T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

It appears Native. Interesting.

Sent from OnePlus 2 using Tapatalk

Yes it acts native. Also picked it up on a few more towers from Norfolk to Omaha 40f2eda0fcd98c8d18264a199dfe67ee.jpg

331645ba9b4bfae3f264124bc19f08c3.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Brought a second phone with me to the city this afternoon and found T-Mobile struggling on the expressway (Dan Ryan) giving me nothing but sub 1 mbps results and after I got off at sox park it picked up a little in speed, and then at 35th and Halsted was around 20 mbps. Not impressed. 

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/new-york-city-and-tri-state-area/2015/2H

Welp. T-Mobile didn't win the day in NYC after all.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

AT&T is still better than T-Mobile in NYC as a whole. lol BURN!

(Note: That's not denying Verizon and Sprint do better in many categories. It's an insult to how T-Mobile is supposed to be so much better) 

Edited by cortney

http://www.networkworld.com/article/3011954/mobile-wireless/net-neutrality-att-t-mobile-comcast-fcc.html

AT&T is steering away from the free candy. They suspect they're going to be held to a higher standard than T-Mobile. They could be right. 

Of course the Reddit thread on this doesn't realize that AT&T had very similar plans to T-Mobile's and scrapped them before public consumption... 

• Like 3

Ouch, that hurts. Their most dense market with 20x20 and they still decreased in speed.

But, Evan. I went to an unloaded sector in the middle of the night and I got 130/45. And I ran 20 repeat tests. That's obviously evidence that people are choosing the wrong speed test server and embarrassing themselves!  ;)

Edited by cortney
  • Like 4

I can tell you guys since I have a line with Verizon here in new York that big red kick tmobile ass. Tmobile might have the dense AWS network here, but you still need to be reliable and if you look at the score Sprint is more reliable than pink mobile.

Edit

Tmobile was tied with Verizon a couple of times as the best carrier, but Verizon has dense their AWS holdings here, and Tmobile will never beat them again. Now the Wildcard is Sprint, and if their dense their grid alone with 2x,3x,4x they if they become king of New York.

• Like 2

http://www.networkworld.com/article/3011954/mobile-wireless/net-neutrality-att-t-mobile-comcast-fcc.html

AT&T is steering away from the free candy. They suspect they're going to be held to a higher standard than T-Mobile. They could be right.

Of course the Reddit thread on this doesn't realize that AT&T had very similar plans to T-Mobile's and scrapped them before public consumption...

I say AT&T shouldn't have scrapped it...well not all of it. I would have loved to see them offer free music streaming (if it was in their plans). 1. John would have went on a rant about it and 2. That would put some serious pressure on T-Mobile that they don't need. If the NN issue were to come up they can easily point the finger and drag along with them T-Mobile and how they got away with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say AT&T shouldn't have scrapped it...well not all of it. I would have loved to see them offer free music streaming (if it was in their plans). 1. John would have went on a rant about it and 2. That would put some serious pressure on T-Mobile that they don't need. If the NN issue were to come up they can easily point the finger and drag along with them T-Mobile and how they got away with it.

I wouldn't disagree in essence.

On paper that sounds good, but in reality it would never work. AT&T doesn't have a lot of points for perception. People and the media would mock AT&T for violating NN and that T-Mobile is a maverick so that's okay.

That's why it would be a battle better fought by VZW (different discussion, though) if it all (and I don't think that would end up working either, but I regress), because they have way more "points" from people having good anecdotal or overall experiences, for getting people enough 1xRTT back in the day and the infamous VZW narcissism that wasn't countered by any carrier until T-Mobile (good job there).

People forget that despite the similarity in nature between the big two, people like and know VZW far, far more. 

• Like 2

Thats how it is in the south. I say you is sometimes. No need to get defensive just because he's having a good experience with another carrier. I know its a sprint forum but its not that serious.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thank u bro lol. I'm not from the south I'm from chicago but my parents are from Louisiana.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime on MetroPCS using Tapatalk

i definitely sympathize with AT&T regarding this, despite being a big corporation. I personally know the feeling of not being able to do things others get away with, even things that are not necessarily wrong.

