T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

It's ingenious. Makes tmobile the defacto company for tourists. Man, I do like how the company is being ran.

Pretty much was before a long with AT&T. Can't really go to Sprint or VZW unless you buy a throwaway phone. The problem with this is you still got to visit a TMobile store.  How many other stores and store fronts that sell 50 different types of MVNOs will an individual pass. What is already offered in airports? 

To really be the defacto company for tourists, they need to have a little TMobile kiosk in the major international airports.  Get these people on the TMo network before they even leave the airport.  

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1883924-Myrtle-beach-little-river-sc-band-5-850-MHz

Band 5 LTE makes it's appearance in the Myrtle Beach area. 

The Myrtle Beach CMA is the "white elephant" market in the entire country for T-Mobile.  The only Cellular 850 MHz market.  Maybe acquisition of low band, Lower 700 MHz spectrum elsewhere has lessened that anomaly.  But since the fallout from the Cingular-AT&TWS merger, Myrtle Beach long has been a T-Mobile oddball.

AJ

The Myrtle Beach CMA is the "white elephant" market in the entire country for T-Mobile. The only Cellular 850 MHz market. Maybe acquisition of low band, Lower 700 MHz spectrum elsewhere has lessened that anomaly. But since the fallout from the Cingular-AT&TWS merger, Myrtle Beach long has been a T-Mobile oddball.

It is a happy accident from the Suncoast acquisition IIRC.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

3x carrier aggregation reported on Reddit 

This makes me wonder if Sprint should at some point do CA between its B26 and B25 carriers.  Especially in places where Sprint can deploy a 2nd 5x5 LTE carrier, I think it would be wise if Sprint gave a thought to do a B26 (5x5) + B25 (5x5) LTE carrier for better indoor coverage. 

Tmobile sure is going all in on its LTE CA on its AWS, PCS and 700A spectrum assets.

• Like 1

This makes me wonder if Sprint should at some point do CA between its B26 and B25 carriers.  Especially in places where Sprint can deploy a 2nd 5x5 LTE carrier, I think it would be wise if Sprint gave a thought to do a B26 (5x5) + B25 (5x5) LTE carrier for better indoor coverage. 

Tmobile sure is going all in on its LTE CA on its AWS, PCS and 700A spectrum assets.

Not without major eNB equipment upgrade shenanigans. 

Is t4gru is shut down now?

T4GRU.com is unavailable on my end.  It could be a temporary IP.Board issue.  But my guess is that T4GRU is no more.  The members there did not support the site with content and donations the way that the members here have done.

AJ

This makes me wonder if Sprint should at some point do CA between its B26 and B25 carriers. Especially in places where Sprint can deploy a 2nd 5x5 LTE carrier, I think it would be wise if Sprint gave a thought to do a B26 (5x5) + B25 (5x5) LTE carrier for better indoor coverage.

That was the original plan under Hesse

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

This makes me wonder if Sprint should at some point do CA between its B26 and B25 carriers. Especially in places where Sprint can deploy a 2nd 5x5 LTE carrier, I think it would be wise if Sprint gave a thought to do a B26 (5x5) + B25 (5x5) LTE carrier for better indoor coverage.

I'm certain it's in question at Sprint HQ however in terms of priorities it's definitely below getting those 3 Band 41 carriers online.

Maybe it's fourth in line after 3xCA, densification, and VoLTE.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

T-Mobile issuing stock in the company to primary account holders to download an app and make referrals.  That's pretty cool.  B)

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/un-carrier-11-stock-gives-customers-t-mobile-shares-t-mobile-tuesdays-app-g/2016-06-06

Only thing I like is the WiFi on flights with Gogo. Wish Sprint had that.

• Like 1

It's an interesting way to do referrals, I'll give them that. 

On another forum I got shouted down because I said T-Mobile Tuesday's wasn't innovative. I said it was a nice program but not innovative and some jet crashing in the desert got emotionally upset.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 1

Only thing I like is the WiFi on flights with Gogo. Wish Sprint had that.

Hell, I just want Boingo hotspots to work in airports as a Sprint customer. I'd be thrilled with free wifi on a plane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Free wifi on the plane is nice.  Guess you figure sms/mms isn't really the default way to text anymore.  Makes sense to offer more!

The only issue, until the airliners get Go-Go's new satellite equipment, Go-Go is ground based and it is SLOW.  Probably end up waiting 5minutes just to send a snap chat pix.  Might be decent enough for simple websites like reddit through. 

