SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum

mikejeep

The Samsung A32 5g factory unlocked is not affected by n7 likely since it has not been upgraded to Android 12 yet.

1x800 is still alive. My LG G2s (and G4 and v20) with Android 5 etc do see this upgrade. Would be good if you could filter out these type of devices if easily done until 1x800 dies with all carriers world wide.

Swipe refresh worked on samsung a10e, Moto g7 power, T-Mobile Revvl.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dkyeager said:

1x800 is still alive. My LG G2s (and G4 and v20) with Android 5 etc do see this upgrade. Would be good if you could filter out these type of devices if easily done until 1x800 dies with all carriers world wide.

Isn't the Sprint CDMA shutdown going to be finished by 5/31? The 1x800 features only work(ed) on Sprint. I used to camp on it at home; haven't been able to connect in weeks/months.

Likely true, but then various carrier's 3g shutdowns were supposed to occur since 2019.  AT&T was still alive when I last checked a few weeks ago.  The real benefit for T-Mobile occurs when they shut down the Sprint network including LTE, currently set for June 30. Iirc T-Mobile has been telling financial analysts this shutdown will occur this summer.

I was just about to ask what 1x800 features were removed, since I still see 1x800.  Actually, I've had to reboot my phone twice in the past week or two due to it dropping VoLTE and falling back on very weak 1x800 from who knows where.

- Trip

5 hours ago, Trip said:

I was just about to ask what 1x800 features were removed, since I still see 1x800.

Identification of 1x800 and the 1x800 alerts.. I didn't realize there was still any value to it, but since it's still out there, I'll put it all back in for the next update.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 8:46 PM, S4GRU said:

Actually, I notice it says whole clusters were skipped because of invalid TAC values.  It says "File exported for inspection."  I do have Log Sites with Missing TAC checked.

Robert

Do you see the TAC displayed as -1 in the exported file or is it blank/0? I took a look at your upload on Monday at roughly 12:30 and I’m not seeing any non-valid TAC values - not even -1s, 0s or blanks…

2 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Do you see the TAC displayed as -1 in the exported file or is it blank/0? I took a look at your upload on Monday at roughly 12:30 and I’m not seeing any non-valid TAC values - not even -1s, 0s or blanks…

I just pulled up my trails and they all have TACs listed. So no nulls, zeroes or -1's. But there is huge swaths of trails missing. It doesn't appear to log or at least keep any NR driving data unless it is NR only. If it's mixed NR/LTE, then the only thing appearing in the trails is LTE.

I am also getting this error.  So it is seeing invalid TAC values, but then when I look at logs, it's like it's deleting them. 

Screenshot_20220526-102743.png

Robert

10 hours ago, S4GRU said:

I just pulled up my trails and they all have TACs listed. So no nulls, zeroes or -1's. But there is huge swaths of trails missing. It doesn't appear to log or at least keep any NR driving data unless it is NR only. If it's mixed NR/LTE, then the only thing appearing in the trails is LTE.

I am also getting this error.  So it is seeing invalid TAC values, but then when I look at logs, it's like it's deleting them. 

Screenshot_20220526-102743.png

Robert

Update - I figured out the issue and it should be resolved now. If you go into the Beta Crew Settings, you should be able to set your upload timestamp back and reupload the data. 

Let me know if it works for you now. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Update - I figured out the issue and it should be resolved now. If you go into the Beta Crew Settings, you should be able to set your upload timestamp back and reupload the data. 

Let me know if it works for you now. 

So, I have re-uploaded with the new timestamp.  I laid down some fresh tracks from near Little Rock to Shelton at 4 AM this morning.  Only LTE trails populated, except for a few snippets when it went to NR only. 

I think the issue is either my device or SCP, but it is not logging trails of NR data when connected to LTE any longer.  It only logs NR trails when there is no LTE connection at all.  I could swear it didn't use to be that way, but maybe I am mistaken.  I thought I recall that it used to log both simultaneously when connected to both, the difference being that it would not log the NR TAC at all when it was also connected to LTE.

Maybe no one is mapping LTE and NR simultaneously?  Maybe we all are needing to double trip everything?  My LG V60 is 2 years old.  I'd totally be willing to upgrade.  But I would want a device that will log LTE and NR data at the same time, and have band access/control.  I do like that about LG's, is their modem control is very advanced.  No more LG's, sadly.

On another note, it looks like you made a loop around the Olympic Peninsula yesterday and picked up some fresh tracks and new sites for the map.  Looks good!  Nice to see someone over in my side of the world!  I have been doing a lot of mapping in Thurston, Mason, Kitsap and Grays Harbor in May.  I rarely get up to Sequim and PA.  Glad to see you fill in some more up there.

