T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

I think the spectrum auction will tell us what are comcast plans regarding wireless.  Had Sprint only had around 8 billions in debt when Massa offered to Comcast, we would be talking about comcast wireless. 

Tmobile is basically unaffordable to anyone now, the only thing I see is a partnership like when Vodafone owned 45% of Verizon Wireless. If Sprint straight out their debts problems by 2019 - 2020  Comcast will buy them. 

I don't think they are too expensive.  "Little" old Charter just dropped $55billion.  Comcast was going to drop $45billion for TWC.  Comcast has the cash.  Stock hasn't changed much since 2015.

On another note the T-Mobile free stuff servers are crunched. Legere appeared on Good Morning America about the program and servers went AWOL after that.

I entered my T-Mobile number and got the spinning wheel 15 minutes ago.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TMobile send out a mass text about the Tuesday app? Wonder if I should let some people know.

I didn't get any text myself. Note, my T-Mobile number is not out of Southern Illinois, it is out of Chicago (312 area code).

I think what would have been cooler is fixed wireless services in certain areas.  Carriers have all this spectrum, and in rural areas it doesn't get used.  These rural areas might have a poor dsl offering or no offering at all.  Where my dad lives, he only has fixed wireless as an option.  He pays $70/mo for 2Mbps. Yet I can pull in over 100Mbps on Sprint's B41 outside and 40Mbps inside.  My brother at his house only has a Windstream 1.5Mbps connection.  My uncle and brother in law have zero internet providers (outside satellite) yet live very close to a tower with three major carriers on it. 

That would be disruptive imo.

A variation on this, right here, is the way to handle rural deployment.  I wish someone would do it.

My thought would be to partner with small local ISPs to do a full build.  For example, where my parents live and using T-Mobile as the example, Kinex Telecom could deploy all three T-Mobile bands (700 5x5, AWS 20x20, and PCS 20x20), selling both fixed and mobile service on that spectrum.  In lieu of lease fees, Kinex would buy the equipment, pay the rent, pay the backhaul fees, etc. and T-Mobile customers who go through the area would get to use that rather than roaming (or no service). 

I imagine the Sprint/Shentel arrangement is similar, albeit on a much larger scale.

It's a real shame nobody is doing something like that, because it would win a lot of good will and a lot of rural customers, while gaining a lot of rural coverage at little or no cost.

- Trip

A variation on this, right here, is the way to handle rural deployment. I wish someone would do it.

My thought would be to partner with small local ISPs to do a full build. For example, where my parents live and using T-Mobile as the example, Kinex Telecom could deploy all three T-Mobile bands (700 5x5, AWS 20x20, and PCS 20x20), selling both fixed and mobile service on that spectrum. In lieu of lease fees, Kinex would buy the equipment, pay the rent, pay the backhaul fees, etc. and T-Mobile customers who go through the area would get to use that rather than roaming (or no service).

I imagine the Sprint/Shentel arrangement is similar, albeit on a much larger scale.

It's a real shame nobody is doing something like that, because it would win a lot of good will and a lot of rural customers, while gaining a lot of rural coverage at little or no cost.

- Trip

Isn't there still plenty of B41 in rural areas for small ISP'S to use?

I think what would have been cooler is fixed wireless services in certain areas.  Carriers have all this spectrum, and in rural areas it doesn't get used.  These rural areas might have a poor dsl offering or no offering at all.  Where my dad lives, he only has fixed wireless as an option.  He pays $70/mo for 2Mbps. Yet I can pull in over 100Mbps on Sprint's B41 outside and 40Mbps inside.  My brother at his house only has a Windstream 1.5Mbps connection.  My uncle and brother in law have zero internet providers (outside satellite) yet live very close to a tower with three major carriers on it. 

That would be disruptive imo. 

What he did do was comment on cable again.  Ugh.  Really only leaves Comcast as they likely buyer.

If they're doing so well, why sell?

Is there? I thought either Sprint had it all, or it was licensed in such a way that nobody could use it.

- Trip

Sprint only has 73 mhz of B41 where I live.

It's an interesting way to do referrals, I'll give them that. 

On another forum I got shouted down because I said T-Mobile Tuesday's wasn't innovative. I said it was a nice program but not innovative and some jet crashing in the desert got emotionally upset.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I think Uncarrier 11 is a waste, really. It doesn't seem to serve much purpose, and it'll be interesting what happens out of this stock issuing deal.

• Like 1

I think Uncarrier 11 is a waste, really. It doesn't seem to serve much purpose, and it'll be interesting what happens out of this stock issuing deal.

I will admit, in the interest of full disclosure, that I'm thinking of porting my currently unused AT&T number into Magenta solely to claim the stock share. I am considering getting financing through Apple for the iPhone Upgrade Program and that way, I'm not locked into any carrier. Never again will I likely finance through any carrier. 

Using Magenta as the daily driver will be, um, interesting here. Especially since I'm in one of the few regions of the country that USCC or a similar region doesn't have B12 and yet neither does T-Mobile. I think Southern Illinois might be the new Mobile Frontier. 

On a side note, I did claim the free Frosty yesterday since I had errands to run in Carbondale. T-Mobile was getting between 3-15 Mbps on a single 5 MHz of PCS LTE. That said, and here comes the huge caveat, there aren't many college students there right now. T-Mobile is going to have to get AWS 15x15 running there and get more cells around Carbondale. None of the towers around Carbondale are owned by the carriers at this stage, it's either rooftops or towers owned by Crown Castle/SBA/American Tower. To compare, Sprint has B41 through most of Carbondale at this stage. 

To be honest I'd be OK with an expansion cell in Sparta and Steeleville, along with additional Carbondale cells. The Carbondale cells are needed. 

• Like 2

I am finding more and more sub 1Mbps LTE sites on T-Mobile every month. Even on Wideband B4 deployments. At peak times, it feels like 20-25% of sites are bogged down.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

• Like 1

I will admit, in the interest of full disclosure, that I'm thinking of porting my currently unused AT&T number into Magenta solely to claim the stock share.

Let me know if you need a referral [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I am finding more and more sub 1Mbps LTE sites on T-Mobile every month. Even on Wideband B4 deployments. At peak times, it feels like 20-25% of sites are bogged down.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

I can honestly say I have never seen tmobile below 5 mbps anywhere in the southeast region I have traveled to recently unless there was no coverage or I was on b12.
  • Like 1

I can honestly say I have never seen tmobile below 5 mbps anywhere in the southeast region I have traveled to recently unless there was no coverage or I was on b12.

Around Orlando I hit a few spots that were sub 1mpbs on T-Mobile's B2 and B4.

• Like 1

Around Orlando I hit a few spots that were sub 1mpbs on T-Mobile's B2 and B4.

They have b2 in Orlando? I have yet to see it. Maybe I come on good days. The only time I see that is band 12 and b4 at like 130dbm but on a good signal. Never.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk