T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

Just when you can't make up your mind between Sprint and Tmobile... Tmo reminds you how delicious a hot dog can be and its magenta 4 life.

Seeing as the T-Mobile advertisement Vince showed is targeted for Chicago, I'm surprised T-Mobile didn't decide to show a pizza instead.

• Like 1

Just when you can't make up your mind between Sprint and Tmobile... Tmo reminds you how delicious a hot dog can be and its magenta 4 life.

"Hay Marcelo... If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself? I know I would!"

• Like 3

King Street Wireless, apparently, gets its name from the fact that it is based out of a building on King Street in Alexandria, VA.  Next time I go by I'll try and see what I can see.  (Probably not much.)

You should stop in and ask to speak to Allison Cryor DiNardo.  See if she really exists.

AJ

"Hay Marcelo... If you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself? I know I would!"

"Hey! What about this? If you had a choice between being the top scientist in your field or getting Mad Cow disease, what would it be?"

SNL_0992_05_Harry_Caray_EST.png

AJ

• Like 1

Anyways, I've watched more television lately since being at my aunt's. I've been seeing a lot of advertisements for T-Mobile. Anyone else notice this, or is it just typical of them to spend a lot on television advertising?

T-Mobile has been outspending AT&T, Verizon and Sprint on TV ads.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/t-mobile-outspent-att-verizon-and-sprint-tv-ads-july/2015-08-12

• Like 1

T-Mobile has been outspending AT&T, Verizon and Sprint on TV ads.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/t-mobile-outspent-att-verizon-and-sprint-tv-ads-july/2015-08-12

Kind of unfortunate. If you want to be the best, you have to not perform and act like a last place carrier. TV ads and ads at airports and billboards are very important and is not money down the drain. I've only seen like one sprint ad over the past few months on TV.
  • Like 1

Kind of unfortunate. If you want to be the best, you have to not perform and act like a last place carrier. TV ads and ads at airports and billboards are very important and is not money down the drain. I've only seen like one sprint ad over the past few months on TV.

Weird, I bet I saw 5+ last night alone. All for the $100/10GB plan. Maybe they are targeting Raleigh since the network is finally (somewhat) improved around here? They still have virtually no b26 optimization though....grrr

• Like 2

I see a crap load of T-Mobile commercials on tv, YouTube and even on iheart radio before my music starts to play. I can understand why they are so heavy on it cause the network won't sell itself alone like the big two. So this is the only way to get the word out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would say I see way more Tmo ads than anything. Next I see AT&T, about 1 for every 5 Tmo. And last I see Sprint and Verizon about the same amount, about 1 for every 10 Tmo.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

I would say I see way more Tmo ads than anything. Next I see AT&T, about 1 for every 5 Tmo. And last I see Sprint and Verizon about the same amount, about 1 for every 10 Tmo.

Aren't you in a location where T-Mobile doesn't/barely serve?  Isn't that marketing a little off? :lol:

Aren't you in a location where T-Mobile doesn't/barely serve? Isn't that marketing a little off? [emoji38]

Tmo doesn't serve here at all. Only 2G Roaming from Iowa Wireless for Tmo customers in my area. It's not even counted as native. AFAIK, Tmo has not started any local advertising. All the advertising I've seen is national.

• Like 1

That's funny, Spotify has ads for Verizon with the "tired of slow.....network.....connection?" message, but I laugh because I'm sure they pay for ads specifically based on IP and I have never buffered on the Sprint Network.

T-Mobile has several ads on TV, especially on Spanish language programming. Too bad for them Sprint is not far behind with ad power. At&t only has ads with that sexy, fine little thing named Lily and the new uverse, direct TV,and wireless bundle. Verizon has those stupid ducks.

Sorry Verizon, your big2 counterpart has better ads. Lily > ducks, all day. Everyday.

• Like 1

That's funny, Spotify has ads for Verizon with the "tired of slow.....network.....connection?" message, but I laugh because I'm sure they pay for ads specifically based on IP and I have never buffered on the Sprint Network.

T-Mobile has several ads on TV, especially on Spanish language programming. Too bad for them Sprint is not far behind with ad power. At&t only has ads with that sexy, fine little thing named Lily and the new uverse, direct TV,and wireless bundle. Verizon has those stupid ducks.

Sorry Verizon, your big2 counterpart has better ads. Lily > ducks, all day. Everyday.

I think they're geese, mate [emoji6]
  • Like 1

I see a crap load of T-Mobile commercials on tv, YouTube and even on iheart radio before my music starts to play. I can understand why they are so heavy on it cause the network won't sell itself alone like the big two. So this is the only way to get the word out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generational demographic and targeted ads.

I thought the geese adds were funny and on point. Probably the best VZW has run in a while.

And appropriate to this thread, we all know the target of that "wild geese" ad.  Plenty of people followed the popular groundswell, switched to T-Mobile, and are satisfied.  But many others got baited, switched, then realized that T-Mobile is still a second rate network.  VZW is encouraging the latter to "come home."

AJ

• Like 4

I saw at least 5 last night, and that was on national programming (prime time ABC/NBC/FOX). Almost on par with Verizon

I will say I see a lot more of T-Mobile and Verizon on cable though.

Sent from my LG G4

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3gztfm/tmobile_like_att_is_now_pushing_manufacturers_to/

Looks like T-Mobile is going to be loading NextRadio like Sprint has been doing for a while. Good to see FM more readily available on phones to take some of the load off data networks. 

• Like 2

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3gztfm/tmobile_like_att_is_now_pushing_manufacturers_to/

Looks like T-Mobile is going to be loading NextRadio like Sprint has been doing for a while. Good to see FM more readily available on phones to take some of the load off data networks.

I wouldn't necessarily call it taking a load off the network. How many people stream local radio? My guess is not many. Most are streaming spotify, Pandora, etc.. It is, however, a fantastic tool for emergencies.

Sent from my LG G4

Lol. It's even funnier if you know Verizon is either inferior or not superior in your market like you said. Then, basically all you hear is barking about some cornfield coverage out west 98% of us never need. 

Second, they're geese. They're annoying and shit all over the place. Verizon picks geese. 

Lily. A good looking woman. At least AT&T has taste.

Edited by cortney

That Des d-bag sorta reminds me of a vampire from Blade II

21373-25707.jpg

That's a bit immature I know, but as that's the level that the boys in hot pink operate on I don't feel too bad about it.

• Like 3