In this case, AT&T feels that if they do something that even appears the slightest bit against Net Neutrality, they will be unfairly targeted by the FCC. They literally feel "disabled" by this unfair oversight the FCC has, where the FCC is allowing T-Mobile to get away with thIngs the FCC would not allow AT&T to do. That is completely understandable to me how AT&T can fee this way about it. I've had to deal with the same thing in my life and I know how badly it has affected me in my life, this particular form of discrimination.

AT&T as a business knows how badly this is affecting them, and they are right with expressing their discontent about this.

T-Mobile ranked #1 in Consumer Report, toppling Verizon's spot.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/03/technology/t-mobile-verizon-consumer-reports/

Something that is quite interesting in the article though...Sprint was the most improved!

That report doesn't rate actual network quality, but what consumers think of their carriers.  All the major carriers ranked below Ting and Virgin Mobile(!) as well as other mvnos.

• Like 1

From what I'm seeing, BingeOn slows down every video service, but counts all of the services against user's data CAP? People claiming YouTube is too slow for them but YouTube isn't even one of the providers for BingeOn.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

• Like 2

Ouch, that hurts. Their most dense market with 20x20 and they still decreased in speed.

20x20 wasn't live at the time of the testing and after 20x20 went live they started doing a lot of backhaul upgrades to take full advantage of it.

20x20 wasn't live at the time of the testing and after 20x20 went live they started doing a lot of backhaul upgrades to take full advantage of it.

1. The backhaul upgrades were already done in advance of 20x20.

2. Sites were already active with 20x20, not all but a lot.

3. Even if there wasn't 20x20 the sites still had B4/B12 carrier aggregation which would provide the speed/capacity of a 20x20. There really is no excusing the loss.

• Like 2

I would also like to remind everyone that Verizon has been deploying small cells in NYC like crazy since 2014. Metro cells and cell splitting is very very common. Tmobile may have the densest macro network but Verizon almost assuredly have the densest overall network when their small cell deployment is included and their speeds show that there and in many markets nation wide.

• Like 6

I would also like to remind everyone that Verizon has been deploying small cells in NYC like crazy since 2014. Metro cells and cell splitting is very very common. Tmobile may have the densest macro network but Verizon almost assuredly have the densest overall network when their small cell deployment is included and their speeds show that there and in many markers nation wide

That makes perfect sense because Verizon does continually have an edge on the RootScore reports. It must make magentans jealous. 

That makes perfect sense because Verizon does continually have an edge on the RootScore reports. It must make magentans jealous.

I'll just say there have been people on TMo Reddit who talked down a small cell deployment for T-Mobile and said it wasn't needed. Verizon has proven that people who say this are speaking nonsense. VZW doesn't have a huge macrocell deployment. It's not unsimilar to Sprint's. Yet they have been going full speed with small cells with Alcatel-Lucent and Ericsson. It shows in their consistently good RootMetrics testing.

• Like 3

I'll just say there have been people on TMo Reddit who talked down a small cell deployment for T-Mobile and said it wasn't needed. Verizon has proven that people who say this are speaking nonsense. VZW doesn't have a huge macrocell deployment. It's not unsimilar to Sprint's. Yet they have been going full speed with small cells with Alcatel-Lucent and Ericsson. It shows in their consistently good RootMetrics testing.

See this video:

• Like 2

This is precisely what I was afraid of, even testing software is no longer accurate because certain servers aren't "whitelisted" by Tmobile. FCC needs to deal with this before it gets out of hand. 

People are already complaining about the Tunein app requiring the "Premium" version on BingeOn. So much for "free" stuff.

You notice those of us that paid for the pro version of TuneIn have had previously free streaming content, content that already contained ads, suddenly converted in to "premium" subscription content....

• Like 2

Well well... Look what I just found. It's starting to echo.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3v3d1y/speed_test_in_san_antonio_very_poor/

Some people think grass is greener on the other side. That's what marketing does to you.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

I know this post is pro-Sprint in a Tmo Reddit but its hard to take anyone seriously with a name like Vag_AssAssin88...   

There are Verizon small cells everywhere here in New York.As Tim mentioned this is one of the reasons why Verizon keep kicking everyone ass on speeds especially Tmobile.

The magentans think Verizon advantage is because only of the lowband spectrum, but that spectrum is only great for coverage.

Let's hope those sprint 18,0000 small cells get deployed in the next 18 months.

• Like 1

Geeze it seems like T-Mobile is always having a major outrage every few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk