T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Hey, in my backwoods area, T-Mobile has twice the cell sites as Sprint. They use microwave backhaul here, as well as Verizon. All 4 carriers here have issues. I'm not even speaking of my market.

U can't comment on markets u yourself haven't visited.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime on MetroPCS using Tapatalk

Hey, in my backwoods area, T-Mobile has twice the cell sites as Sprint. They use microwave backhaul here, as well as Verizon. All 4 carriers here have issues. I'm not even speaking of my market.

Don't waste your keystrokes arguing with him -- he feeds on it.  Looking at his screenshot, it is possible that he was on WiFi, not even on LTE.

• Like 4

U can't comment on markets u yourself haven't visited.

I understand that "this isn't English class," but, honestly, how hard is it to type the word "you"?
  • Like 5

I understand that "this isn't English class," but, honestly, how hard is it to type the word "you"?

When UR an urban idiot itz hard 2 right U.

:P

AJ

• Like 7

I'll rather type u or you. Either way u get the point. Lol at least I'm putting my punctuation marks where they belong. I at least should get a silver star lol. [emoji41]

I'm not even gonna start on u sir. Because one u don't know where I reside or where I've been in my life. Mod or not chill out.

My post was not a response to you.  But you or U can assume whatever you want.

AJ

• Like 3

My post was not a response to you. But you or U can assume whatever you want.

AJ

It's kinda hard not to assume when u quoted the person that quoted me sir lol. Well then my bad then bro good afternoon.

That was a such thing called a typo. And who is talking about grammar this isn't English class. You said T-Mobile speeds are slowing. I posted a speed test of a T-Mobile line getting faster speeds JUST on band 4 than I saw Sprint or AT&T on multiple bands.

And just because your backwoods area is doing bad it doesn't reflect the use of others either. So can you please stop spreading bs. You are sounding more and more like a fan boy every post.

So is yours. Point blank it's too early to tell if BingeOn is having a negative impact on the network.

You can't comment on markets you yourself haven't visited.

I'm not even going to start on you sir. Because one you don't know where I reside or where I've been in my life. Moderator or not chill out.

Now back on topic I see nobody has said anything about those 20x20 band 4 speed tests.

It's kinda hard not to assume when you quoted the person that quoted me sir lol. Well then my bad then bro good afternoon.

Fixed those for you.

-Anthony

• Like 10

It's a ringing endorsement of Chicago Public Schools! ????????????

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Please like any of our states public school systems is any good. [emoji1]

Edited by mellimel2212

Wow it's amazing how wrong u is bro. This is just 20x20 b4 alone. No CA either.

Was that your speed test because someone posted that screenshot on Howardforums as well?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I knew I saw that test before on reddit. The person that posted that speed test was likely one of the only people on that sector. T-Mobile is increasing backhaul across the NYC market and they recently upgraded to 20x20 AWS but that speed test is not indicative of what speeds are like across the entire NYC market. Most areas are not that fast at all.

I can find areas in certain cities where I can pull 100Mbps+ speed tests too. Doesn't mean that the entire city is that way.

• Like 1

I may believe it's possible in already highly populous areas, but in my corner of suburbia the theory of BingeOn bringing the network to its knees (or just slowing it down) is absolute bunk. I took a phone with a T-Mo SIM out with me today and witnessed no less than 20 Mbps and peaked at 81 Mbps, with an average around 30-50 Mbps.

Even if "everyone" is suddenly watching crap all the time, the network can handle it here...

I'll have to test in the city when I go there next.

What ought to be more worrisome is everyone being upgraded to unlimited for three months. Word gets to the masses about that and look out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's right! Regardless of whether they add YouTube to the their CringeOn manifesto, we still have to start popping the popcorn for December 1st and their Unlimited Throttle Deprioritization nonsense!

Oh that's going to be good. Just wait until the end of next month. I bet we'll be picking a best horror story post of the day every day. 

Maybe we should start a new thread to try and be somewhat decent to this one.  :D

That's right! Regardless of whether they add YouTube to the their CringeOn manifesto, we still have to start popping the popcorn for December 1st and their Unlimited Throttle Deprioritization nonsense!

Oh that's going to be good. Just wait until the end of next month. I bet we'll be picking a best horror story post of the day every day.

Maybe we should start a new thread to try and be somewhat decent to this one. :D

Wait...what did I miss about this free 3 months of unlimited data??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe we should start a new thread to try and be somewhat decent to this one. :D

Xodium is one of the bigger pro-Tmo people on there. That is what is surprising to me.

On a side note, what is your issue with VZW? As much as I don't care for their business practices, they are still the gold standard for around STL and Southern IL, frankly for most of America from a network POV. While I wish Sprint worked in Chester, there are worse things than being stuck on VZ here.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/st-louis-mo

0ca8f351103702afa69c786660ec491f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I'll rather type u or you. Either way u get the point. Lol at least I'm putting my punctuation marks where they belong. I at least should get a silver star lol. [emoji41]

You may want to take a look at punctuation rules again, friend.