT update for my s9 UNLOCKED.  No changes are apparent. No VOLTE.   No improved carrier aggregation options.

Samsung-----You are looking bad, very bad.   The Oct update is pushed on November 1.  Late and it looks worthless.  Nothing gained unless it is hidden.

Just received the OCT update for my s9 UNLOCKED.  No changes are apparent. No VOLTE.   No improved carrier aggregation options.
Samsung-----You are looking bad, very bad.   The Oct update is pushed on November 1.  Late and it looks worthless.  Nothing gained unless it is hidden.
Samsung or Sprint?

Meanwhile the S10 series just got the November 1 update on November 1. The S10 5G got a bunch of new features over 1GB a few days ago. Mostly Note 10 features like dynamic wallpaper.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Meanwhile the S10 series just got the November 1 update on November 1. The S10 5G got a bunch of new features over 1GB a few days ago. Mostly Note 10 features like dynamic wallpaper.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

Yeah I got the update on my phone and still no VOLTE support for att. Fudge. Back to VZW at some point or Sprint if they allow it

25 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Samsung or Sprint?

Not sure exactly what you are asking here, but it is a UNLOCKED s9 purchased at Best Buy on the Sprint Network.

Not sure exactly what you are asking here, but it is a UNLOCKED s9 purchased at Best Buy on the Sprint Network.
Sorry is it a Samsung issue or Sprint for not getting those features?

26 minutes ago, Tengen31 said:

Sorry is it a Samsung issue or Sprint for not getting those features?

Could be either or both. Why an s-8 would be ahead of a s9 in features does need answered?  I desperately need 25 + 41 aggregation. My s9 has band 41 about everywhere due to adequate cell sites that are spaced correctly.   But while I have decent band 41 on the receive side, the phone desperately needs to do the upload on band 25.  Phone just hangs onto band 41 but little or no upload makes the service unusable. I am beginning to wonder if the s9 is ever going to be able to be upgraded to 25 + 41.  Beginning to wonder if VOLTE will ever appear on the s9.

Could be either or both. Why an s-8 would be ahead of a s9 in features does need answered?  I desperately need 25 + 41 aggregation. My s9 has band 41 about everywhere due to adequate cell sites that are spaced correctly.   But while I have decent band 41 on the receive side, the phone desperately needs to do the upload on band 25.  Phone just hangs onto band 41 but little or no upload makes the service unusable. I am beginning to wonder if the s9 is ever going to be able to be upgraded to 25 + 41.  Beginning to wonder if VOLTE will ever appear on the s9.

I was told 2-3 weeks for VOLTE so we will see

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

I'm not sure I buy that but I also don't really need it. But I do really want to know what the issue is with this damn phone that the prior and post generations could do it but the 9 can't. Like, what the actual F?

VoLTE is coming to the GS9. Work is underway now to transition from Calling Plus to VoLTE. It was likely supposed to get it sooner, until work on VoLTE was stopped last year. 

1 minute ago, Dkoellerwx said:

VoLTE is coming to the GS9. Work is underway now to transition from Calling Plus to VoLTE. It was likely supposed to get it sooner, until work on VoLTE was stopped last year. 

Was stoppage on said work related to the (possibly/maybe/who knows) pending Tmo merger?

• 2 weeks later...
The One UI 2 beta got released for the S9 and S9+ in India, Canada, and South Korea. Hopefully it comes to the U.S. soon
Feb 2020 for the S9 in the us892aec57317bafd42ff0419db7c12ab5.jpg