SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

Another SCP beta is rolling out now! This release includes bugfixes.

Beta Crew members (and any other users who would like to help facilitate app development), I would appreciate it if you could please add a username or e-mail address on the Send Diagnostics screen and send one report (*if you've never done so before), even if you do not need to send diagnostics. This will save your info to be automatically included in crash log reports. That way if I see an automated report and need feedback, I can contact you. Thanks!

• Like 5

In the upload window, the number of items to upload seems to have vanished.  I thought something was off, and finally figured out what it was today.  It's missing from both the current beta and the previous one, but I think it was in the one before it (which some of my phones are still on).

- Trip

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Trip said:

In the upload window, the number of items to upload seems to have vanished.  I thought something was off, and finally figured out what it was today.

Oh wow, you're right! That was not intentional.. and I didn't notice because I've been testing the new option from the main screen. Thanks, I'll take a look.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just sent in two diag reports. SCP was showing n41 when Samsung diagnosed and cellmapper where showing n71. Exited scp and returned then it appeared normal.

Band selection was not active.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting intermittent Signal Check Pro is not responding errors on both of my S22 Ultras. Hopefully the crash reporting shows something useful. It's not constant, just once a twice a day for now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/28/2022 at 7:35 PM, mdob07 said:

I've been getting intermittent Signal Check Pro is not responding errors on both of my S22 Ultras. Hopefully the crash reporting shows something useful. It's not constant, just once a twice a day for now.

I get the same on my S21 Ultra. It got a little better after re-installing, but it slowly came back and now I get it a couple times a day.

• Sad 1

Sent diagnostics on n41 being displayed for the header and with the provider line but the frequency line is correct (626Mhz for n71) which matches samsung *#0011# and cellmapper. SCP 4.71b

• Thanks 1

This is just a cosmetic thing, but I noticed that when there's no note present, the text says "Click here to add," but on a phone, you don't click, you tap.

- Trip

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Mike, I sent you a couple of diagnostic reports tonight and yesterday, I put a Verizon sim in my T-Mobile S22 and when I switch to only Verizon service I see some neighbor info populate for the NSA N5 connection. I don't see this on either my AT&T phone or when I'm on T-Mobile in either NSA or SA N71 or NSA N41. I sent the reports incase theres anything useful showing that might help get the info to show all the time. Also, still no TA showing on LTE on the S22s, but that probably more of a Samsung issue than anything on your end. Let me know if you need me to send anything else in if you see anything useful. Still getting the force closes on SCP, but it mostly seems to be on my AT&T S22 Ultra, I don't think SCP on my T-Mobile phone has crashed for awhile. And even on my AT&T phone it doesn't happen nearly as frequently as it did when I first got the phone.   

Nl5RU9kl.jpg

• Thanks 1

With latest SCP plus Android 12 update to Samsung Galaxy A32 5G (includes 5GUC in status bar), SCP is reporting band nr7 (FDD 2600) plus for status bar and neighbors.  *#0011# reports it as n41, same as cellmapper. Coming in at -116 rsrp. B2 is at -126 rsrp. Not getting good speedtests when this happens, so could be a failed connection.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, dkyeager said:

With latest SCP plus Android 12 update to Samsung Galaxy A32 5G (includes 5GUC in status bar), SCP is reporting band nr7 (FDD 2600) plus for status bar and neighbors.  *#0011# reports it as n41, same as cellmapper. Coming in at -116 rsrp. B2 is at -126 rsrp. Not getting good speedtests when this happens, so could be a failed connection.

Also occurring in strong signal area. Diagnostics sent. Connection pulled 250/7.

• Thanks 1

I sent in two Diagnostic Reports from my LG V60 last night.  After an Android 12 update, it now will not show NR TAC on the screen nor in the logs for NR connections when connected to NR and LTE simultaneously.  It does show LTE TAC just fine.  Since it's not in the logs, it will not map out my NR results when missing TAC.  I missed out on hundreds of miles of NR mapping.  :(

I can force it by going into my modem and forcing Band 7 LTE only, which will put me into essentially 'NR only' mode.  Which gives me no phone and other weird network issues.  When connected to NR only (without LTE), the NR's TAC does display on the screen.  And also in the logs.  And the NR sites will subsequently appear on the SignalCheck Beta map using de facto NR only mode.

Can you take a look at the Diagnostic reports I sent and see if you can find the TAC in all that data and perhaps do an update for my device?  I sent the TAC number in the report, so you can maybe find it in the data. I'm hoping it's in there.  But I wasn't seeing it.  

The first report is connected to NR/LTE simultaneously and the second one NR only.

