Galaxy S9 Series user thread

SturgeonGeneral

10 hours ago, livetaswim06 said:

Official won't be for a few months I expect as beta just launched a week ago. Also when you are accepted nothing happens. You need to go to manually check for updates and you will get the beta software. 

I was able to use maps while on a call driving home so for sure volte is working! 

Also, battery life seems to be very significantly improved. Not sure if this is just this early beta or not, but it's improved at least 50 percent. Other users are reporting same in beta app. 

The roadmaps I've seen online show an official release in January. This beta seems pretty polished, I expect they found most of the bugs while building the S10 version. Samung moved to an official version on the S10 pretty fast, so maybe they will do the same for us. 

• Like 1

Was just able to download and install the Dec update for my S9.  AGAIN, no VOLTE, NO additional aggregation expansion.

AGAIN, after just a quick look, I see nothing that improved or changed.  Same old story for months.

If we can believe the rumors, the next update should make big improvements. 

1 hour ago, chamb said:

Was just able to download and install the Dec update for my S9.  AGAIN, no VOLTE, NO additional aggregation expansion.

AGAIN, after just a quick look, I see nothing that improved or changed.  Same old story for months.

If we can believe the rumors, the next update should make big improvements. 

The One UI beta has all those features. So expect it once that update is finally pushed in its final form. Also, no way in hell it's gonna be a 179mb update.

This is the Beta 2 update for Android 10. They seem be be coming out about once a week.  It has VoLTE and additional aggregation, although they are both turned off by default. Just a few weeks away from final!

2019-12-27 10.04.42.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

New Beta update this evening, this would be beta 3. Short list of fixes, note that there is a now a VoLTE icon when VoLTE is enabled. Should be pretty close to an offical release.

2020-01-05 22.11.46b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody that's not on the beta received the January security update? My Sprint S9+ is on the December 1st update and my AT&T S9+ is on the November 1st update. Both say they are up to date. I wonder if they're waiting on the official Android 10 release now instead of testing and approving more Pie updates. 

13 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Has anybody that's not on the beta received the January security update? My Sprint S9+ is on the December 1st update and my AT&T S9+ is on the November 1st update. Both say they are up to date. I wonder if they're waiting on the official Android 10 release now instead of testing and approving more Pie updates. 

An unofficial post on the OneUI2 beta community claims that the beta has gone final and has been released to the carriers for testing. I don't know how accurate this is but it's been a while (Jan 6) since we got a beta update. Since the original roadmap showed a January release, it's quite possible that the next update will include Android 10/OneUI2.

An unofficial post on the OneUI2 beta community claims that the beta has gone final and has been released to the carriers for testing. I don't know how accurate this is but it's been a while (Jan 6) since we got a beta update. Since the original roadmap showed a January release, it's quite possible that the next update will include Android 10/OneUI2.
I still can't believe the S8 got volte 15 months ago. I couldn't take calling plus anymore so I went S10 5G and never looked back. If you need to see how bad calling plus is look no further than rootmetrics calling scores that Sprint has been getting since they started using S9's.

Sent from my SM-G977P using Tapatalk

I still can't believe the S8 got volte 15 months ago. I couldn't take calling plus anymore so I went S10 5G and never looked back. If you need to see how bad calling plus is look no further than rootmetrics calling scores that Sprint has been getting since they started using S9's.

I just left Sprint for visible and was able to use volte. ( Thanks vzw). I'm back now cause I bought the S10+.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Just now, Terrell352 said:

Android 10 did not enable 4xCA even on the S10 series. If you want 4xCA the only way it's happening is if b25+b41 CA

I was wondering because it actually shows the CA info in SCP. I haven't seen that in either of my S9+ yet. I was hoping that would come with Android 10.

• Like 1

I was wondering because it actually shows the CA info in SCP. I haven't seen that in either of my S9+ yet. I was hoping that would come with Android 10.
SCP shows incorrect info sometimes. I will be on b25 or b26 and it will still say b41x3CA. So I check my engineering screen to see if maybe interband is being used and its not.

22 minutes ago, mdob07 said:

Are you on the Android 10 Beta? 

Yes

9 minutes ago, though said:

Are you still in the Gretna/Omaha area? What upload speeds are you getting on average?

Yes, I live in Gretna.  Upload varies but average is around 4Mbps

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gr8nuguy said:

I suspect that something wasn't being reported correctly. We only have 3 channels of B41 on air here (minus small cells and magic boxes). Plus, Sprint only allows 2xCA on B41 at the moment, at least in the areas that I travel.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...