T-Mobile LTE & Network Discussion V2

lilotimz

2nd day of the outage. VoLTE is completely broken.

But Rootmetrics is biased against Tmobile and turns off VoLTE. Legere told me so and expect call reliability to improve in their new reports with VoLTE turned on.

• Like 1

I've had off and on issues myself with calling. This is why I added a additional line to my sprint account... Let's see how long it takes to get fixed. Atleast my data is working with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is just like the massive Midwest outage sprint had almost a year ago to the day (I believe it was March 1st or 3rd or somewhere around then). Anyone remember that one? It lasted the whole day, calls and text were broken but LTE and 3G data worked fine.

• Like 1

This is just like the massive Midwest outage sprint had almost a year ago to the day (I believe it was March 1st or 3rd or somewhere around then). Anyone remember that one? It lasted the whole day, calls and text were broken but LTE and 3G data worked fine.

I don't remember it. I may not have made no calls that day and I was using iMessage.

People still make phone calls? Didn't realize. Lol

Yes, talkative people.  Sad.  One feels sorry for them -- but there it is.

AJ

It's hilarious that T-Mobile ranked dead last in the most recent root metrics scores overall and for reliability.. Sprint pulled ahead overall past T-Mobile. Immediately all the T-Mobile fan's started bashing Sprint and saying this is just absolutely flawed methodology (ironic when most of them cited Root Metrics when they did great), however this is just epic that they are having a NATIONWIDE VoLTE outage right after these scores were announced. Whats even more hilarious is how they just released ads saying 40% of all calls on T-Mobile are VoLTE. So guess 40% of people are SOL, and especially those people in B12 areas that have nothing else.. HAH

• Like 3

I couldn't call my mother at all yesterday, due to the issues that affected both of our lines. Than goodness I didn't have a health emergency, otherwise I would be switching to AT&T, as I've mentioned here on S4GRU a bit lately. This definitely has me thinking more about the possibility, especially now as the Microsoft Lumia 950xl I got has some serious charging issues, along with network connectivity issues I had with it on Thursday, though I'm not sure if that was related to the T-Mobile problems, or was prior to those. However, the charging issues are bad enough to warrant a return. More frustration I seem to have with these devices.

• Like 1

I couldn't call my mother at all yesterday, due to the issues that affected both of our lines. Than goodness I didn't have a health emergency, otherwise I would be switching to AT&T, as I've mentioned here on S4GRU a bit lately. This definitely has me thinking more about the possibility, especially now as the Microsoft Lumia 950xl I got has some serious charging issues, along with network connectivity issues I had with it on Thursday, though I'm not sure if that was related to the T-Mobile problems, or was prior to those. However, the charging issues are bad enough to warrant a return. More frustration I seem to have with these devices.

fwiw when I was on sprint my father in law was on at&t and their service was down more often than a hookers panties. It was especially noticeable during emergencies like tsunamis etc, sprint and Verizon were the two solid performers. I got a verizon table and was shocked how poor their network is here as well, spotty coverage, crazy slow and hella expensive. Things may be different now or where you live but don't bank on at&t being awesome unless you have past experience.
  • Like 1

fwiw when I was on sprint my father in law was on at&t and their service was down more often than a hookers panties. It was especially noticeable during emergencies like tsunamis etc, sprint and Verizon were the two solid performers. I got a verizon table and was shocked how poor their network is here as well, spotty coverage, crazy slow and hella expensive. Things may be different now or where you live but don't bank on at&t being awesome unless you have past experience.

I'm in the Chicago area, where I tried Cricket for a short time. I would have stayed with them likely, if the device I got didn't have a defective screen, which the local dealer wasn't helpful resolving. The reception on the device was very excellent here though, at least in terms of where I went, as I'm not judging for the entire Chicago area. One particular note to mention in my experience, was how I go around 60% signal of LTE in my basement, whereas T-Mobile drops off LTE completely in, and Verizon only got low signal levels of LTE. So for that, I was impressed.

However, I will note I'm not too fond of how AT&T is ignoring several of its markets, based on test results, certain mentions I've read about online of others' experiences, etc. Also how AT&T is engulfed in so many different areas of business, it has got to be at least partly why their cell service is dwindling in certain areas. It seems AT&T is taking a much different approach to their wireless service than the other three carriers who are seemingly more dedicated to their networks. Yet, at least AT&T does have its good areas which this area here around Chicago has shown me, via Cricket.

T-Mobile officially purchasing all of the 700 A-block spectrum held by Continuum and Cavalier, as filed with FCC.

Wow. So pretty much with all the buying T-Mobile has been doing with 700, it's pretty much nationwide?

That is great. Is there a link?

You can see a nice map at: http://www.spectrumgateway.com/t-mobile-700a-spectrum

Owned spectrum is in pink, pending transactions with FCC are in gold. They won't be finalized until after quiet period due to 600 auction, but T-Mobile filed for concurrent leases, so they can use the spectrum until FCC formally ok's it.

Edited by luvixuha
  • Like 1

You can see a nice map at: http://www.spectrumgateway.com/t-mobile-700a-spectrum

Owned spectrum is in pink, pending transactions with FCC are in gold. They won't be finalized until after quiet period due to 600 auction, but T-Mobile filed for concurrent leases, so they can use the spectrum until FCC formally ok's it.

Incorrect. The FCC will approve the transaction within the next few weeks and only then can T-Mobile actually use the spectrum. Concurrent operations agreements are for handing television stations which broadcast adjacent to the A block downlink.