The pizza is cool, I'd be down for pizza.  I love pizza. :-D

However, I don't like the stock option.  Why not just do a $50 referral bill credit or visa gift card? That is consumer friendly 101 right there. Instead, TMo is asking customers to sign up for a service, which will require a lot of personal information, after a year will get trading/selling fees, and it is money that the customer will have to file with the IRS and get taxed on. Seems not consumer friendly at all.  Seems like a extremely poor "innovative" idea.  The article says TMo is guestimating $1 million in this.  Ahh... that isn't very many shares.  Seems more like they purposefully doing this so they can do an Uncarrier that says "Hey FREE STOCK" and have the process done in such a way that the least amount of people will actually claim a stock.   

Seems like they just might be out of ideas.  Pizza and movies is just promotional giveaway which isn't a first for business to ever do cause the business usually doesn't pay for much of this kind of promotion. Oh, and didn't Sprint do this last year? And then the GoGo flight is just expanding on an existing idea which doesn't need an uncarrier.  Might be way they are combining it with the giveaways. 

• Like 1

Free wifi on the plane is nice. Guess you figure sms/mms isn't really the default way to text anymore. Makes sense to offer more!

The only issue, until the airliners get Go-Go's new satellite equipment, Go-Go is ground based and it is SLOW. Probably end up waiting 5minutes just to send a snap chat pix. Might be decent enough for simple websites like reddit through.

The pizza is cool, I'd be down for pizza. I love pizza. :-D

However, I don't like the stock option. Why not just do a $50 referral bill credit or visa gift card? That is consumer friendly 101 right there. Instead, TMo is asking customers to sign up for a service, which will require a lot of personal information, after a year will get trading/selling fees, and it is money that the customer will have to file with the IRS and get taxed on. Seems not consumer friendly at all. Seems like a extremely poor "innovative" idea. The article says TMo is guestimating $1 million in this. Ahh... that isn't very many shares. Seems more like they purposefully doing this so they can do an Uncarrier that says "Hey FREE STOCK" and have the process done in such a way that the least amount of people will actually claim a stock.

Seems like they just might be out of ideas. Pizza and movies is just promotional giveaway which isn't a first for business to ever do cause the business usually doesn't pay for much of this kind of promotion. Oh, and didn't Sprint do this last year? And then the GoGo flight is just expanding on an existing idea which doesn't need an uncarrier. Might be way they are combining it with the giveaways.

To me it doesn't help that GoGo is being dropped in favor of better and more reliable in-flight WiFi providers. In my opinion, JetBlue's Fly-Fi is definitely one of the best around. Low latency, and speeds in the low teens are regular and to be expected in this day and age.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

What is left to do that could be innovative? A lot of what I was actually thinking T-Mobile would do was on the technical side. NumberSync on steroids or something like that.

3GPP release 12? Internet of things? It doesn't seem like machine to machine is a huge focus for T-Mobile at this time.

I guess my dream is a provider that could serve fiber to the home and fiber speeds everywhere else. One integrated solution that blows everything else out of the water. I look at the market and most of the bundled and integrated solutions suck here in the US. Verizon was probably the closest to going where I wanted this to all go but with Wall Street demands on profit and dividends, that was a pipe dream.

Is the US really very competitive in broadband overall? I think we know the answer to the question. Yet I don't see a true breaking of the duopoly unless someone can challenge with an integrated package.

Also to be noted, the state of TV sucks right now. That is the industry most ripe for disruption right now IMO.

I think what would have been cooler is fixed wireless services in certain areas.  Carriers have all this spectrum, and in rural areas it doesn't get used.  These rural areas might have a poor dsl offering or no offering at all.  Where my dad lives, he only has fixed wireless as an option.  He pays $70/mo for 2Mbps. Yet I can pull in over 100Mbps on Sprint's B41 outside and 40Mbps inside.  My brother at his house only has a Windstream 1.5Mbps connection.  My uncle and brother in law have zero internet providers (outside satellite) yet live very close to a tower with three major carriers on it. 

That would be disruptive imo. 

What he did do was comment on cable again.  Ugh.  Really only leaves Comcast as they likely buyer.

What he did do was comment on cable again. Ugh. Really only leaves Comcast as they likely buyer.

If Comcast bought a wireless provider like T-Mobile or Sprint, I would just doubt Comcast doing anything innovative with it.