Jump to content

SignalCheck Beta Crew Forum


mikejeep

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, RAvirani said:

I'm still seeing the issue with the latest update...should I continue to send diagnostic reports?

You can if you'd like, but don't lose sleep over it -- unfortunately to this point I haven't caught anything useful being recorded on any devices under any circumstances. It's very frustrating but I'm certainly not giving up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

By the way, I noticed you split out locking the icons from locking the site notes. I figured it out the hard way but much prefer this format. 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PedroDaGr8 said:

By the way, I noticed you split out locking the icons from locking the site notes. I figured it out the hard way but much prefer this format. 😁

Agree! Thanks Mike!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 8/31/2021 at 10:08 AM, RAvirani said:

If you're a nationwide database user, add you username to the beta crew settings menu!

And once you update to the latest and greatest beta release that went live on Google Play an hour ago, your username will actually be sent to the server properly and start tracking your "points"! :)

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...

A fresh update for the Beta Crew is now live on Google Play! There are two significant changes, among some other smaller bugfixes:

* If the device location is more than 10 seconds old, the accuracy will be recorded as "999" in the trail log. This will prevent entries with stale locations from being included in web uploads, and also be easy to quickly identify when looking at logs.

* Fixed 5G-NR cell ID display; the values were previously wrong if the selected user preference was an option with sectors. A new hex cell - hex sector display option for IDs was also added.

As always, any feedback is appreciated and thanks for your help!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mikejeep said:

* If the device location is more than 10 seconds old, the accuracy will be recorded as "999" in the trail log. This will prevent entries with stale locations from being included in web uploads, and also be easy to quickly identify when looking at logs.

Big shoutout to Mike for getting this one done - this will be huge for the quality of data coming into the nationwide database!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mike, a few questions/comments:

1) Is there any way to disable the in-app update prompt?  On some of my phones, literally every time I switched away and back to SCP, it popped up to ask.  Really irritating since I wanted to do it on wifi.

2) PLMN 313690 popped up as T-Mobile when it appeared in my log, but it should probably be listed as either "Shentel" or "Beam", the latter being the brand name for the former's fixed LTE service.  I had a single-hit log of one of their sites and it shows as "T-Mobile B41" when it has nothing to do with T-Mobile. 

3) Any idea yet when a new public release might go out so that the database formats line up again? 

4) A friendly reminder that I'd love to have the ability to append to the names of the output files so I don't have to rename each one as I copy it to my computer.

Thanks again for all you do!

- Trip

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Trip said:

Mike, a few questions/comments:

1) Is there any way to disable the in-app update prompt?  On some of my phones, literally every time I switched away and back to SCP, it popped up to ask.  Really irritating since I wanted to do it on wifi.

I will look into it; the method I implemented is not supposed to pester users, but I certainly could have done something wrong.

 

17 hours ago, Trip said:

2) PLMN 313690 popped up as T-Mobile when it appeared in my log, but it should probably be listed as either "Shentel" or "Beam", the latter being the brand name for the former's fixed LTE service.  I had a single-hit log of one of their sites and it shows as "T-Mobile B41" when it has nothing to do with T-Mobile.

I do not have an entry for 313690, so "T-Mobile" is what was being reported to the OS. I'll add an entry for that PLMN..  what would the most useful designation be?

 

17 hours ago, Trip said:

3) Any idea yet when a new public release might go out so that the database formats line up again?

I intend to do it this week, with the version that went out to the Beta Crew a few days ago -- just need to ensure there are no lingering problems. So far it seems stable!

 

17 hours ago, Trip said:

4) A friendly reminder that I'd love to have the ability to append to the names of the output files so I don't have to rename each one as I copy it to my computer.

It's still on the list!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mikejeep said:

I intend to do it this week, with the version that went out to the Beta Crew a few days ago -- just need to ensure there are no lingering problems. So far it seems stable!

I'm getting frequent crashes and Android complaining about battery drain the last few days. I'm not really sure why. I try to send feedback but sometimes that crashes too. It seems to happen when my phone decides it no longer wants to use VoLTE and switches to 1x. So it might just be my device, but really not sure.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2021 at 5:42 PM, Dkoellerwx said:

I'm getting frequent crashes and Android complaining about battery drain the last few days. I'm not really sure why. I try to send feedback but sometimes that crashes too. It seems to happen when my phone decides it no longer wants to use VoLTE and switches to 1x. So it might just be my device, but really not sure.