Robert

3 hours ago, S4GRU said:

So, I have re-uploaded with the new timestamp.  I laid down some fresh tracks from near Little Rock to Shelton at 4 AM this morning.  Only LTE trails populated, except for a few snippets when it went to NR only. 

I think the issue is either my device or SCP, but it is not logging trails of NR data when connected to LTE any longer.  It only logs NR trails when there is no LTE connection at all.  I could swear it didn't use to be that way, but maybe I am mistaken.  I thought I recall that it used to log both simultaneously when connected to both, the difference being that it would not log the NR TAC at all when it was also connected to LTE.

Maybe no one is mapping LTE and NR simultaneously?  Maybe we all are needing to double trip everything?  My LG V60 is 2 years old.  I'd totally be willing to upgrade.  But I would want a device that will log LTE and NR data at the same time, and have band access/control.  I do like that about LG's, is their modem control is very advanced.  No more LG's, sadly.

Robert

My experience with my S20 and now S22 is it only maps the primary connection. Either the anchor LTE band in NSA mode or NR when using SA. Cellmapper will map the heat trail for the NR connection when in NSA but nothing else. From what I can tell not much NR data is visable to apps like SCP and Cellmapper when using NSA. I've always had to double trip an area to map both LTE and NR data.

Also with Samsung as long as you're using T-Mobile firmware the *#2263# menu let's you pick what bands you want active. Right now I've got T-Mobile on esim and a physical Verizon sim and I can control them individually using the 2263 menu.

4 hours ago, S4GRU said:

Maybe no one is mapping LTE and NR simultaneously?

SCP should record whatever NR cells it identifies with PLMN+NCI (similar to LTE, which requires PLMN+GCI). I know you're not getting TAC; are you seeing an NCI?

6 hours ago, S4GRU said:

Hm…I wonder if @mikejeep can help debug this on the app side. The website is ready to accept entries without a TAC - I actually manually tested it yesterday and ran into issues which should now be resolved. That being said, I unfortunately don’t have a 5G-capable android on T-Mobile to play with. 

6 hours ago, S4GRU said:

On another note, it looks like you made a loop around the Olympic Peninsula yesterday and picked up some fresh tracks and new sites for the map.  Looks good!  Nice to see someone over in my side of the world!  I have been doing a lot of mapping in Thurston, Mason, Kitsap and Grays Harbor in May.  I rarely get up to Sequim and PA.  Glad to see you fill in some more up there.

I did indeed! My T-Mobile device died on the southern part of the peninsula, so I missed a couple sites between New London and Oil City. I was able to map AT&T/VZW the entire way, though. 

• Like 1

Anyone have any ideas how to isolate n41 for mapping?  In my LG V60, I don't seem to connect to n41 unless connected to B2 LTE.  If I go into NR only mode, it will not connect to n41. Just n71.  If I disable n71, it will never connect to NR at all. 

If I manage to get connected to n41 with B2, then turn off LTE, it will drop the n41 connection. It seems without a live B2 LTE connection, there no n41.

So that means I cannot map n41 at all.  Because it will just map B2 LTE only. Any ideas?

Robert

EDIT:  It turns out I can also get n41 via a B66 connection.  Not just B2.  I noticed that this evening.  I then isolated all LTE bands with n41 only selected and the only LTE bands that would then authenticate an n41 connection was B2 and B66, LTE.  It also would with B4 (not surprising), but would not with B25.

6 minutes ago, S4GRU said:

Anyone have any ideas how to isolate n41 for mapping?  In my LG V60, I don't seem to connect to n41 unless connected to B2 LTE.  If I go into NR only mode, it will not connect to n41. Just n71.  If I disable n71, it will never connect to NR at all. 

If I manage to get connected to n41 with B2, then turn off LTE, it will drop the n41 connection. It seems without a live B2 LTE connection, there no n41.

So that means I cannot map n41 at all.  Because it will just map B2 LTE only. Any ideas?

Robert

Same for me here, N41 is still NSA only. I've got a few hits on cellmapper with what looks like valid signal data for n41 but I can't get it to repeat. Those points all happened when I was driving and wasn't watching, so no idea if it was just a quick hit or actually connected for a period of time. 

• Like 1

Around me, there appear to be sites in small groups where n41 SA is available.  For example, it appears the sites in and immediately surrounding Tysons Corner have n41 SA, but get outside of that group and it drops right back to n71 SA.

- Trip

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mikejeep said:

SCP should record whatever NR cells it identifies with PLMN+NCI (similar to LTE, which requires PLMN+GCI). I know you're not getting TAC; are you seeing an NCI?