I would love to have it fixed, if possible.  Because what I'm doing as I drive is constantly looking at my phone to switch turning on and off Band 7 LTE exclusivity in an attempt to keep going in and and out of NR only mode.  So that way it is leaving a spotty hybrid trail of NR and LTE mapping as I drive.  Not exactly the safest thing.  Much safer these days with lane centering/lane keeping and adaptive cruise.  But I did have a close call in Ocean Shores yesterday that caused my wife to yell at me.  :dazed:

Robert

• Sad 1

On 5/8/2022 at 11:19 AM, S4GRU said:

Can you take a look at the Diagnostic reports I sent and see if you can find the TAC in all that data and perhaps do an update for my device?  I sent the TAC number in the report, so you can maybe find it in the data. I'm hoping it's in there.  But I wasn't seeing it.

Unfortunately I'm not seeing it either. LG must have broken something with that Android update.. there is no NR TAC in the LTE+NR report you sent. As you saw, it does report a valid TAC in NR-only mode.

There isn't much I can do with no TAC being reported -- however, I recently discovered that a new telephony callback method was quietly added in Android 12. I am looking into it, but it's going to take me some time to get a beta with it included. Not much is published about it yet and I don't have much time at the moment. But I'll try to see if I can get something put together specifically to at least try resolving this.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I think I have given up on the TAC issue on my LG V60 and just resigned to get a new device.  Anyone have any strong recommendations for a device with good radio performance, can turn on and off individual bands and will fully map LTE and NR simultaneously in the SignalCheck Beta Maps?

Robert

4 hours ago, S4GRU said:

OK, I think I have given up on the TAC issue on my LG V60 and just resigned to get a new device. 

If you could hold off through the weekend, I’m going to take a look at your uploads tonight. I might be able to edit the software on my side to match TACless data to an existing site with other matching attributes. 

I’m not sure how I’m going to handle sites not already in the DB if TACless data is uploaded though…

On 5/8/2022 at 8:19 AM, S4GRU said:

I sent in two Diagnostic Reports from my LG V60 last night.  After an Android 12 update, it now will not show NR TAC on the screen nor in the logs for NR connections when connected to NR and LTE simultaneously.  It does show LTE TAC just fine.  Since it's not in the logs, it will not map out my NR results when missing TAC.  I missed out on hundreds of miles of NR mapping.  :(

@mikejeep does SCP send NR points on upload if they’re missing a TAC?

1 hour ago, RAvirani said:

@mikejeep does SCP send NR points on upload if they’re missing a TAC?

If the TAC is missing, an entry is still recorded in the log, but it would not be included in uploads.. so you could probably manipulate a trail log export to add the data to the map if you were able to nail down the sites without the TAC.

EDIT: Sites with a missing TAC are only recorded in the log if the option to do so is enabled (Logger > Log Sites with Missing TAC).

2 hours ago, mikejeep said:

EDIT: Sites with a missing TAC are only recorded in the log if the option to do so is enabled (Logger > Log Sites with Missing TAC).

Mine has been enabled.  And they show up in my device logs with the TAC null.

Robert

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikejeep said:

If the TAC is missing, an entry is still recorded in the log, but it would not be included in uploads.. so you could probably manipulate a trail log export to add the data to the map if you were able to nail down the sites without the TAC.

Could we send the TAC as -1 if it’s invalid? Then, if there’s and existing site that matches the other info, I could match the web data entry up with it (despite the TAC being absent). 

Just now, RAvirani said:

Could we send the TAC as -1 if it’s invalid? Then, if there’s and existing site that matches the other info, I could match the web data entry up with it (despite the TAC being absent). 

Many of these sites I am uploading are for sites that do not exist, yet.  Although, I suppose I could go into NR only mode every time I connect to a new site, and then switch back, allowing all the TAC NR trails that occur to now have a home.

Ideally, I would love to ne able to add the TAC's myself.  I have the NR Trails CSV file downloaded, and I see all the TAC-less NR entries.  Is there any way I can edit and manually upload them myself?  Maybe create a portal for such an upload?  Or at least give me a way to create at least one manual entry for every new site?

Robert

12 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Sure.. or it can just leave it blank or zero, whatever is easiest for you.

26 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

Sure.. or it can just leave it blank or zero, whatever is easiest for you.

I’d recommend against using 0 because It’s actually possible to assign a TAC of 0 (in LTE the range is 0 to 65535 and in NR the range is 0 to 16777215).

My thought process with -1 was that some sort of error could in theory cause a blank or an empty value to end up in an upload file. A -1 feels a bit more intentional. 

I’ll see if I can get the backend up and ready to go this weekend (hopefully before the app update is released). 

• Like 2