I cannot run SCP for any length of time on my S21 anymore. I can start it, put it in the background, and within a minute or two it's just gone. No crash message or anything. I have not taken the step to uninstall and reinstall yet. But I may do that soon to see if that clears anything up.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

I cannot run SCP for any length of time on my S21 anymore. I can start it, put it in the background, and within a minute or two it's just gone. No crash message or anything. I have not taken the step to uninstall and reinstall yet. But I may do that soon to see if that clears anything up.

Honestly, that's been my experience the whole time since I switched to the S21....it's never not behaved that way for me.   I just got into the habit of manually restarting it when I want to look.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you guys tried to not-optimize SCP in the app settings? I know you probably have, but I only have rare issues with SCP. Occasionally it'll crash for me, but like once a month?? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have not been able to nail down these issues.. nor can I replicate them. Not seeing crash reports that seem to correlate either. I'm hearing you and trying to figure it out, presumably something with the S21 stock firmware is wreaking havoc with something I'm doing. There are a couple of Samsung devices experiencing issues more frequently than I'm willing to accept, I just can't figure them out.. yet..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Strange, because I have an S21 running the OneUI 4 beta with SCP beta and never had an issue. Could it be a market issue? I’m in Phoenix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jasonsteele said:

Strange, because I have an S21 running the OneUI 4 beta with SCP beta and never had an issue. Could it be a market issue? I’m in Phoenix.

I don't think there's anything market related that could cause that. I'm not running any Samsung beta software, just the normal updates.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mikejeep said:

I have not been able to nail down these issues.. nor can I replicate them. Not seeing crash reports that seem to correlate either. I'm hearing you and trying to figure it out, presumably something with the S21 stock firmware is wreaking havoc with something I'm doing. There are a couple of Samsung devices experiencing issues more frequently than I'm willing to accept, I just can't figure them out.. yet..

Anything I can send that might help? I'm trying to send reports when I can but I'm not sure if it's actually capturing whatever is causing the crash since most of the time I don't get a crash notice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe one type of firmware causes it to happen more frequently. We have all scattered accross many carriers plus the unlocked version. Maybe also the hardware version?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, dkyeager said:

Maybe one type of firmware causes it to happen more frequently. We have all scattered accross many carriers plus the unlocked version. Maybe also the hardware version?

That's what I was wondering, or battery optimization settings. I haven't had any issues with SCP stopping on my T-Mobile S21 except sometimes when I reboot, but it may just be taking time starting all the background apps and I'm being impatient.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another SignalCheck release for the Beta Crew is rolling out now! Fixed the stale location filtering (it didn't work in the last release), adjusted the scale of the graphical signal strength bars (15-35 dB stronger now required to max out), and some internal cleanup.

Still not sure what's going on with those Samsung crashes. Please feel free to continue sharing any information you think may be relevant. Hopefully this release will be able to roll out to the public as well (web mapping data will still be limited to the Beta Crew for now). Thanks for all the help!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Those of you having issues with SCP -- how large are your log databases? Check Logs > Statistics.. maybe different size DBs are the reason for different stability levels?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got what I hope is a minor issue.  I will note I am on the previous beta, not the current one, but your description above didn't make it sound like this had been addressed, so...

https://imgur.com/a/kFsHZdI

Two of my phones ended up like the above after uploading data.  With the Close button cut off, I was unable to dismiss the dialog except by killing SCP and restarting.  The back button doesn't close it, and I can't figure out any other way to do it.

- Trip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Trip said:

Two of my phones ended up like the above after uploading data.  With the Close button cut off, I was unable to dismiss the dialog except by killing SCP and restarting.  The back button doesn't close it, and I can't figure out any other way to do it.

I experienced that myself a couple days ago, working on a resolution! I may move the uploading pop-up to an Android notification.. we'll see. For now, you should be able to get around it by clearing SCP from your recent apps and then reopening it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...