Right now, I’m requiring:

PLMN, tech, NCI, PCI, band, NRARFCN, RSRP, timestamp and lat/long/accuracy

…to record an NR point. What is unavailable in NSA mode? Maybe I can tweak the import algorithm to match points lacking information with an existing site?

On 5/27/2022 at 10:12 AM, mikejeep said:

Definitely.  I would never expect anything to plot missing the NCI or GCI.  Thanks for all your help.

Robert

There just seems there should be a way that SCP can get that simultaneous NR connection data to upload to the maps.  In my phone, it shows the NR connection information in the Diagnostic Mode.  Just not the TAC.  If we can find a way to harvest that data and upload it, then it would save a lot of fuel and time from having to re-drive to capture both.  And also possibly help get some n41 data due to NSA constraints.  But currently, no NR data of mine is uploading unless I am in NR only mode.

Maybe I am missing something?  I hope it's as simple as I making it sound.

Robert

On 5/24/2022 at 2:00 PM, dkyeager said:

Thanks. Yes the engineering screen shows n41.

The S21 ultra works fine. Removed typo "not".

I'm getting n38 and occasionally n7 with my S21U (on the May 2022 security patch and latest SCP). Sent at least one diagnostic log your way, @mikejeep. @RAvirani, would you like me to send you a list of gNBs to fix? It looks like I mapped 15-20 between NYC and Rochester.

Also, I'm still seeing SCP map T-Mobile's SA NR (primary SIM) to AT&T (secondary SIM) on my S21. In-app, SCP seems to recognize the two networks as being separate. So I'm not really sure how I can replicate this to send a diagnostic log.

image.png

Not sure if there is a easy way for you to mass-delete all these on the map, @RAvirani.

9 minutes ago, thisischuck01 said:

I'm getting n38 and occasionally n7 with my S21U (on the May 2022 security patch and latest SCP). Sent at least one diagnostic log your way, @mikejeep. @RAvirani, would you like me to send you a list of gNBs to fix? It looks like I mapped 15-20 between NYC and Rochester.

Also, I'm still seeing SCP map T-Mobile's SA NR (primary SIM) to AT&T (secondary SIM) on my S21. In-app, SCP seems to recognize the two networks as being separate. So I'm not really sure how I can replicate this to send a diagnostic log.

image.png

Not sure if there is a easy way for you to mass-delete all these on the map, @RAvirani.

To be more clear I should have stated I have the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra factory unlocked 512GB version for North America with its firmware.

1 hour ago, thisischuck01 said:

I can move those sites/sectors from the AT&T map to the T-Mobile map. 

1 hour ago, thisischuck01 said:

@mikejeep - in the attached screenshot it looks like SCP knows that the NR connection PLMN (310260) is different than the LTE connection PLMN (310410). However, all the uploaded points are showing up with the LTE PLMN (310410) on my side. Is there a reason SCP is uploading these NR points with the LTE PLMN (310410) as opposed to the NR PLMN (310260)?

@mikejeepI've been noticing SCP freezing and unexpectedly closing a lot more recently since that latest beta update. It used to only do it after it had been running in the background for several hours. Now it's happening fairly frequently when I've got SCP on screen as I'm driving. Sometimes it will freeze but the system notification that it's not responding won't pop up for 15-20 minutes, or sometimes it's immediate. I have to go into settings-apps and force stop scp to get it to work again if I notice it before the system notification. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mdob07 said:

@mikejeepI've been noticing SCP freezing and unexpectedly closing a lot more recently since that latest beta update. It used to only do it after it had been running in the background for several hours. Now it's happening fairly frequently when I've got SCP on screen as I'm driving. Sometimes it will freeze but the system notification that it's not responding won't pop up for 15-20 minutes, or sometimes it's immediate. I have to go into settings-apps and force stop scp to get it to work again if I notice it before the system notification. 

I’m noticing the same thing…

• Like 2

So I just, uh, sidegraded? I guess? to a Samsung S21 FE.  Certainly not an upgrade, but it's fine, I suppose.  Biggest winning feature: I can now band lock my primary phone.  Biggest losing feature?  Can't decide.  No SD card slot, no headphone jack, can't double-tap the notification bar to sleep, volume and power on the same side...

Anyway, right after waking, several times over the past few days that I've had it, it's told me that SCP has stopped responding and asked me to close or wait.  If I say close, it automatically restarts, which is good.  I need to try to get you a report from right after it happens; haven't thought of it when it was happening yet.

EDIT:  Just happened.  It offered "Close", "Wait", and "Send Feedback".  Send Feedback then took me to a message indicating that the feedback app had crashed, so close or wait.  Sigh.  So I sent you diagnostics after it started back up again.  Not sure there'll be anything helpful.

- Trip

• Like 1